Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
i don't know what he's actually referring to here (but I suspect he's referencing the Kate Clanchy business) but, man, he's clearly so scared of alienating anyone

20210808_210634.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Sourdough

This thread completely sums it up for me. He is one of those people who everyone seems to think the world of and yet I find him so irritating and preachy. And condescending. As someone who is making a fair whack out of mental health I couldn’t listen to it anymore and i unfollowed him ages ago. This whole genre of mental health is good for MH but I fear it has gone a bit far in some cases. I really don’t find knowing absolutely everything about everyone that helpful. And he was being a dick about Britney. Total diva.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
As an aside… wasn’t she involved in the Clemmie kick off?

I recognise the name and when I see her speak something rings a bell…..

On topic.

He will get away with it.

He is a white cis man.

Everybody thinks the sun shines out of his proverbial.

This week can do one.
Yes, she was. She’s friends with Hungermama and it seems like Hungermama whispers into Tetanya’s ear and gets Tetyana to do all the shit stirring while HM stays silent. So I wonder if Haig has been messaging HM.

• Wow

Kalico123

I *think* this is what he says "...it sounds really pathetic but it is a kind of envy, it's not, it's not justified envy. They don't actually realise that people are human beings and have exactly the sort of, same ups and downs and fluctuations that everyone else does. But if you've never had what they imagine that is then I suppose it's a way to say my problems are because of a lack of something".
It's not exactly verbatim but best I could manage.
I have no idea wtf the last part is supposed to mean I don't know if the "my problems referred to are his problems or the commenters' problems. Never mind what he's never had that we imagine he has?!
Wow, if being incredibly moved by a book is considered envy only to have the sentiment of that book completely contradicted by it's creator to the point you can't believe the book anynore then call me the incredible hulk. Of course people have ups and downs but if he's advocating something like self care and the dangers of social media he needs to at least think twice about what he's about to post or engage in.

openbook1

VIP Member
This is from Sunday, I screenshot and forgot to post.
I haven’t paid attention to the Denise Welch drama because I don’t care, but it seems pretty self explanatory. I thought Matt’s tweet was just a generic statement aimed at the random celebrities weighing in about coronavirus as if they’re experts but turns out he’s subtweeting a specific person. Why is Matt #bekind Haig making snide comments? That’s not very on brand, is it? Really immature, too

Also it doesn’t matter that he’s declared that he’s not talking about her. A lot of people have interpreted it to be about her. She fits the description. You can’t make such a vague tweet and then say “no it’s not about that person even though it totally could be”

I’ve followed him for a while and he gives me bad vibes
There is something off/untrustworthy about him, I find.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
of course there's a (very predictable) playlist

Screenshot_20210706-133158_Twitter.jpg

apart from a million retweets of people buying the book, he's suspiciously quiet

hope it continues

• Haha

Peeltheavocado

Chatty Member
I don’t know who this guy is but he is always being retweeted into my timeline. I absolutely hate the shit he tweets. I’m at the lowest point in my life and honestly the crap he tweets makes me feel worse.
Maybe it helps some people but I find his tweets insufferable. It doesn’t even come across as sincere just as though he wants retweets.
I totally agree. Sorry you’re having such a hard time.

Flivver

VIP Member
He’s definitely reading here! Here’s one of his Insta stories from yesterday. Using his massive platform in a positive way.

There’ll be another pity post along soon though. A leopard can’t change its spots.
047886FD-C532-4D71-BB6C-C993577A7C61.jpeg

chocolate choux

VIP Member
So this is how he sees himself. Interesting.

“Feelgood brand” 🤣 That’s the first and only time Matt has made me laugh

I read his first book years ago, thought it was alright but not as good as it was hyped up to be - I’ve suffered from mental illnesses for years but it didn’t really resonate with me. His Twitter can be kind of nice in the same way as platitudes can be. But I would never describe him as having a “feelgood brand”, he’s constantly serious and trying to be deep. It gives the impression that he’s uptight and can never have a laugh, which is depressing

• Heart

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Almost like the situation can change or new information can come to light about a person that was not previously available. For example Jimmy Saville was a "hero" for children's charities, but then it turned out he was a nonce so became a villain.

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Unsurprising. Haigh is extreme "nice guy" "not like other blokes" energy.
I think that’s what he’s aiming for, but to me he has glaringly obvious issues with women - lack of respect and understanding for starters.

Matt seems to try and deflect again with his whatever genetic condition and cholesterol and his wife’s bday. Honestly he needs a publicist and his phone taken away from him. If these turn out to be true its over for him…
It would have to be picked up by some big SM accounts? And actual message screenshots shared. Can imagine why women would be wary of sharing as he would know who had done it. If he gets away with this I will be so angry.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
ha! just noticed Jim Broadbent's in this film! clearly my take on the 1980s hansel+gretel featuring him was prophetic

• Haha