MAFS Australia season 10 (E4 pace) #6 Thor the good of everyone, Shannon's trip to Mercury should be permanent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think we’re being fooled a bit by the edit? There were a few moments tonight where the conversation or tone seemed to suddenly jump from one thing to another? Like the bizarre stretches of silence from Shannon? Did he really just say nothing at all to those questions for so long? And if so why would John then just suddenly be like “right we need a decision?”
Same during Harrison’s questioning. And also like would the judges really not comment after he’d said he’d been able to “forgive” Brontë?
Similarly some moments during Josh & Melissa’s couch session showing the reaction of the other couples seemed mismatched - like when she was saying that bit about their recent sex being transactional - there were these random tears or strange facial expressions from the girls?! And it seemed to me that maybe those moments of the girls crying might actually have been from when Caitlin was crying herself but then used for that other scene? Also almost no words from Alessandra or the other female judge? 🤔

Reactions: 18
As much as I totally agree with the judges getting involved in holding Shannon accountable and allowing Caitlin and also Josh to leave; does it not seem like a massive contradiction to be letting Harrison away with his continuous abuse and manipulation of Brontë? Like it also didn’t make sense for Brontë to write stay either week. Harrison is just as disgusting in his behaviour and also told Brontë he didn’t find her attractive to blame her for floppygate. Then actually lied to the group and incriminated Dan in the getting the girls number scandal and noone said a peep. Hes the most dangerous guy there and he just seems to be getting away scott free 🤔 not sure why John wouldn’t be as harsh on him or the female experts maybe trying to help Brontë see her worth?!
I think the judges have a massive responsibility to know when the time is right to pull the plug. People who are obviously struggling need that escape route and it was obvious Josh and Caitlin were there.

You have to remember that a participant can leave at any time is they really want to, Bronte is just not there yet.

Reactions: 13
You have to remember that a participant can leave at any time is they really want to, Bronte is just not there yet.
Apparently, if you try to leave early, the production team waves the contract in your face and says no you can’t. Pretty sure I read that recently…
---
But yeah, in the cases of Josh and Caitlin, the situation is clearly leading to a breakdown in both cases. I would think that if someone’s well-being is at risk there will be a way for them to leave, as should be the case.

I felt sorry for Josh - whatever he does it’s not right as far as Melissa is concerned and he seems like a decent guy.

Poor Caitlin got a dud. She needed Shannon like a hole in the head. As soon as he sat there and said that he has been deliberately trying to hurt her, there is no way that the production team could justify keeping her there.

I’m reaching a point where I feel like this experiment doesn’t really work because the success rate of couples staying together from past seasons is very low when you compare the show to Love Island where actually the success rate is relatively good for long term couples.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I felt really bad for Josh and Caitlin. So many horrible, abusive people on it this time.
They'd have been better off if they were matched up!

duck off Shannon and Mel. Good riddance.

Plot twist if Claire has snogged Adam. And ew! He is horrid! Claire would be soiled forever!

Reactions: 10
As much as I totally agree with the judges getting involved in holding Shannon accountable and allowing Caitlin and also Josh to leave; does it not seem like a massive contradiction to be letting Harrison away with his continuous abuse and manipulation of Brontë? Like it also didn’t make sense for Brontë to write stay either week. Harrison is just as disgusting in his behaviour and also told Brontë he didn’t find her attractive to blame her for floppygate. Then actually lied to the group and incriminated Dan in the getting the girls number scandal and noone said a peep. Hes the most dangerous guy there and he just seems to be getting away scott free 🤔 not sure why John wouldn’t be as harsh on him or the female experts maybe trying to help Brontë see her worth?!
I think if Brontë had appeared as visibly distressed as Caitlin and Josh, and wanted to leave, John would have set her free too. As everyone here says Harrison and Brontë are playing the game at this point for fame and it’s expected rewards. They’re not remotely invested in each other. I hope the experts do offer more support and call out bad behaviour more often than we see. Those commitment ceromies go on for hours don’t they? So there must be a lot more we’d love to watch that gets cut. Especially the nice affirming stuff or how healthy relationships look. 💓

Reactions: 12
Poor Josh, made me well up, so glad all the guys rallied around him. But Mel was still obvious to what she'd done wrong. Just because Josh doesn't want to talk to everyone about his sex life doesn't make him boring or a prude, some people like to keep these things private.

I am guessing the show didn't air her controlling behaviour as it would have just been too much. There's already so much toxicity & gaslighting going on.
Sorry, newbie jumping in here! I’ve only just discovered this series and have binged it in a week to catch up. I noticed that Josh and Melissa were barely in the two episodes before the commitment ceremony, which I thought that was odd considering they’d been pretty prominent. I thought it all made sense after Josh spoke up, there must have been a lot they couldn’t use.
---
All I can see is Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog

D355BE64-6070-44EB-94E1-F455B6B87014.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
One thing that I struggle with when we finally get mafs Australia is that I know I can google it and get the answers and it takes everything in me to wait for the next episode 😂

• Haha
Wow wow wow wow wow! I was working yesterday. Got home at 10, quick shower and caught up on last nights. I echo what others have said. Not sure who I hate more. Glad Josh and Caitlin got to leave. I hope there’s some proper counselling for Josh after this. Caitlin too.

I went to look for Shannon's social media couldn't find anything but bloody came across some spoilers, raging 😤
I won't breathe a word!

Reactions: 5
I went to look for Shannon's social media couldn't find anything but bloody came across some spoilers, raging 😤
I won't breathe a word!
There's an insta account called shan_adams_44. Not entirely sure whether it's real or not but the other contestants seem to be following the account
---
And if it is him then it's no surprise that commenting is turned off:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
how do you do a spoiler thing on here....Im not going to post an actual spoiler but I need to post something

Reactions: 2
Poor Josh. She was an absolute horror.
It was driving me mad who his voice reminded me of until it hit me - the dad from Bluey. They are voice twins 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else think we’re being fooled a bit by the edit? There were a few moments tonight where the conversation or tone seemed to suddenly jump from one thing to another? Like the bizarre stretches of silence from Shannon? Did he really just say nothing at all to those questions for so long? And if so why would John then just suddenly be like “right we need a decision?”
Same during Harrison’s questioning. And also like would the judges really not comment after he’d said he’d been able to “forgive” Brontë?
Similarly some moments during Josh & Melissa’s couch session showing the reaction of the other couples seemed mismatched - like when she was saying that bit about their recent sex being transactional - there were these random tears or strange facial expressions from the girls?! And it seemed to me that maybe those moments of the girls crying might actually have been from when Caitlin was crying herself but then used for that other scene? Also almost no words from Alessandra or the other female judge? 🤔
100% and after watching every season I think this has been the one I noticed it the most. Random jumps, clear sentences that have been cut and edited together, really disappointing to be honest. I knew of course that it's not all real, but the manufacturing of whole sentences and conversations seems so obvious I am not enjoying it as much this year...
---
But also... I did a bad thing 🙈 I wanted to watch one episode ahead but got caught up in the drama and now I'm fully caught up with the Australian timeline so I have nothing to look forward to except the reunion 🫣😂
no spoilers don't worry!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
All caught up from last night. My respect for Brontë has plummeted if she can seriously sit there and stand harrions bullshit. He’s awful!! Glad Josh is free 🥰 although sad I won’t see ‘halllllauuuuunjah’ in a recap again. Also so pleased for Caitlin that she walked away from the walking ballsack. Bloody love John and how supportive he was!!!

can’t be bothered With newbies.

Reactions: 11
so, Im just going to put this out there- I really fancy Josh and I am starting to fancy Jesse....

So,..I know we arent allowed to saying things like you are in for a shocker or it's amazing or anything but I do need to say- get some extra snacks for the next few episodes cos you all deserve them!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.