Maura Higgins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is also quite possible that the Strictly pros will have to bubble again with their celebs, which will mean him being totally unavailable from September for a few months, potentially.
This public launch of a relationship is not his M.O. at all, but seems to be hers. Will be interesting to see how it works out. He's already gained over 20k followers since she posted!
Chris went from over 800k to over 1million followers when she posted. Good luck to them, sure who are they doing any harm to.

Reactions: 4
I can't see it lasting long myself. Isnt Gio always rumoured to be shagging whoever his Strictly partner is 🤣

Reactions: 14
It’s funny how Maura seems to be slut-shamed more than the likes of Nick Cannon...
I forgot when a 6 month relationship ends (that was only due to lockdown) the woman has to wear mourning clothes for the calendar year. Queen Victoria style.🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I don't care about her romantic history - they were both single, so fine. I am more interested in the PR dimensions - he has always been more private so the co-ordinated PR launch is interesting. I guess for an influencer every aspect of your life has to be part of your brand strategy..

Reactions: 7
I really liked her with Chris and did think it was genuine, but dear god her and Gio look 🥵🔥 together. Can't see it lasting tho.

Reactions: 15
I liked Maura and Chris together too. I hope they can still be friends after awhile. They did seem to be really good friends before they got together.

Reactions: 8
Chris even liked her post yesterday so it’s all amicable. Ultimately I think it was a close friendship that turned into something else due to lockdown.

Reactions: 16
Yeah she definitely is. She gave up her flat the minute she got with Chris apparently, so she just wants to be part of a ‘power couple’ like MM!
New to MH, but I love Gio so im having a nose. Have been reading numerous references of MM as Meghan Markle but the penny has dropped! Great timing for a PR relationship although they might be having fun along the way too.

That's a lovely photo of Giovanni and Kate Beckinsale.

I can't see it lasting long myself. Isnt Gio always rumoured to be shagging whoever his Strictly partner is 🤣
Maybe he will get a male partner this year. The other strictly fans will be buzzing around here now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't care about her romantic history - they were both single, so fine. I am more interested in the PR dimensions - he has always been more private so the co-ordinated PR launch is interesting. I guess for an influencer every aspect of your life has to be part of your brand strategy.
I'm a Strictly fan but don't follow the pros out of season but I've seen some Giovanni fans saying that he's been doing some attention grabbing things recently so this may be his new MO. I get the impression that Strictly is cycling out some of it's pros so the savvier ones are securing other gigs and upping their celeb status before a potential axe. Some of them have already moved on and even someone new-ish and popular like Oti has decided she has only one more year in her before she ends it.

I liked Maura and Chris together too. I hope they can still be friends after awhile. They did seem to be really good friends before they got together.
I doubt they'll ever be how they used to be. That's the folly of going from friends to lovers. It's always going to be a bit weird particularly for the dumped one and that's before getting into the more problematic nature of their relationship.

Reactions: 3
People going on about Chris and Maura being such great friends is annoying. They met summer 2019. They got together the following year for 6 months during COVID.
they weren’t exactly bffs for 20 years who ruined a life long friendship over it.
All the armchair psychologists going on about it as if families have been uprooted by the split 🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
Thing is both Maura and Chris gave it the hard sell that they were inseparable BFFs after Love Island and particularly in the wake of her break up with Curtis during the first lockdown. Then when they got together we got all the staged photos and loved up captions that he was her everything. All the interviews saying that he was 'the one' and hyping up the prospect of marriage and children. After five months of a constant stream of that to then go 'whoops I only see him as a friend' and quickly get with someone else seems a very strange.

You can't blame fans that had become invested in their romance for wondering where they stand now. Even more strange how her ultra stans spent those months hyping them up as the perfect couple that were forever to also turn around and say 'meh they were only a COVID couple' or 'friends with benefits' and now that 'they weren't even that good friends'.

Reactions: 17
People going on about Chris and Maura being such great friends is annoying. They met summer 2019. They got together the following year for 6 months during COVID.
they weren’t exactly bffs for 20 years who ruined a life long friendship over it.
All the armchair psychologists going on about it as if families have been uprooted by the split 🤣🤣
Your other comment got removed 👀🤣

Maura has always had a close friendship with Chris and Molly. I prefer her friendship with Chris as it’s less superficial. They didn’t become inseparable after her break up with Curtis lol they were together a lot more when him and the guys moved closer to Maura’s apartment. Last time I checked they both said it’s only friends not just her. There obviously isn’t too much bad blood when he still likes all her posts and her mums posts. Friends to lover is tricky when it doesn’t work out 😬 it can take a long time for it to be back to the friendship they both had. I do hope they eventually get there.

Reactions: 10
I think people are entitled to slightly side-eye almost identical relationship 'launch' posts, the second about a guy she's known for less than two months! But I guess this is the issue with putting all your life out there, on display, for consumption, all the time.

Anyway, her hairdresser posted that he's in Ireland for a month. By the time she comes back G will be starting rehearsals for Strictly, and we will see about the bubbling then. Then after Strictly he has rehearsals for his own tour, which will take up the next few months..

Reactions: 4
Of course, I mean that’s why you joined tattle and all 17 of your message are on these two ✨she’s got you hooked✨ Exactly their life is out there and we can all discuss it. My point was about her and Chris not these two though.

Yes she’s in Ireland, she’s shared that on her on stories too. No one is certain on the strictly rules as of yet but people can have careers and relationships. I definitely don’t think it will work out but sure that’s their own issue.

Reactions: 2
Not sure how he was able to not get a picture taken to be honest and I’m surprised he never got asked by people there from a picture. He couldn’t even go to Cornwall without being asked for a picture lol
I’m so far behind but I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this is Antony Costa from Blue not Giovanni? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m so far behind but I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this is Antony Costa from Blue not Giovanni? 🤣
this made me laugh😂 yes and Claire Sweeney in the first picture. Just an example that paps were paid to take pictures at this event.