Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
'Paul, I really hate to point out the obvious, but that was the joke. Of course men aren’t forbidden to eat lychees. Or wear pink. I was responding to Piers Morgan’s ill-timed totally faux-outrage that he wants his heroes to be assassins but not ones that wear pink.

9:36 AM · Sep 30, 2021·Twitter for iPhone'

Ah it was a joke! Oh course!

• Sad
Reactions: 1

pommobear

VIP Member
I can’t stand MH but if Tetanyawrites has any receipts she should post them. Otherwise it’s just her inserting herself into the drama like she always does.

I wouldn’t say that about anyone else btw, but during the MN influencer threads, she came on and stirred the pot saying we’d called Hungermama’s kids ugly when we’d done no such thing. In fact, nobody had mentioned HM until TW did. She’s got form for this sort of shit.
Yeah, there are no receipts.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
What did he say about Britney?!
Britney shared an image on her Instagram of a quote of his but it didn't name him as the source. Matt then tweeted this and threw a hissy fit on Insta because she didn't credit him. She probably didn't realise such a basic quote could come from a man in his 40s. He also sent his followers to spam her insta asking her to credit him. He seems like a dick.

Mselvista

VIP Member
Music? Not a doing word like the others is it, Matt? Go back to writing class.

See yous later, just gonna music to improve my mental health.

Wah! The follow up tweet! "Words...still matters"!
What about grammar, does grammar still matters?

• Haha

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Also he can control Instagram. If anyone challenges his BS, he can delete their posts. He wasn’t able to do that on Twitter. I know Twitter is toxic, but he put himself and his crap out there for long enough seeking the glory, and now he’s decided he can’t take the heat, he’s retreated to Instagram where he can control the narrative. He’s a pathetic specimen.
And he did it right away. Comments are limited

openbook1

VIP Member
Notes on a Nervous Planet was okay but actually quite depressing...and I read The Midnight Library and thought the same thing

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Just checked out his Twitter for the first time in a while... Wow, he is so much doom and gloom right now. So much for being positive. I know times are hard but my goodness, I don't think he is doing well.

Pumpkins

I know kachoochoo, tongue in cheek comment!
If people like Helen Keller knew how much they would be requoted and tweeted would they have said as much!

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Has he jumped on the Sali Hughes bandwagon?

I have enjoyed his books and have followed him on Twitter, but recently unfollowed because I find him a bit pious. He has done a lot for mental health awareness but he is not my cup of tea.
That's exactly my thoughts too.

openbook1

VIP Member
I am reading his book Midnight Library and am enjoying it. It was gifted. Does he actually write his novels or use a ghostwriter though?
I read his book Notes on a Nervous Planet and found it depressing. Actually thought it did the opposite of what it was meant to 😂