Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was a lovely kitchen before and it's still a lovely kitchen now but it does look very dark. The cupboards have made the dining area look small.

Reactions: 8
The fireplace? She had it rerendered, was unhappy with it, and had more mortar added to it. It looks like tit. But that's what she wanted.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I wish I came on tattle before clicking on her makeover video. It wasn’t interesting watching her sand the beams the first time and it wasn’t the second time. Such a long and boring video, surely most viewers are subscribed and wouldn’t want to watch it all over again. The actual makeover was a few cutaways of key areas.
I do like the side of the kitchen with the counters and island but the other side with the cupboards and fireplace is a hot mess.

Reactions: 10
She's made so many videos about that kitchen, each as repetitive as the last. I've not watched the newest one and I've not seen the full 'after' because I've lost interest. If they did shorter more concise videos about each stage and then a before & after at the end then that would probably have worked. As it stands there are at least 5 videos about the kitchen and they're 30-40 minutes long, some are combined with weekly vlogs as well. It's a mess.

I'm not watching the 44 minute video justifying why they've spent a fortune on a load of new stuff and talking about that flipping mouse sander again. Also agree, that rendering is a mess. Anyone buying the house in future is going to wonder what on earth happened and probably remove those cupboards to let some light in.

I feel like the Kitchen video isn't really made for her usual audience; rather it's made for people searching for home renovation content. As everyone has said, it is super repetitive and most of the clips have been seen before. I think it would have been a lot better for both audiences (new and old) if she sped the renovation section up and included the organisational set-up, then did a walk around tour. I can understand a 45 minute video if it included all that, but 45 minutes of everything that's been seen before is just disappointing.

Reactions: 7
The fireplace? She had it rerendered, was unhappy with it, and had more mortar added to it. It looks like tit. But that's what she wanted.
It looks like a child with a glue gun has gone wild and just sloppily filled in gaps not knowing that they're not supposed to be filled.

She's such a WAG in Tory clothing

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think I will never understand the choice of renovating a perfectly functional kitchen before a potentially dangerous bathroom! Didn't she say it basically had a hole in the shower? The kitchen looks straight out of a home design magazine, but it has lost a lot of character IMHO. Whatever rocks their boat I suppose! The extra storage makes it darker and crammed. Again, nothing about this kitchen renovation lines up with sustainability. The aga is bad, the countertops are new, the tap is ludicrous, etc. etc.

Reactions: 13
Skipped through that rehash of all the previous kitchen renos only to find out at the end there's a kitchen tour to come. What??? 🤯

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I started watching and realised it was a mash up of other videos. I see the need for the extra storage with cottages but it does block some light out with those cupboards jutting out other side of the window.

When we renovated our old house we had a similar problem with light and storage/space. In the end we built an extension and have a bright modern kitchen, and kept the old kitchen as a reading room with woodburner, chairs etc. It was 3 years of stress and chaos but it was worth it. I feel like Maddie's house is crying out for an extension. I would have done that first, especially as it isn't listed (unlike mine - never again!) But it means we were able to keep the integrity of the old part of the house, without ramming it full of stuff.

It seems to be that the back of her house is where all the money shots are - the front doesn't look as nice from what I little I can see in her videos. So putting an extension on would change the look of the back of the house a lot, which is maybe why she didn't? I just think eventually they will need an extension if they have kids, speaking from experience of living in a very old house with limited space and a growing family.

Reactions: 5
She’s named her new video “Sustainable what I eat in a day” and the first things she’s making is porridge with a tropical fruit in it 😂
If I was making a video about sustainable food, the first thing that would come to mind is local produce but maybe I have no idea

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She’s named her new video “Sustainable what I eat in a day” and the first things she’s making is porridge with a tropical fruit in it 😂
If I was making a video about sustainable food, the first thing that would come to mind is local produce but maybe I have no idea
Me: Why is she scanning her breakfast..... oh, it's another AD!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Vlogmas meant to start from 1st December?

Reactions: 4
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Vlogmas meant to start from 1st December?
She wants a decent amount of time off for Christmas! Unlike us meer mortals most of us will be working till Christmas Eve then maybe only a few days off if we’re lucky!

Reactions: 6
Wait, am I meant to scan my food to check the palm oil, then use another app to check the sustainability?! Geez if someone I knew was seriously doing this I'd be telling them to chill the hell out!

The lunch thing looked nice, but how sustainable is it to put the oven on for an hour just to cook your lunch?

• Haha
Wait, am I meant to scan my food to check the palm oil, then use another app to check the sustainability?! Geez if someone I knew was seriously doing this I'd be telling them to chill the hell out!

The lunch thing looked nice, but how sustainable is it to put the oven on for an hour just to cook your lunch?
I think the oven is the appliance that is the most inefficient for one person. I find it quite telling that she even has the time in her day to do that. I certainly wouldn't put cinnamon on it 🤢

What is the point of a sustainability video if the overall message is 'just half arse it'. So much of the packaging she's using isn't even recyclable. I have no issue with anyone buying packaged vegan food- no one expects perfection, but no effort was made here at all. So much imported food, too.

Also, that sack dress swamps her.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.