Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
was just trying to explain our matt here to mr kcc and he says, "is that the one who used to have 14 pints on his rounds?" 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 3

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Yes those trite things he comes out with minimise pain rather than help. It is the same as saying 'Cheer up! Things can only get better! Just think happy thoughts!'
I don't understand tbh, as he doesn't strike me as unintelligent. But he must know when he was at his most despairing that someone telling him to remember times when he felt bad, but got over it, would not be helpful in the slightest.
He is someone who is clearly intelligent on some levels but is absolutely brain dead in other areas. He might be a fantastic author of fiction for example but comes across as a complete soft dolt in most other aspects of his life.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Have any of our more internet-savvy tattlers noticed any activity from Matt at all? Has he liked/followed anyone on Twitter or Instagram since the proverbial hit the fan?

Does he think if he hides, everything will be forgotten and he will be reborn, new shines, clean Matt?

Twat.
He’s been tweeting since yesterday but that’s still a week of silence there. It’s unlike him, really.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Holiday ( excited tunnel - who is about to go away for a few days and see parentals for the first time since March 2020 🥺’s version)

A holiday can mean a multitude of things. A holiday from the mundanity of the 9-5. A holiday from your relationship or family . A holiday from the constant chatter inside your mind. If your are privileged enough to enjoy a holiday in these tumultuous times, take a moment to feel the Earth beneath your feet. Try not to look back in anger. Don’t go to space, don’t to go Spain. Watch a sunset over a castle on a hill.
I've gone on holiday today too! I plan on spending at least some of it standing in the sea. I will not keep my trainers on though

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
missed a couple of tweets yesterday as I was too busy being hilarious

20210714_160706.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-140319_Twitter.jpg

and just now, which makes no sense whatsoever

20210714_160507.jpg

jobackhorsewoman

I think most working class jobs are depressing because it always feels like you are doing all the work and yet you are taking home fuck all for it!
That said - we poor folk do know how to havea laugh!

But yes the ignorance of it is so polarising
Haha, so true about doing all the work for FA money. But yeah I've had a good laugh at most jobs and I've done a lot of care work, that made me feel like I was making a difference to more than just someone's bank balance. Still no chance of hopping on a plane at random though. It's making me angry how removed from reality Matt Haig is!

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
He’s been tweeting since yesterday but that’s still a week of silence there. It’s unlike him, really.
Thank you!

Dropped the ball… I was distracted by another charlatan 😔.

They lack his usual…. signature though! I await a “imagine you are a tree” post on Instagram to confirm he is fully back.

• Haha

Wobblehead

VIP Member
(Back from holiday and Olympics)

One not so beautiful thing (tunnel’s version)

Experience one (not so) beautiful thing a day. Wake up with a furry tongue because you ate too many Pringles the night before. Leave your shoes outside overnight and allow them to get soaking wet and stinky. Only have one slightly-too-ripe banana left for breakfast. Take the dog for a walk but forget the poo bags. Whatever. Give yourself that one reminder that the world is sometimes out to get you. Even if we want to appreciate things, having to pick up dog poo using a sandwich wrapper from a nearby bin will quickly thump you back to your pebbly Brighton Earth.

I’ve just seen this and I am fuming. Long me-rail incoming.
I used to run obsessively. I once ran a 35 mile ultra with no food during or after and then ran 10 miles the next day. (I started running 22 years ago for mental health btw). This obsession resulted in one eating disorder and a horrendous injury that cost me ££££ to fix. Now, 5 years later I am deep in the middle of another ED and am trying to learn to run in a way that does not lead to obsession.

To admit all this has taken years. But he is a weapon. This has me in tears. I used to forgo everything to run because I thought it would heal everything but it has broken everything. He has no idea. No idea about binge purge ed, no idea about how it links to depression and anxiety and he is encouraging people to exercise through injury. I follow people who are trying to make a difference on IG who are in danger of being deleted for naked posts and his tripe is being allowed? I am beyond incredulous.
Am sorry to hear this;

• Heart

Dottiedoos

He tweeted today saying:
Interesting that when pedestrians block a road for one day it is called disruption and when cars block a road every day of the year it is called traffic.

Maybe that is because roads are built for CARS. What a dolt. He is becoming a right pain in the ass. I am going to assume he never drives anywhere then?

I unfollowed him for that reason too, amongst others. I found him self-righteous and his SM actually a bit depressing, which is ironic.
He has never learned to drive, he doesn't have a license that's why. His wife does the driving when it's needed

Reactions: 2

notthefullshilling

Chatty Member
As an aside… wasn’t she involved in the Clemmie kick off?

I recognise the name and when I see her speak something rings a bell…..

On topic.

He will get away with it.

He is a white cis man.

Everybody thinks the sun shines out of his proverbial.

This week can do one.
Yeah, I remember inserting herself into the MOD debacle when it all came to light.

Vanelope

VIP Member
He’s either in the very worst career - because he will get criticism from people online as well as praise and good reviews - or in the best (individual) job because imagine him working in any other setting or having to be part of a team? He would be awful.

maisie20

VIP Member
Yes, I thought the same. People are struggling to access mental health services but rich white author can pay to jump the queue. Much like JM with her alleged 3 therapists on speed dial and long dayhab stay. He’s obviously been in a very dark place though and Instagram has been spared the sort of tedious bread crumbing that JM likes to drop on Twitter.

MH posted one of his wordy scribes this morning about (might be triggering so I’ve spoilered) suicide. I wonder if he reads here as he’s done a good thing by signposting a local Brighton suicide prevention charity as suggested up thread. Fewer self-centred words and more of this and some of us might find him a tad less irritating 😬
It’s not jumping the queue it’s just being fortunate to be able to pay private. I was able to get my ASD diagnosis within 3 months, I know I’m very fortunate but I didn’t skip any queue

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
"corny like a hallmark movie and probably the least subtle book I've ever read"

Hi all! I don't really frequent this thread but thought you'd like to know a fairly popular book YouTuber reviewed his latest work and...was not a fan. 🤣 I only knew his name off of mentions of him in other threads on Tattle but wow he sounds annoying.

Review starts at 7 minutes 52 seconds, fair warning if it will upset anyone: there are mentions of suicide, joking about suicide & she uses the word "bitches" a lot.

Accurate