Maura Higgins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone watching glow up
Ireland!? Mauras enunciation is bleeping shocking 😭😭😭
Oh my God I couldn't stick more than 5 minutes of it!! I loved Maura on LI. She was one of the best contestants they've ever had, and her accent made her even funnier at times, but it absolutely doesn't work for TV presenting!!!

Reactions: 5
Oh my God I couldn't stick more than 5 minutes of it!! I loved Maura on LI. She was one of the best contestants they've ever had, and her accent made her even funnier at times, but it absolutely doesn't work for TV presenting!!!
I know! For “this, that, the, they” she says “dis, dat, de, dey” is sounds bleeping awful!

Reactions: 4
It looks a bit cheap though I am sure it was expensive! Also, posing for insta while there is a standing ovation for Kate Garraway's speech is not a good look..

Reactions: 6
I know! For “this, that, the, they” she says “dis, dat, de, dey” is sounds bleeping awful!
I know the accent is grating but look loads of the country sound like that. Nice to have someone on tv that’s not a complete Rte robot. Our pool of presenters need some fresh faces. Same people for 10 years on rotation

Reactions: 17
I know the accent is grating but look loads of the country sound like that. Nice to have someone on tv that’s not a complete Rte robot. Our pool of presenters need some fresh faces. Same people for 10 years on rotation
I've seen far more praise for RTE employing someone with Maura's accent, than negativity against it.
Most seem happy to have a different regional accent represented. The "Dis,Dat,Dey" is part of the appeal for me. 😁

Reactions: 6
To be honest I’ve actually never met someone who has SUCH a strong accent I actually thought it was put on for LI. Haven’t watched the show yet but yesterday they had her ‘live’ on 2fm to promote the show - which was very obviously a recording- my god she will not be a radio presenter in this life time

Reactions: 3
I’m from rural Ireland myself. I can enunciate properly 😬 it doesn’t sound good on tv.
You learn how to pronounce “th” in primary school..: remember the rhyme “THis, THat, THese and THose that is the way the TH goes” 😜

• Haha
I’m from rural ireland too.. I pronounce my th’s like maura, it does make me paranoid but it’s my accent so what can you do🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 15
I’m from rural ireland too.. I pronounce my th’s like maura, it does make me paranoid but it’s my accent so what can you do🤷🏽‍♀️
Exactly, it’s her accent. She shouldn’t have to change it as it’s her heritage and where she came from. It’s great, adds some diversity to the current presenting pool

Reactions: 19
Her accent is fine… it’s the enunciation 🙄 you learn this at school and it doesn’t transition well on radio/tv. Just my opinion 😊

Exactly, it’s her accent. She shouldn’t have to change it as it’s her heritage and where she came from. It’s great, adds some diversity to the current presenting pool
Exactly. It beats another D4 accent any day.

Reactions: 7
I don’t know how many times I can say her accent isn’t the issue, it’s very similar to my own 🤣 there is a difference between accent and pronunciation 😊

I don’t know how many times I can say her accent isn’t the issue, it’s very similar to my own 🤣 there is a difference between accent and pronunciation 😊
Some people have an issue with pronunciation because of their accent.

Reactions: 9
Her outfit looked awful at the NTAs - leave a little to the imagination. Not at all classy

Her outfit looked awful at the NTAs - leave a little to the imagination. Not at all classy
Most of the press seem to disagree. She's on the best dressed lists with most of them.
I think her gold TV choice awards outfit, is still her best look (her first awards show after leaving the villa).

• Sick
To be honest I’ve actually never met someone who has SUCH a strong accent I actually thought it was put on for LI. Haven’t watched the show yet but yesterday they had her ‘live’ on 2fm to promote the show - which was very obviously a recording- my god she will not be a radio presenter in this life time
Was that really her ? I wasn’t sure if it was or just a skit? The song thing she was singing about her abs and how unreal she was ? Made me think it was someone joking putting on her accent 🙈😂🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Was that really her ? I wasn’t sure if it was or just a skit? The song thing she was singing about her abs and how unreal she was ? Made me think it was someone joking putting on her accent 🙈😂🤷🏻‍♀️
It wasn’t her 🤭😂 it was Doireann

• Haha
It wasn’t her 🤭😂 it was Doireann
Thank gawddddd (it was actually the first time I’ve listened to 2 fm😂) and thought if that really is her I really dislike her now 😂 and presumed it was a piss take until I saw the posters comment up there so thanks for clarifying haha

Reactions: 3