Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Massive distraction nothing more, the parents in my eyes are the guilty party no doubt this bloke will be charged won’t change my view

Reactions: 4
Whatever did happen to her the fact that she has never been found, dead or alive is baffling

Reactions: 5
Wasn’t ‘Calpol Night’ a thing up until 2010 or so? Had something in it to help kids sleep. Came out in ‘07 the year Maddie went missing. Could be where the calpol rumours come from.

Just found this from an article.
That’s how I felt too after watching the Netflix documentary. Also, the fact that the McCanns themselves weren’t personally involved in the making of it and actually stated that it would hinder the investigation, speaks volumes. They were worried about it despite the fact that it cast them in a more positive light than we’ve ever seen. I felt the documentary showed more from their perspective and other things the media never mentioned. I didn’t believe they’d had anything to do with it in the first place but watching that certainly cemented that opinion.

I was sure people used to say they gave their children calpol to help them sleep, I might well have heard it from my own mother. I didn’t know whether it actually worked as a sedative and I don’t think K&G used calpol, most likely something else since they would have had proper knowledge from their jobs. I just used the calpol as a reference that people did give their kids something so wouldn’t put it past them

Reactions: 2
I know kids clubs are there to stop the boredom setting in and to allow parents some time to themselves , I get that. Same with babysitters. Not for me personally but the service is available and that’s perfectly acceptable. But all day in kids club and home alone at night is a whole new level. It’s just so sad.
I don't have an issue with kids clubs I loved them as a kid and as an only child it was a great way of making friends. In her book kate said the pool was freezing cause it was april so the club kept the kids entertained. Fair enough. However they'd drop the kids off at the club around 8.30-9 and then pick the kids up from the club at around 4.30 have food at 5-5.30 and then bath the kids put them to bed and go and eat themselves which quite frankly baffled me. They weren't even having family meals!! What's the point of taking your kids away with you if you've actually only spend about 3 hours a day with them???

Reactions: 22
One of the lines of enquiry was that a man (said to be gerry) was seen carrying a sleeping child down towards the sea and may have disposed of her body in the sea. I've never been able to get my head around this one. Bodies usually surface, if you look at people who have jumped off bridges or fell off boats or drowned at sea, they usually surface or wash up on a beach. No such thing has ever happened. Gerry couldn't have just left her in the waves at the local beach and quickly returned to dinner because she would have been washed back up onto the beach, he didn't have a boat to take her out further. I just can't see how the parents could have physically 'got rid of all trace' in the time they had
I thought that guy was confirmed to be a random other guy on holiday and was carrying his own kid back to the hotel because he had taken his kid out with them when they went out.

Reactions: 7
I was sure people used to say they gave their children calpol to help them sleep, I might well have heard it from my own mother. I didn’t know whether it actually worked as a sedative and I don’t think K&G used calpol, most likely something else since they would have had proper knowledge from their jobs. I just used the calpol as a reference that people did give their kids something so wouldn’t put it past them
My gran was a pharmacist. They had to ban calpol in certain areas. Parents used to sedate their kids with it so they could go to the working mens club on a weekend 😳

Reactions: 1
I agree about the kids clubs. I’d be happy for my kids to go to one on holiday if they wanted to and I knew the staff were fully trained etc. Wouldn’t stick them in it all day every day though, it’s all about balance.

I think the only headline anyone would like to read about maddie is that the parents have been charged with neglect, and I will never ever believe a convict in jail claiming theyve done something to Maddie without a massive amount of evidence

Reactions: 9
Other than what was presented in the Netflix doc, the other thing that made me doubt Kate and Gerry's guilt is that they keep dragging it up, they keep bringing attention to it years and years later. Surely if they were guilty, they would prefer to let it be "forgotten" about?
idk though, hiding in plain sight kind of thing maybe? The more they keep talking about it the less guilty they look. No normal parent would disappear off the face of the earth if their child had gone missing and it wasn't solved. Ben Needham's mother is still in the public eye to a degree. She was on loose women not that long ago.

Reactions: 6
One thing to remember with cases like this (murder/kidnapping) is that the evidence released to the press makes up a very tiny proportion of what they actually have against a suspect. And these details released are probably pretty minor compared to what they actually know.

Reactions: 6
My gran was a pharmacist. They had to ban calpol in certain areas. Parents used to sedate their kids with it so they could go to the working mens club on a weekend 😳

Makes sense then. I remember in the 80s I must have been about 5, I woke up and it was New Year’s Eve and my parents weren’t in the house. I freaked out and remember tipping all the dining room chairs over as my mam walked back in the house. She’d been up the road to the neighbours. That was the night I found out that the street goes to each others houses on New Years and they never left us again that I know of. Not trying to derail the thread but I reckon it was more common than we think to do that in the 80s. Didn’t happen on holidays tho I have very fond memories of partying late into the night on family holidays from an early age. I couldn’t leave my child on holiday I’ve never used kids clubs. Not saying it’s wrong to use them some kids really come out of their shells with the help of them it’s just my preference.
Don’t understand why they basically didn’t spend time with their kids on a family holiday but if others were doing it in the group it was probably seen by them as acceptable

Someone up thread said that the only evidence against the parents was the sniffer dog but that's actually incorrect. There are plenty of other evidence against them as well as theories. For example the parents lied about many things the police asked them or their stories didn't add up with each others.

Put it this way if I was a kidnapper and had two sleeping babies or an almost 4 year old I know I'd take one of the babies. Babies are harder to identify due to them all looking quite alike with usually no distinguishing features (especially like maddie's eye), baby clothes are easy to change or get out of along with a baby making less fuss than maddie could at almost 4 years old. At almost 4, Maddie is old enough surely to know a man breaking in to the apartment and grabbing her is dangerous and wrong but the babies wouldn't. If you saw a man walking around with maddie it would be much easier to identify her but if you saw a man with a baby or woman you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Reactions: 9
I still wouldnt leave my kids in the care of strangers anyway 😳 me and my sister used to go to the kids clubs when we was kids. We used to love them but I wouldnt feel comfortable leaving mine in the care of strangers.
I will say though Idk if it's true for other places but the kids clubs I went to were always in the hotel run by the hotel entertainers, they were around the pool area or near the bar. We never went anywhere away from parents?

Reactions: 4
I will say though Idk if it's true for other places but the kids clubs I went to were always in the hotel run by the hotel entertainers, they were around the pool area or near the bar. We never went anywhere away from parents?
Maybe that's the case. I cant remeber much of it, it was a good while ago since I was a kid 😂

Someone up thread said that the only evidence against the parents was the sniffer dog but that's actually incorrect. There are plenty of other evidence against them as well as theories. For example the parents lied about many things the police asked them or their stories didn't add up with each others.

Put it this way if I was a kidnapper and had two sleeping babies or an almost 4 year old I know I'd take one of the babies. Babies are harder to identify due to them all looking quite alike with usually no distinguishing features (especially like maddie's eye), baby clothes are easy to change or get out of along with a baby making less fuss than maddie could at almost 4 years old. At almost 4, Maddie is old enough surely to know a man breaking in to the apartment and grabbing her is dangerous and wrong but the babies wouldn't. If you saw a man walking around with maddie it would be much easier to identify her but if you saw a man with a baby or woman you wouldn't bat an eyelid.
Someone said further up that she could have been kidnapped to order which makes a lot of sense if you think about it (sinister as f** mind but not out of the realms of possibility).

She was in the kids club all day so if one of the staff of the kids club was working as part of a child trafficking ring they would know the movements of the McCanns and all the other families, and it would be easy to get pictures of the kids to choose which one they wanted as it's a kids club so taking pictures of them doing activites would be pretty innocuous. Maybe she was chosen and that's why she was taken. Apparently a lot of kids went missing in that area around that time. It doesn't actually seem that far fetched when you think about it, especially in light of the Jeffery Epstein scandal. This tit does go on.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
One word. PATSY. I will never change my mind that G&K were in some way involved!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What I don’t understand is that if he’s a suspect would they not be questioning him?
If the police and justice system is anything like it is in the UK they won't be able to question him without arresting him for a crime first (and they can't do that without 'reason to suspect' that he's involved). The papers are reporting that he's a 'suspect' in what the German authorities are saying is a 'murder case' but who knows what that actually means in reality. He could just be another name on a long list of ex-cons known to be in the area at the time. They could also ask him to be interviewed voluntarily but of course I v much doubt he'd agree to that.

Honestly, as someone with knowledge of the police (I won't specify for obvious reasons), I think this whole thing is a desperate ploy to get more funding. Four years ago the team working on the MM case were recruiting more investigators and the role spec was explicit that it would be a temp contract only (if I remember correctly 18-month term) because after that period the team would be out of funding. Here we are two and a half years later...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.