MAFS Australia season 10 (E4 pace) #8 Mercury's rising but Harrison isn't- E4 Pace No Spoilers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the first time I’ve jumped on this thread and I’m really bothered by the internalised misogyny of Alyssa.
Are we forgetting that she was not the married person in this scenario? It’s just a reminder that we love burning women at the stake for everything. I personally really like her.
But anyway, can’t wait for the next episode! x
I’d take this on board if she was being torn apart for ‘just’ being the other woman (always think the excuse of ‘she/he wasn’t the married one’ is pathetic but that’s another story…) in her past, but she isn’t. It’s the hypocrisy of treating Claire like dirt on her shoe for doing far less than she herself did in the past. Alyssa’s issue certainly wasn’t just based on her concern for Jesse, she was raging at Claire on behalf of Janelle. Angry at the ‘other woman’ on behalf of ‘the wife’ over one drunken kiss after a ‘marriage’ of no previous connection, no strong feelings and a duration of a week(?), if you can’t see the hypocrisy there, I don’t know what to say.

She was acted like a classic mean girl towards Claire while they were all sat having drinks and then she was practically frothing at the mouth, screaming at Adam and Claire across the table. Even without her past, that was way OTT & very unpleasant behaviour, given the circumstances.

I get that you like her and to each their own. She has, I’m sure, some likeable qualities, but let’s take a step back with accusing everyone of internalised misogyny. Trust me, I’d be far more negative about the married man in her situation… but he’s not here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Ffs went on Instagram to search for something and saw a spoiler 😡.

Speaking of Alyssa she really reminds me of Ashley roberts and I can’t see anything else 😂

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

Speaking of Alyssa she really reminds of my Ashley roberts and I can’t see anything else 😂
Nooooo the worst!!!
Ahh you’ve nailed it. I knew she reminded me of some celebrity or other!

Reactions: 5

Speaking of Alyssa she really reminds of my Ashley roberts and I can’t see anything else 😂
I think she's the double of Janine in The Handmaids Tale (actress Madeline Brewer)...with both eyes obvs 👀

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
This is the first time I’ve jumped on this thread and I’m really bothered by the internalised misogyny of Alyssa.
Are we forgetting that she was not the married person in this scenario? It’s just a reminder that we love burning women at the stake for everything. I personally really like her.
But anyway, can’t wait for the next episode! x
absolutely, and when she read out her letter a few of us here spoke up to say that lots of us do make mistakes, admiring her for coming clean early in the ‘marriage’.
My concern with her didn’t start with the (hateful) way she treated Claire, but ironically I wonder if when she knew the public would hear the letter, did she expect to be scapegoated for the affair the way she did at the dinner party with claire? My concerns actually started with the inconsistent affection towards Duncan, a lot of pulling him in to then push him away, and dominance about what his opinion ‘should’ be with Adam and claire, without good reason.
I hope she’s settling in to it all and will come through it/prove me wrong, as they were my favourite couple at the start - but to me she has displayed some toxic signs to Duncan and also to others in situations with nothing to do with her.
---
I’d take this on board if she was being torn apart for ‘just’ being the other woman (always think the excuse of ‘she/he wasn’t the married one’ is pathetic but that’s another story…) in her past, but she isn’t. It’s the hypocrisy of treating Claire like dirt on her shoe for doing far less than she herself did in the past. Alyssa’s issue certainly wasn’t just based on her concern for Jesse, she was raging at Claire on behalf of Janelle. Angry at the ‘other woman’ on behalf of ‘the wife’ over one drunken kiss after a ‘marriage’ of no previous connection, no strong feelings and a duration of a week(?), if you can’t see the hypocrisy there, I don’t know what to say.

She was acted like a classic mean girl towards Claire while they were all sat having drinks and then she was practically frothing at the mouth, screaming at Adam and Claire across the table. Even without her past, that was way OTT & very unpleasant behaviour, given the circumstances.

I get that you like her and to each their own. She has, I’m sure, some likeable qualities, but let’s take a step back with accusing everyone of internalised misogyny. Trust me, I’d be far more negative about the married man in her situation… but he’s not here.
I didn’t see this before I replied but yes, same thought processes here entirely!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I still think her behaviour is her internal quest for redemption: "I was the other woman so to reprieve my self I will vilify this other women" I can't even say it looked like was in defence of Janelle because she didn't seem to even look at her for acknowledgement 🤷‍♀️
It's not like they've been friends for years either.
OR
The producers have told her to pop off so if/when they leak her past (Domenica's OF style) it'll have extra 😱😱😱

Reactions: 10
Alyssa knew the man she was sleeping with was married, Did she not think about the impact that her decision would affect her? I think it’s hypocritical behaviour. Yes she can be angry but it’s way OTT for me.
I think Dan and Cam are going to end up being dickheads too.
I love Rupert and Evelyn.

Reactions: 11
Alyssa knew the man she was sleeping with was married, Did she not think about the impact that her decision would affect her? I think it’s hypocritical behaviour. Yes she can be angry but it’s way OTT for me.
I think Dan and Cam are going to end up being dickheads too.
I love Rupert and Evelyn.
I like them too. Evelyn was portrayed as a bit of a diva to start with but I think she has a kindness and a patience with him. I have a little hope!

Reactions: 6
My own feelings about Claire are that her and Jessie were not in a good place at the time because he had been an absolute twit to her. Where she went wrong was then totally gaslighting Jessie and making out he was a controlling, jealous nutcase. I do think she is sincere in her apology though.

Adam is just a dirty dog who I wouldn't trust if he told me it was Sunday.

Reactions: 29

I agree, I actually stuck up for her when her husband had a go at her because I think everyone deserves a second chance and she didn't cheat on him. What pisses me off is her holier than though attitude and how vicious she's been in her condemnation of Claire.

Reactions: 11
How is it that Harrison has now become some sort of morality police?! He must be rubbing his hands together knowing that the focus isn’t on him

Reactions: 13
Forgot to pop on here after the last episode.

Melinda has really grown on me, she's a great judge of character.

Jesse has handled himself beautifully tonight and has had a real character arc. He's bang in with his assessment of Harrison.

Alyssa needs to take several seats. Projection, much?

Ollie would still get it, mullet and all.

Reactions: 20
How is it that Harrison has now become some sort of morality police?! He must be rubbing his hands together knowing that the focus isn’t on him
He’s all about a character redemption arc clearly 😂
I think it’s a very temporary situation based solely on the fact that last week Floppy managed to look less of a galloping fucknugget than Poundland Tiger. I think Floppy is a sociopath. He won’t be able to keep it up ( badum tish 😳 ) for much longer.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A bit bored of this series to be honest. It’s a mixture of an awful script and people who act like they’re 15. No wonder they are single. The whole kiss thing is dull, ffs just move on. One good thing is much less “vibing” although I think “bro” is now making me want to punch them harder in the face!
---
If the rest of the drama is anything to go by I reckon Dan forgot to wash a cup up and Sandy has had a melt down as it triggered her trust issues. Or some other type of bollocks
I understand what you're saying tbh, it's like a case of seen-it-all-before but the majority of the cast are so unlikeable it makes the piss taking a bit easier. This thread is always 100% more entertaining than the programme anyway.

Reactions: 9
I was going to go to the cinema tonight but thankfully it's cancelled.
I will be watching on the app with my headphones as selfish husband doesn't work on a Monday and I haven't been able to convince him to to do an extra shift.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.