Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
I 100% believe that if she wasn't as attractive as she is, or hadn't dated an up and coming rap star, she wouldn't have reached the level of influence she has now. She seemingly appeared out of nowhere, it often takes people years to get to the positions she seemingly gets handed to her, and I don't think its because she's exceptionally talented or anything. It took Greg James the best part of a decade to get onto the breakfast show, yet she's handed a prime time weekend slot straight of the bat??
I’d have to disagree. She moved to London when she was 16 literally doing any job she could In radio stations etc so yes she has been lucky but I wouldn’t say it’s been handed to her. I guess times are different nowadays where places like the bbc or big brands will work with people who are up and coming so it seems like they are just being handed a fancy cool job but in reality that’s the way the industry works now compared to 10-20 years ago

Reactions: 14

NParker

Chatty Member
I quite like her but I'm really shocked to find out she's not a nepo baby. She seemed to just suddenly be everywhere overnight for no reason I could understand.
I've made this post before, but she really did work her way up from the bottom, and then made so many friends all doors were open to her. I don't think there's anyone in the UK 'urban' music scene aged 25-35 who she doesn't know.

BUT being absolutely stunningly beautiful with an amazing body, and being racially ambiguous at a time where every media outlet wanted to show how diverse they were really helped her. She came up with Yasmin Evans/Snoochie Shy (who models herself on Maya) and a few others. They're also successful, but haven't done as well as her.

NParker

Chatty Member
I’m all for self confidence - but I dunno, it feels like maya is getting more and more arrogant with it. Feels like she power tripping right now big time. Makes me cringe a little x
She has always been SUPER vain. I understand it because she is beautiful, but it's so off-putting. Aging will absolutely kill her, because she has nothing going for her outside of her image.

She's always had a fantastic figure, big bum (when she's bigger), small waist, but I'd also bet money she's had work done.

EnglishBreakfastTea

The songs he’s written about her are so sweet 🥹 definitely wouldn’t blame her if she gets back with him, there’s clearly a lot of love there.

• Heart

ccccc

Chatty Member
I feel like Maya dressed as someone’s scatty nan is Maya back to her post-break up best. Her shoes were actual jokes. And she seemed to be surrounded by non-pretentious friends just having a laugh.

Girl In The Corner

Chatty Member
She booked 3 whole months off work to go be with him that’s not a little thing she made him her priority and moved to another country to support him she 100% deserves a guy that hypes her up and is proud of her. He’s popped the question in private but only happy to go public with his dog 😂 another weird manchild.

Edrych

Apparently there was a video of Stormzy is 72 years old at her flat on Christmas Day. The Shade Borough posted it on twitter. Not sure if its fake or not.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Oh wow so I guess the sob story tour he’s been on the past few months worked! It’s crazy that someone so beautiful and in her line of work hasn’t found a great guy to settle down with. Forced to pick at her own leftovers.

I mean he seems like a nice guy and he’s obviously talented/successful but if he massively disrespected her once, what’s to stop him doing it again? Hopefully they are that lucky rare example of a man doing you dirty, losing you and then treating you right the second time.

Blueblue123

VIP Member
If anyone chooses not to forgive Maya for her past words, that's down to them. It hasn't hindered her career in any notable way so she's got off scot-free to be honest. But people can choose not to be a fan if they like.

There will be people who aren't fans because they find her annoying, untalented, overexposed... Why is their dislike valid but not people who don't want to forgive her previous harmful "jokes"?

• Heart

ccccc

Chatty Member
Ok honestly her Halloween party looked hilarious I loved all the granny’s getting down on the dance floor lol. I actually thought her granny costume was so good.😂

• Haha

iknowevery1

Chatty Member
all these places are hiring her so that they can say they're inclusive. I wish a dark skinned girl got these type of opportunities in the u.k

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Love Maya, she’s funny, beautiful and I think she’s a good role model to younger women and shows how you can appreciate your worth without being too much at the same time

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
Doesnt matter who they find attractive - its a valid point, in that its someone touching your body thinking its ok. I had a few gay friends and they would be like one of the girls, but I still didnt like the jokey touches.

• Heart

artnouveau

Chatty Member
Yeah. I’m sure he said he did do something disrespectful but he didn’t cheat
I got the impression it was possible he had been messaging or sexting another girl and Maya somehow found out.
I think Stormzy is 72 years old is gorgeous though and Maya too, they do make a nice couple, I hope it works out for them.

• Heart

NParker

Chatty Member
I used to like Maya from her Snapchat days when she was doing Rinse. Like the parody of ‘Steve’ she used to do cracked me up. However, she obviously does love herself and despite already having a great figure has clearly succumbed as the boobs and butt have got bigger and stomach more sculpted. I was a bit disappointed to see an article that she is presenting boxing on DAZN as I love a bit of boxing- Kate Abdo who presents is stunning and an excellent, experienced sports presenter who holds her own amongst all the men.

Although I didn’t actually watch Maya present so can’t comment on that, she did post loads of photos of ‘me me me’ all her at her DAZN presenting gig. Whereas Kate Abdo when she does it, will sit there looking the bomb in head to toe fendi but the difference is she seems to understand that SHE IS NOT THE MAIN EVENT. I did think oh please May not DAZN too.
I can't think of another celebrity who does the humble brag thing so oftenm Like when she recently wore a strapless dress that pushed her boobs up to an event, and when the papers commented on it (because that's what she knew they'd do), she made a comment along the lines of..."Have you never seen boobs before...!!!"

So her plan is to be seen and admired, and when she is she acts surprised and coy about it! She does the same to her young fans, she'll post something beautiful and provocative (herself in a bikini) and when young girls lament over their own appearance she'll pretend she's really not that beautiful at all. It really irks me.

freddofrog

a pretty girl but gosh she grinds my gears :ROFLMAO: her schtick is very 'I'm-not-like-other-girls' and I can't stand it.

studmuffin12

I meant in terms of being prejudiced/racist/ you Deffo know right and wrong at 18. The age of criminal responsibility is 10. Some people are just decent people from a young age I guess and those that aren’t, do so because they can get away with it with no fear of backlash
You are correct in some way but its not that black and white, people can / do / will make mistakes especially at 18. I made alot and would consider myself a decent person at 30. You live and you learn.

• Heart