Maura Higgins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she not do an identical post when she announced herself and Chris were an item 🙄
Yep... pretty much. And I know a lot of people thought it wasn't a genuine relationship but I do, from Chris' perspective at least. I just find posts like this from anyone aged over 20 about new boyfriends/girlfriends within only a couple of months of the last relationship ending a weird combination of embarrassing and disrespectful. Especially when your new bloke has a reputation like Giovanni!

Reactions: 16
They look hot. Well suited.
I need to hear them chatting just to hear the madness of the accents !!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
They look hot. Well suited.
I need to hear them chatting just to hear the madness of the accents !!
That would be very entertaining to be fair 🤣🤣 Though look at them... I'm sure talking is the last thing on either of their minds at this stage of the relationship!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I knew she would want new pics out after those S*n monstrosities. His hair looks awful.

Reactions: 3
she has been in so many weird half hearted relationships and then gets into other weird half hearted relationships within weeks of them ending. curtis, bradley james, chris and now gio? i have no issues with people being in lots of relationships but when she literally leaves only a couple of weeks between getting with another guy, she comes across desperate and a fame bleep.

Reactions: 11
You're right but it was just a little over month from when she split from Chris and had a weekend in Cornwall with Giovanni (I googled it) So a month to hook up with someone new and two months to go instagram official with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
You're right but it was just a little over month from when she split from Chris and had a weekend with Giovanni. So a month to hook up with someone new and two months to go instagram official with them.
i don't think a month is a significant amount of time either. she cannot claim to be seriously invested in these flings and then be over them so quickly. i'm honestly starting to think there's some truth in the rumour someone came up with earlier in the thread that she's a lesbian.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm pretty sure they met during Molly's Birthday celebrations in mid/late May (as I said elsewhere, Gio's flatmate followed Molly's sister around the same time Maura followed Gio/his flatmate)..

... I'm guessing they might have decided to put a public stamp on the relationship, due to Maura flying home to Ireland today (guessing she'll be there for up to a month. Probably depends on how quickly she's cleared for covid, although I suppose there's likely a fast track test/clear schedule for media workers).

I have less faith in this lasting than Chris..or even Curtis , largely because they are both fiery enough that their arguments could crumble a building ... but then, I suppose the make-up sex would be good.😁

I'm not convinced Maura will be happy with his work schedule/potential lack of attention either. Even if he's paired with someone on Strictly that he doesn't want to date :cautious:, Strictly will take up a big chunk of his time from October to December and then he has a solid 3 month tour from March to May (and he'll likely be training for that in January & February).

Still, it's beneficial for both of them media wise. Keeps Gio in the spotlight for his tour with Anton, keeps Maura in the headlines during the new Love Island (although given the lack of impact with this years show, she probably didn't have much to worry about). It'll keep the press happy as well.. if they can last long enough to make it to a few red carpet events.

It is also quite possible that the Strictly pros will have to bubble again with their celebs, which will mean him being totally unavailable from September for a few months, potentially.
This public launch of a relationship is not his M.O. at all, but seems to be hers. Will be interesting to see how it works out. He's already gained over 20k followers since she posted!

Reactions: 3
It is also quite possible that the Strictly pros will have to bubble again with their celebs, which will mean him being totally unavailable from September for a few months, potentially.
This public launch of a relationship is not his M.O. at all, but seems to be hers. Will be interesting to see how it works out. He's already gained over 20k followers since she posted!
I didn't think about the bubble. Maura's certainly not going to give up 3 months work to stay in a bubble with Gio and his dance partner (I'm guessing the relationship will be done by then, if that's the case...unless Maura has a chunk of filming/something else to keep her distracted).

..although, to be frank, I can't help but think that all these shows are going to have to stop worrying about bubbles and social distancing at some point. Have your double jabs and then mix freely. It's got to reach that stage at some point...hasn't it? 😐

Last edited:
If another wave comes...who knows. Even if it's left up to the discretion of individuals and companies I could easily see Strictly airing on the side of caution and keeping bubbles and social dstancing.

Reactions: 1