Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone needs to tell these influencers that minimalism doesn't mean doing a big clear out every year of the tat they've acquired! That's literally just the standard cycle of overconsumption

I also don't see what's so bad about Alex still having clothes he had when they met 11 years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Did I read here that this is a sponsored video? There’s nothing to indicate as such in the thumbnail or title. If so she’s utterly shameless 😡

841D0352-3AD3-4A97-BE10-3E0758964133.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Did I read here that this is a sponsored video? There’s nothing to indicate as such in the thumbnail or title. If so she’s utterly shameless 😡

View attachment 1068889
She never marks her videos as ADs. It was the reason I unfollowed her. It's entirely deceptive.

I said months ago before she moved into that house that looks like a bigger version of her other house, I'd probably have watched them even if they were ads but not marking them as so is just deceitful.

I haven't watched a single one of her videos since. She was the one influencer I felt entirely let down by so I won't give her views on any platform.

Reactions: 10
She never marks her videos as ADs. It was the reason I unfollowed her. It's entirely deceptive.

I said months ago before she moved into that house that looks like a bigger version of her other house, I'd probably have watched them even if they were ads but not marking them as so is just deceitful.

I haven't watched a single one of her videos since. She was the one influencer I felt entirely let down by so I won't give her views on any platform.
Agree @Cosmo, I didn’t want to click to find out. (I know you have 30 seconds before it counts as a view, but still). It’s ridiculous that this is her confirmed modus operandi. Happens too often to be a mistake or misunderstanding. It’s so shady. Let your audience decide if they are happy to consume ads, it’s disgusting to trick people into it. The ASA is super clear.

Reactions: 8

Couldn't agree more. A YouTuber (one of the few who I actually like) said most people on the influencer scene are totally fake and the opposite of who they pretend to be. Most of the people I liked on YT over the past 5 years have revealed themselves as being pretty scummy people. But Maddie tops it for me by revealing her true colours in spectacular fashion.

I just believed in her, felt she was likeable and relatable somehow. Thought she was stunning as well. Then I realised it was all a complete act, totally not partially like most of them.

This picture is what I always think of whenever she happens to pop up on my timeline now or as a suggested YouTube video. Hopefully the screenshot works as I've never done it before!

Attachments

• Heart
The absolute state of that room!!! I'm shocked. the fact that she couldn't even remmeber some of the clothes she had! I know she's been renovating her house and would say she didn't have enough time to keep things organised..... but she managed to find time to shop for loads of new clothes!!! most of which she didn't like.

I do think it's bad that that company refused to accept returns/exchanges for pr products. that's not sustainable at all. although having said that, I think it's bizarre that maddie is OK with accepting wool clothing when she's vegan. the whole ~recycled wool~ thing is greenwashing and regardless I don't think it's ethical for vegans to be promoting wool, something they're moreally against.

her reason for not rolling her clothes because she "doesn't have a flat surfaced" is weird. like what?? she's got a dining/kitchen table? what about the bed? even the floor! roll the bleeping clothes up maddie, stop being lazy.

what the duck was she talking about when she said "the real world maddie wouldn't own these"? there's not two versions of her. if she's ~authentic~ then the "real world maddie" is who she is online and offline. if she woiuldn't own multiple pairs of the same shoes then why does she keep them?? she doesn't have to keep (or even accept!!!) all the pr gifts she's sent. she can say no, it;s not that difficult.

Reactions: 9
The recycled wool thing is very dubious to me too. If it's closed loop, then there will be resources required to turn it back to yarn again, so it would likely be less environmentally friendly than buying a second hand item, then you consider what to do with that product when it's at the end of it's life, or if it's even saleable.
If it's open loop then generally you're turning the product into something different like insulation or mattress padding, then you have to question the end of life of THAT product as well as the resources required to change it to a new product.

If it's been re-engineered into a new product, like a jumper into a bag, then we need to consider if the new item is saleable if the old one wasn't. Ideally you would only manufacture on request, but very few places seem to operate like that any more, at least ones that are affordable.

I appreciate that microplastics are a huge issue, but so are the resources required to rear a sheep and repeatedly shear it (not to mention the risk of harm to the animal). I'd still rather buy a second hand synthetic item over a recycled wool product any day. We really need filters in washing machines fitted as standard.

Reactions: 6
If I didn't know that was their living room I'd think a pair of OAPs lived at that house. I get that they want it to be in keeping with the style of the property but still...just looks really old fashioned.

Reactions: 3
If I didn't know that was their living room I'd think a pair of OAPs lived at that house. I get that they want it to be in keeping with the style of the property but still...just looks really old fashioned.
I agree, most people would have an injection of something modern and fun to reflect their personality and interests while in keeping with the traditional feel. It just looks like a staged catalogue home. Her comment about the radiator being something that would have been there originally was hilarious :ROFLMAO: She's so wasteful, if there's nothing wrong with the rest of the radiators, don't replace the radiators! More money than sense, this one.

Reactions: 10
It looks like she is trying really hard to portray a certain persona, lifestyle and taste. Nothing in there has any individuality or personality. Like you don’t need to love or have floral curtains just because you live in an old cottage/farmhouse.

Reactions: 9
I agree, most people would have an injection of something modern and fun to reflect their personality and interests while in keeping with the traditional feel. It just looks like a staged catalogue home. Her comment about the radiator being something that would have been there originally was hilarious :ROFLMAO: She's so wasteful, if there's nothing wrong with the rest of the radiators, don't replace the radiators! More money than sense, this one.
Totally agree.
We live in a 1930s house. I'd love period feature radiators but I'll wait until the system needs replaced. I changed our bed today with a pair of pillowcases my mum made for my bedroom...in 1985. Now talk to me about sustainability Maddie 🤭

I'm not watching 40 minutes of reused vlog footage and banging on about mouse sanders. The living room looks like they've decorated it in the way that they think they *should* rather than considering what they want/ would look nice. In terms of style it looks much better in the before photos, nice and light and airy. The picture on that TV is so dreary and depressing and there are no personal photos anywhere either.

If they want their living room to look like an upper class 80 year old lives there then that's cool and they've achieved that vibe. If they love it then that's genuinely what matters but it's world's apart from their old cottage living room.

Reactions: 13
It looks like she is trying really hard to portray a certain persona, lifestyle and taste. Nothing in there has any individuality or personality. Like you don’t need to love or have floral curtains just because you live in an old cottage/farmhouse.
Alex is so whipped, I bet he has zero input. My boyfriend would refuse to have that living room.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not watching 40 minutes of reused vlog footage and banging on about mouse sanders. The living room looks like they've decorated it in the way that they think they *should* rather than considering what they want/ would look nice. In terms of style it looks much better in the before photos, nice and light and airy. The picture on that TV is so dreary and depressing and there are no personal photos anywhere either.

If they want their living room to look like an upper class 80 year old lives there then that's cool and they've achieved that vibe. If they love it then that's genuinely what matters but it's world's apart from their old cottage living room.
40 bloody minutes of a vlog, so self indulgent. Editing means cut the crap, Maddie.

Reactions: 4
Years ago my great-aunt was in a very posh private nursing home in an old manor-style house. Madeleine's lounge reminds me of the sitting room we used to visit my great-auntie in. The only thing missing is the smell of pee. It's not #georgian #country # house #style - it's #posh #nursing-home chic. There's literally nothing in that room that expresses any facet of a personality. Alex is probably banned from having anything personal in there (that's why she's building him the bat-cave), and Madeleine doesn't really seem to have a personality other than being a whiny neurotic hypochondriac.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hope she reads these comments because what an annoying self obsessed contradictory whining charlatan she is.
Plus, clean your piggin nails!

Reactions: 3
It’s the art and tv that really dates it. Agree it needed some modern touches injected. She always misses the mark in her pursuit to portray this perfect Instagram and curated life.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.