Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That dress she’s wearing in today’s video makes her look enoooooormous! 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I've just been watching an old episode of Keeping Up Appearances on BBC four.

Seriously Maddie and Alex ARE Hyacinth and Richard!!

She's a reaching class snob in floaty floral dresses who lives to impress the neighbors and he's the beaten down husband just wanting an easy life! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Slightly off topic but does anyone have good, verified resources on the palm oil crisis and these supposedly "sustainable" variants? As a vegan I've been avoiding palm oil for the obvious reasons, and Maddie's video yesterday threw me off for a hot minute there (I think it's how she presents her views as objective fact in a pretty condescending way...) Either way, need to educate myself more on this and some of you tattlers on here seem to have solid knowledge about it!
This is such a huge part of influsplaining that I absolutely cannot bear, even with the reno she positions herself as an expert on stuff she clearly knows nothing about and does it in a hugely condescending way. It’s actually embarrassing and also ridiculous we live in a society that gives credit and careers to these people.

Reactions: 12
That dress she’s wearing in today’s video makes her look enoooooormous! 😳
I thought that, and then the baggy tee. I know we’re harsh about her on here sometimes but seeing her in this video made me think she must be going through something and I felt for her… until the undisclosed ad started.

Reactions: 4
Just looking on the ASA website about declaring ads.. Surely this means YouTube videos should have AD in the title? So as the viewer, I would be aware there is an ad in the video before I have to watch it?

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Just looking on the ASA website about declaring ads.. Surely this means YouTube videos should have AD in the title? So as the viewer, I would be aware there is an ad in the video before I have to watch it?
I've reported another YTber to them before but you could quite easily turn it into a full time job. Very few of the UK youtubers disclose properly every time.

Reactions: 8
I've reported another YTber to them before but you could quite easily turn it into a full time job. Very few of the UK youtubers disclose properly every time.
They need to start dealing out hefty fines. Or better yet, ban ads from social media 😂 - could you imagine the chaos it would cause?!

It just seems like she's trying to be deliberately sneaky.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That's my understanding too. If the video itself is sponsored/ AD rather than just a small segment then I think it needs disclosing in the title or thumbnail and I'll report them if I have the time.

I see a lot of influencers put it at the end of the video title now and if it’s a long title, you don’t see it. Sneaky!

Reactions: 6
I’m giving myself until my husband finishes the dishes and we have dessert to watch her new video. If she doesn’t get to thr bleeping point by then, I’m out.

ok. I’m 13 seconds in. What’s with the funeral music?

51 seconds in — it’s SO DARK. And I can’t wait for her to bang her head on those pots Abe the arga / aga, whatever unsustainable stove that is.

i made it to 7:20 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
She has SO few comments on her latest videos.

Lack of engagement, aggressive comment-removal, or are they only posting approved comments now?

Reactions: 5
I used to love keeping up appearances! I'd love to go to a candle light supper too!

I actually think the kitchen looks nice in the new video. I only watched a few minutes of it though. It's too long and we've seen it all before.
I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for her. She seems a bit lost. She's swamped by her clothes recently. I hope it's not related to her eating disorder or her self esteem.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I used to love helping up appearances! I'd love to go to a candle light supper too!

I actually think the kitchen looks nice in the new video. I only watched a few minutes of it though. It's too long and we've seen it all before.
I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for her. She seems a bit lost. She's swamped by her clothes recently. I hope it's not related to her eating disorder or her self esteem.
Yeah the amount of times she says 'this makes me so happy' in reference to things like the wine rack. All feels a bit forced and sad ☹

I'm still cringing at the microwave in the cupboard, it now has a coffee machine wedged up against it too. It's such a fire hazard to cover the grills, it will either melt or blow up.

All in all, the kitchen is fine. No more no less. Does it look like it's had (estimate) 20-25k spent on it? No.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if Maddie will be hosting any candle light suppers in her English countryside kitchen? 😂
Genuinely spat my tea out.. if you actually watch the video Hyacinth goes on with some glorious guff about living in the c9untryside and I thought all she needs is to don a massive marquee. If Maddie ever uses the term i want this place to be a haven of relaxation, I will lose my shizz

PS that kitchen is so dark you would need so many candles the fire brigade would be round to have a word about blaze hazards

• Haha
Just realising after watching her kitchen tour how impractically everything is laid out. You have to walk so far from the fridge to put anything in the microwave? And the separate fridge/freezer would annoy me too.

Reactions: 3
Is it me, or do those quartz countertops really not go? I would have gone with butcher block personally. It looks like there's too much mortar above the fireplace.

You aren't meant to put a standalone microwave in a cupboard!

Minimalism has gone out the window. She'll turn into a hybrid of Hyacinth Bucket and Aga Saga woman in no time.

Also, I'm starting to consider whether she's hiding a pregnancy with these dresses. All the best to her if that's the case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.