Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The evidence about the dogs in that documentary was what convinced me that K&G had nothing to do with her disappearance.
Previous to the documentary I thought it was them 100%. But after the documentary I realised it was the media which had built up my beliefs. I certainly believe that K&G and their friends were the kinds of people who go on a family holiday and leave their children out of what they are doing. They were negligent leaving their children in that apartment and they will have to live with that the rest of their lives. I even believe that they sedated the children to sleep (in the 80s people used to lace their kids bottles with calpol, not that I would ever do anything like that). As much as there is evil in this world I just can’t believe that K&G knew their child had died or had a hand in it and then acted the way they did afterwards. Even accidentally killing her you couldn’t just act so emotionless. And regardless of the group they were with how any of them could keep quiet if they knew anything. I always thought it odd how Kate was so emotionless in the media footage but the person who was advising them after it happened had told her not to get upset during interviews etc as it may prompt whoever had Maddie to hurt/kill her.
There was also something about the doors and windows, certain things it was said that Kate had said and the media reported it incorrectly so made her look suspect.
The way the police went about things wasn’t right either. They immediately blamed K&G and missed other clues and didn’t investigate other factors. The whole police department over there came over as corrupt and negligent also. Not to mention all the other missing children in the area.
I think they are an odd couple, probably not natural loving parents and are selfish but I don’t think they know what has happened to her.
That’s how I felt too after watching the Netflix documentary. Also, the fact that the McCanns themselves weren’t personally involved in the making of it and actually stated that it would hinder the investigation, speaks volumes. They were worried about it despite the fact that it cast them in a more positive light than we’ve ever seen. I felt the documentary showed more from their perspective and other things the media never mentioned. I didn’t believe they’d had anything to do with it in the first place but watching that certainly cemented that opinion.

Reactions: 12
I’m confused why this story is dominating front page again, when it was already published last year in May?

Reactions: 4
I really hope that this case is solved during my lifetime. I've in the past thought that Kate and Gerry killed her accidentally and covered it up, after watching the Netflix documentary I changed my mind. They were definitely guilty of neglect and it shocks me to the core that nothing was ever done about that. I really dont know what to think about what happened to her. If this German guy is being questioned, I hope they get the truth and has not being used as a scape goat. People in high places can twist things and I know that people in high places have definitely been involved in this investigation!

Reactions: 6
Other than what was presented in the Netflix doc, the other thing that made me doubt Kate and Gerry's guilt is that they keep dragging it up, they keep bringing attention to it years and years later. Surely if they were guilty, they would prefer to let it be "forgotten" about?

Reactions: 16
Interesting how many people watched the Netflix doc and changed their minds. I watched it and felt like it missed out loads of info and basically hashed over info that had already been talked about. It didn’t change my mind at all I still think they know more than they ever let on.

Reactions: 18
I’ve always been suspicious of the parents and I feel like they always look shifty & guilty but perhaps that’s down to the fact that they know they failed their daughter. Who would leave 3 small kids alone in a foreign country? Let alone murderers and paedophiles any amount of things could’ve happened, they could’ve woken from a nightmare and went wandering looking for their parents, they could’ve taken ill, anything!
I’ve seen lots of couples on holidays eating in restaurants at night while their kids slept in buggies. If they really had to go out why couldn’t they have just taken the kids too?
If they worked in Tesco & were out for burgers & beer and not doctors out for tapas and wine they’d have been charged with neglect, that’s a fact.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Other than what was presented in the Netflix doc, the other thing that made me doubt Kate and Gerry's guilt is that they keep dragging it up, they keep bringing attention to it years and years later. Surely if they were guilty, they would prefer to let it be "forgotten" about?
I've thought about this too...its just all very odd!

Reactions: 1
They weren’t charged with neglect here because it happened in Portugal was the line at the time. Possibly their association with Gordon Brown (and even the Pope!) had a bearing.

Portuguese laws are different. I think if the police there could have nabbed them for neglect, they would have.

Reactions: 3
Oh my mistake, not sure where the calpol came from must have heard it somewhere over the years!
People did use calpol to dose the kids old wives tale it made them sleep.

Yes. If that was the case, someone by now would have broken ranks.

How many couples were there? I imagine over the years there have been divorces among them, fall outs between friends etc.

I also imagine every one of them have been offered large financial rewards by the press to sell their stories.
I think someone said on another thread some of them did break ranks and were telling people stuff ,but not the authorities .

Reactions: 1
I also found it so odd and unnerving that Kate seemed to go against every maternal instinct a mother could have. Why on earth would you wash your missing child’s favourite toy? Wouldn’t you want to still have their scent on it? Why would you answer no comment to every question the police ask you? You’d tell them everything you could possibly tell them. And then Gerry playing tennis? If my child was missing I’d be out looking everywhere, I couldn’t eat or sleep or function, tennis would be last thing on my mind.
All that said the German police seem fairly confident this guy is responsible. Assuming the same rules apply there as the U.K. they’ll need pretty decent evidence to charge him.

Reactions: 12
Did they ever admit to giving the kids something to help them sleep? They’d obviously have access to any kind of drug.

Reactions: 2
I don't think they ever admitted they gave them anything ,but I always wondered how the kids slept through it all ,the shutter being forced would have woken them I think, never mind Kate shouting they've taken her .Weren't the kids still asleep when the police arrived ?

Reactions: 6
I don't think they ever admitted they gave them anything ,but I always wondered how the kids slept through it all ,the shutter being forced would have woken them I think, never mind Kate shouting they've taken her .Weren't the kids still asleep when the police arrived ?
I think I read that the police were in and out of the apartment all night and the twins slept right through it all? That doesn’t seem possible without some kind of sedative.

Reactions: 10
Interesting how many people watched the Netflix doc and changed their minds. I watched it and felt like it missed out loads of info and basically hashed over info that had already been talked about. It didn’t change my mind at all I still think they know more than they ever let on.
I didn’t watch all of the Netflix one but from what I did watch it was very biased towards the parents. It was like the producers were trying to make the audience believe any other solution other than the parents killing Maddie. Thought it was weird considering they were actually suspects at one point in the investigation

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Even if they didn’t do it, their neglect led to it.... they failed to safeguard their own children. I can never get over leaving them it’s just absurd.

Reactions: 17
Even if they didn’t do it, their neglect led to it.... they failed to safeguard their own children. I can never get over leaving them it’s just absurd.
I agree. I sincerely hope they didn’t directly have anything to do with it, but their actions ultimately led to her disappearance. I can’t understand leaving children of that age, my eldest is 4 & I wouldn’t dream of leaving her like that, regardless of where I was. As others have said, I can only assume their position & financial situation have contributed to the fact they’ve never been done for neglect or similar.

Reactions: 8
They think the German is linked to a 5yr old girl abducted in Germany in 2015 ,seems this guy is a maniac no wonder they don't want him wandering the street's of Germany..

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.