Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she is that fussy then she needs to get a sewing machine and learn how to pleat them herself. She has the time to learn.
Oh come on, she's busy picking lick 324 or lick 26! what time?! she's so busy she has to eat the MCD meals she doesn't like because her parents were feeding her too well as a child! 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If she is that fussy then she needs to get a sewing machine and learn how to pleat them herself. She has the time to learn.
I was thinking the same. If she's looking for some sitting unusual pleat she's probably best off doing it herself.

The cushion is a bit more of a project though, since it has that piping you'll have to rip the whole seam to tighten it up.

I do understand her frustration though, when you pay people to do something for you, especially custom, you want it to be right.

Reactions: 1
I'd be annoyed about the cupboards too - but at this point I'd probably just hang the curtains and be done with them. If they've already been sent back to the seamstress and are still not right then it sounds to me like there's been miscommunication somewhere along the way. Then again, maybe she got a dud seamstress, since there's also a problem with the window seat. Maybe not, though, since somebody who works as a seamstress left a comment on her latest video telling her the window seat cushion is too big - and that's what's causing the problem.

Reactions: 2
She probably didn't show us the curtain because you can't even see the difference

Reactions: 3
I used to work somewhere that sold curtain fabric, if someone made a pair of curtains out of fabric they had purchased and then tried to bring it back to us to get it fixed I'd have laughed in their face.

Reactions: 2
She's like the worst kind of client that thinks she knows how to do an actual professional's job and acts like she knows more about their field of work than they do.

Reactions: 6
I was thinking the same. If she's looking for some sitting unusual pleat she's probably best off doing it herself.

The cushion is a bit more of a project though, since it has that piping you'll have to rip the whole seam to tighten it up.

I do understand her frustration though, when you pay people to do something for you, especially custom, you want it to be right.
The curtains she said was miscommunications. We are only getting one side of the story, and who knows what Maddie asked for. She is so all over the place, not surprised the pleats she wanted wasn't looking the way she thought and changed it and that wasn't looking the way she wanted either. The cover on the seating is probably loose because the foam seating has probably flattened. Funny how it's just a problem now and not before. Slating another trades person. She seems to do that a lot

In her newest video she says she's noticed a real obsession over the last few years with things being super clean and germ free and antibacterial, even though some germs are good. Doesn't even consider Covid has probably been a factor in this. Y'know, that little old pandemic we've all been living through?

It's nice to see her doing a sustainable cleaning video though, her original ones inspired me to start making my own cleaning products years ago.

Reactions: 8
It's not really sustainable cleaning though. Everything she buys is in plastic packaging and she buys more bottles to decant the products into. I follow Nancy Birtwhistle on insta and she really does do sustainable cleaning. I also bought her book Clean and Green and it's fantastic. Full of really good advice

In her newest video she says she's noticed a real obsession over the last few years with things being super clean and germ free and antibacterial, even though some germs are good. Doesn't even consider Covid has probably been a factor in this. Y'know, that little old pandemic we've all been living through?

It's nice to see her doing a sustainable cleaning video though, her original ones inspired me to start making my own cleaning products years ago.
As if being anti bacterial makes any difference in this pandemic. Just like all these brands jumping on the cleaning supplies band wagon with anti bacterial wipes and stuff. Yes I'm sure having no bact. around will protect you against a VIRUS.

On a side note, i understand her though. I had mad cleaning obsession years prior to the pandemic as a coping mechanism (OCD). I finally got it under control a little bit and managed to relax in it a bit and let it go and then the pandemic hit 😬 Now 2 years later I have finally managed to get it back under control a bit again since a few months (w/ help from my therapist).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You're telling me this isn't literally the same sofa?

I guess the point was to get a smaller one to fit the room but now it's too small for poor Alex 😂

Personally I would have kept the deep sofa because I care about comfort (but I'm not posting my home on Instagram I guess)

I think she said in one of her 97 hour long videos that they wanted the same style sofa but narrower. I wonder if it's more sustainable if they are identical?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The seats are larger, but that's it. Really didn't need a new one did they

Reactions: 4
I've just seen that she uploaded a valentines 3 course meal video last night. Why would that be helpful for anyone if she uploads it right at the end of Valentines weekend/ a few hours before Valentines day!? It's far too late notice for someone to watch and take inspiration from, even if they watched it the minute it was uploaded.

I've only seen the bits that YouTube auto-played but of course she hasn't tied her hair up and has a cardigan draping all over the place, wearing a nice dress to melt chocolate and cook in, chopping board sliding around all over the place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I've just seen that she uploaded a valentines 3 course meal video last night. Why would that be helpful for anyone if she uploads it right at the end of Valentines weekend/ a few hours before Valentines day!? It's far too late notice for someone to watch and take inspiration from, even if they watched it the minute it was uploaded.

I've only seen the bits that YouTube auto-played but of course she hasn't tied her hair up and has a cardigan draping all over the place, wearing a nice dress to melt chocolate and cook in, chopping board sliding around all over the place.
Amazing point you are making. Another different youtuber I watch did this, too. But then on saturday evening. WHY? It's too late. Just do it a week before V Day so that people have enough time to shop for the items. Sometimes there are really good ideas or meals but it's too late. These youtubers live in such a bubble they think everybody always has time to go shopping. Sorry but most of us have to work all the damn time. And we don't have our pantry full with gifted food either. It annoys me so much.

The hair and clothes annoy me, too. Especially the hair.

Reactions: 9
Amazing point you are making. Another different youtuber I watch did this, too. But then on saturday evening. WHY? It's too late. Just do it a week before V Day so that people have enough time to shop for the items. Sometimes there are really good ideas or meals but it's too late. These youtubers live in such a bubble they think everybody always has time to go shopping. Sorry but most of us have to work all the damn time. And we don't have our pantry full with gifted food either. It annoys me so much.

The hair and clothes annoy me, too. Especially the hair.
surely this is such a bad move in terms of engagement too? any influencer who posted their valentine's day content early would have got all the clicks all week long. who's watching valentine's day videos the day/week after they've been posted? no one!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Maddie was definitely trying to give off Nigella vibes. She did say that the food she cooked for the meal was made with everyday food items that are always in the cupboard, but that's just her being unrelatable, most people don't have endlessly stocked cupboards

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.