Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
surely this is such a bad move in terms of engagement too? any influencer who posted their valentine's day content early would have got all the clicks all week long. who's watching valentine's day videos the day/week after they've been posted? no one!
Exactly. If someone posts a video the day before or ON the day sorry but I'm not going to watch unless it's a what I did on V Day vlog or something.

Reactions: 4
She’s complaining about a hard day as a recipe creator, then the dish she’s made looks like what I end up with when I cook the veg from the fridge that’s about to go off
3ABEDCF5-7431-4EA1-8CDF-C5278BE0E9F7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So I haven't watched her content for over a month, but gave the Valentine's video a go. Why does she not tie back her serum coated hair?! In fact she drags it forward to ensure full-on hair dropping coverage on everything she prepares 🤢

After having a break from her videos, I must say I am taken aback by her change in appearance. I know the pregnancy thing has been speculated for like the past 2 years- But she really does look larger than usual and her boobs have like doubled in size! 😅

Reactions: 6
Maddie has just done a full shop at a farm shop, I'd be really interested to see a) how much a week's shopping costs there and b) her doing a week's worth of meals from that shopping trip. Where I live, there are no farm shops and I relate them to being more of a place where you buy expensive meat items so it'd be interesting to see a vegan menu from one

Reactions: 7
Maddie has just done a full shop at a farm shop, I'd be really interested to see a) how much a week's shopping costs there and b) her doing a week's worth of meals from that shopping trip. Where I live, there are no farm shops and I relate them to being more of a place where you buy expensive meat items so it'd be interesting to see a vegan menu from one
the only farm shops I've ever been to have been ridiculously expensive!!!

Reactions: 3
I am not familiar with the concept, what are farm shops? Is this where people sell their farm goods? Like farmers selling their produce, meats, cheeses, milk, fruit etc.? Or are there also some home-made goods like jams, soups...?

the only farm shops I've ever been to have been ridiculously expensive!!!
Same here, which is why she'd never do it and probably why I'm more curious.

I am not familiar with the concept, what are farm shops? Is this where people sell their farm goods? Like farmers selling their produce, meats, cheeses, milk, fruit etc.? Or are there also some home-made goods like jams, soups...?
Yes, usually on a farm with produce from the farm but also items produced locally and also cottage industry produce like jams and chutneys. Lovely places but ridiculously expensive, I actually wouldn't like to think what a full weekly shop would cost in one. The last one I went to, I bought a jam, a lemon curd and a local honey and it came to over £15

Same here, which is why she'd never do it and probably why I'm more curious.

Yes, usually on a farm with produce from the farm but also items produced locally and also cottage industry produce like jams and chutneys. Lovely places but ridiculously expensive, I actually wouldn't like to think what a full weekly shop would cost in one. The last one I went to, I bought a jam, a lemon curd and a local honey and it came to over £15
Well seeing as she was prancing around in a dress in the middle of Feb in her last video, I'm guessing heating/ food prices don't affect her in the way they do for us mere mortals 😒

Reactions: 6
Well seeing as she was prancing around in a dress in the middle of Feb in her last video, I'm guessing heating/ food prices don't affect her in the way they do for us mere mortals 😒
She will have had the aga on, the wood burner and the heating on, the price hikes will definitely not be bothering her

Reactions: 4
For me it's usually shop attached to a tourist attraction like Chatsworth house, where most people buy a token souvenir like a block of cheese or something to remember their day by or treat themselves, not do a weekly shop!

The NHS professionals sponsorship in a wardrobe decluttering video is the weirdest bleeping thing. SO out of place. She doesn’t even sound convinced herself as she’s delivering the ad. WTF.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
The NHS professionals sponsorship in a wardrobe decluttering video is the weirdest bleeping thing. SO out of place. She doesn’t even sound convinced herself as she’s delivering the ad. WTF.
How can she do an ad for NHS P?!

Has Maddie actually done a day's work in her time? Let alone for an under funded under staffed NHS. She'll happily take some money though.

She's pushing the NHS thing on her insta too. I don't understand, her online presence has absolutely nothing to do with the NHS and she's never even worked in the caring/ medical profession.
It makes me very angry how much tax payers money she must have been given to do this. Next time you can't get a GPs appointment, don't worry, your taxes have paid for Maddie's new aga restoration.

I'm in a state of disbelief about the declutter. She's spent the past year filling that house with a multitude of purchases and gifted items, then plugs her book in that video!!

Reactions: 5
I just have no interest in watching an hour of her sifting through her entire wardrobe, plenty of which was gifted.

I just have no interest in watching an hour of her sifting through her entire wardrobe, plenty of which was gifted.
Nor me. I skipped it all but got the gist. As for NHS professionals sponsorship...words fail me.

Yes decluttering videos are fun when people are just starting because it's like "this is from when I was 15" "this was a hand me down from my aunt" and they have like a relationship and history with the items which is interesting, or at least are from a variety of places. But it's not interesting to just hear "this was gifted, this was gifted" over and over and over

Thanks, saves me bothering watching!
I get the feeling she's only decluttering so she has an excuse to go out and buy a load of new stuff. (Plus plug her book, which is so unaligned with her current behaviour it laughable!)
As said above, decluttering videos are fun when the person is learning about what they actual use/need and are changing their attitude to consumption. But when it's just done as a buying/ consuming/ throwing out cycle it's pointless.

Didn't watch the declutter video but I hope she got rid of all the oversized shapeless potato sack dresses

• Haha
"I'm so grateful that the poor people have the NHS. Fortunately I can pay for private therapy and mental health support whenever I need it and don't have to go on some stupid waiting list. Plus it's just so much better quality"

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.