Mamma Mia I Have A Dream

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's only 7 important casting decisions to make, and Sophie and Sky definitely aren't any of them. There's been some IMO dodgy castings in the past, I saw a really dodgy Sophie who just didn't work for me.

The Dynamos, the Dads and honestly, personally, Pepper are the key casting choices.

Pepper is important because you need the right Pepper for Does Your Mother Know, or it falls flat. A great Pepper elevates that song.
Yes completely agree about Pepper 🥰

Reactions: 2
One of the background dancers is Charlie Tatman, but don't think it's one I liked lol
---
Background dancers lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Giving it a go some of the singing isn't great and it's all a bit hammy am dram so far would of preferred a different presenter though not keen of zoe ball tbh

I did enjoy it tbf. Thought it was definitely a good decision to do it in Greece and not in a crappy studio.

I really enjoyed this but wasn’t massively impressed by any of the guys. I really liked Freya, Leah and Maddy.

Wasn’t overly wowed by any of them. And some of the Sophie’s would be an interesting choice considering Donna and the dads are currently all played by white actors and the storyline is literally about finding out about her dad 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel like Demonda is the 'plant' and the one they want to get the role as she is the experienced pro. She was excellent and vocally ahead of the others, but she didn't seem very Sophie like to me. She lacked the innocence and naivety Sophie needs.

Wasn’t overly wowed by any of them. And some of the Sophie’s would be an interesting choice considering Donna and the dads are currently all played by white actors and the storyline is literally about finding out about her dad 😅
I thought about the larger girl fitting into the cast - she has an amazing voice and would love to see her getting something good out of this. Jodie Prenger went on to have a great career in musical theatre but in roles that were suited to her.

The last time we saw Les Mis, Cosette was east Asian when she was young and Black when she grew up!!! It actually didn't effect the show!!! It was one of best productions of Les Mis I've seen.

I thought about the larger girl fitting into the cast - she has an amazing voice and would love to see her getting something good out of this. Jodie Prenger went on to have a great career in musical theatre but in roles that were suited to her.
There was a big hoo Haa when jodie won though wasn't there because lord toad and the judges wanted Jessie Buckley to win and the producer actually came out and said he considered jodie to be too "big" to play the role, im so glad she went on to success I've always liked jodie and think she's fab in corrie
I honestly think the slightly larger girl i think her name is leah? Will get knocked out soon because she doesn't fit the aesthetic of the role, she can have the best voice on the show but I don't think she will get through past the smaller girls which of course is ridiculous 🙄

Ive just started this. Oh my lord it’s so cringe 😭 I used to love Id Do Anything/Over the Rainbow etc but this feels weird and over the top. I also think the majority of the contestants are bang average. Apparently they auditioned thousands of people and these were the best ?? 🥴
---
God the girls are so much stronger than the boys. I honestly don’t really like any of the boys voices. None of them are particularly special. The girls are all good imo.

Last edited:
I think the girls only look good because of the boys being so poor. There's only maybe 3 or 4 of the girls that I think really have strong enough vocals

I don't know the song but she was very good. Not a surprise as she understudied Kim in Miss Saigon and is Jasmine in Aladdin.

The workshop was a bit of a shock, unless it was staged for drama so she could wow with her singing

I don't know the song but she was very good. Not a surprise as she understudied Kim in Miss Saigon and is Jasmine in Aladdin.

The workshop was a bit of a shock, unless it was staged for drama so she could wow with her singing
It’s from a star is born. It’s the finale song Lady Gaga sings
---
I love the Glee version of this. Amber Riley kills the final note!

Last edited:
nahhhhhh maddy didn’t deserve to go!!! I genuinely thought stevie might have gone!

Reactions: 4