Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Big fan of the show, less so the movie, so giving it a go. Its different but quite enjoying it

Also, one of the backing dancers is ridiculously hot 😆
There's definitely a few backing dancers I wouldn't let slip through my fingers, gimme gimme gimme, no need to wait until after midnight. 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6

a.pain

VIP Member
Zach’s disdain for Leah was stinkingly obvious and the judges noticed. He made such a weird comment along the lines of they weren’t there to partner up or something like he wanted to make it clear to her he didn’t fancy her! Like why say that because no one thinks this is a dating show, it’s acting. She tried her best to create chemistry with someone who knocked her confidence. You could see in her face at the end she thought she was going home.
That said, I don’t think she is right for the part, so she won’t win. And I say that as a larger woman myself. Just the way of the world 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 5

stardust21

VIP Member
My opinion on who went. I’m probably on my own:

Okay so I feel like I might be on my own here, but I actually think Maddy was the right call.

Her acting scene was terrible. Her voice was brilliant, however, I agree with what the judges said, there was no acting there. She just stood and sang it like she was on the X Factor. I personally do think she was the weakest.

However I think the person you all think should have gone will be the next to go.

I also think Leah (I’m terrible with names so I hope that’s right!) isn’t right for Sophie, I think her aura is too tomboy, but I think she would be excellent as one of the friends. She has real stage presence and a cracking voice. I hope she watches this back and her confidence grows because she’s ace.

Reactions: 5

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Wasn’t overly wowed by any of them. And some of the Sophie’s would be an interesting choice considering Donna and the dads are currently all played by white actors and the storyline is literally about finding out about her dad 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
nahhhhhh maddy didn’t deserve to go!!! I genuinely thought stevie might have gone!

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Minor is maybe being a bit harsh but they’re definitely not the main roles.
There's only 7 important casting decisions to make, and Sophie and Sky definitely aren't any of them. There's been some IMO dodgy castings in the past, I saw a really dodgy Sophie who just didn't work for me.

The Dynamos, the Dads and honestly, personally, Pepper are the key casting choices.

Pepper is important because you need the right Pepper for Does Your Mother Know, or it falls flat. A great Pepper elevates that song.

Mark81

VIP Member
Thr group number should have been 'lay all your love on me', it's Sophie and sky's song. It would have given a better idea

nohopefletcher

Chatty Member
I think the same! She’s got a fab voice but can’t act and lacks presence and star quality!
they were also never going to cast a fat person or a non-white person in the roles I remember during Covid the show got exposed for making the cast have spray tans every week so they could look more Mediterranean

Reactions: 3

Mark81

VIP Member
Tobias gave a winning performance, the judges are being too nice. Owen hit a bum note or two. But I do find Owen more likeable.

I think the producers have subliminally told the audience who they want to win with this group number

Mark81

VIP Member
Probably the strongest, but unsurprising as Desmonda is a professional having done miss saigon recently and just been cast as Jasmine in the Aladdin UK tour

• Wow

Mark81

VIP Member
I’m not sure why they’re doing a whole series to cast two very minor roles in the show tbh.

Pr and sales for the show. That's it really.

Plus the roles are relatively small so it's low risk for the producers compared to finding a Donna.

It would be nice to do one of these shows for an older role though.

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Didn't think any of the performances were that great tonight the winner takes it all bit was awful 😕
Didn't like the theatre venue tonight either I know it was because it was live but much preferred the corfu set episodes
I actually thought the other Sophie would win and if it was the judges choice I still think she would have the right sky won
Overall I liked the concept of the show and I hope they do another series with a different show maybe a less known one mamma mia over saturated now