Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following the news last night, thought it would be good to have a thread about this so we can discuss as things develop.

It seems the German authorities believe this guy is guilty of the poor little girl’s murder. According to news articles I’ve read, he’s already in prison for raping a woman in Praia de Luz and has "numerous" previous convictions for "sexual abuse of children" and the DM says he has spoke about Madeleine on online chat forums.

I must say, I didn’t think 2020 could get more bizarre but here we are! I really hope the family gets justice after all these years.

Mod Edit: Linking thread

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Following the news last night, thought it would be good to have a thread about this so we can discuss as things develop.

It seems the German authorities believe this guy is guilty of the poor little girl’s murder. According to news articles I’ve read, he’s already in prison for raping a woman in Praia de Luz and has "numerous" previous convictions for "sexual abuse of children" and the DM says he has spoke about Madeleine on online chat forums.

I must say, I didn’t think 2020 could get more bizarre but here we are! I really hope the family gets justice after all these years.
I found it very interesting that they are investigating it as a murder charge rather than a missing person.

Also interesting timing for this to be released. Distraction media???

I also really hope this leads to something. I’ve had my suspicions about K & G but I do hope that justice is achieve for Maddie.

Reactions: 50
Its hard to believe it's been 13 years.
I hope they get answers from this and they do find out where Madeline is.
To not know what happened to their child must be like living a nightmare that you cant wake up from.

Reactions: 25
The timing is very convenient isn’t it! It seems like they’ve already gathered a lot of information about this line of enquiry, so why is it only released now?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The timing is very convenient isn’t it! It seems like they’ve already gathered a lot of information about this line of enquiry, so why is it only released now?
I don’t get this - when Is the right time to announce it? A cover up by who and why? The German police are as involved as ours, and are making a statement at midday.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Blimey. Not gonna lie, I had my suspicions over the parents but I would love to be proved wrong. I hope we finally get answers.

Reactions: 54
I don’t get this - when Is the right time to announce it? A cover up by who and why? The German police are as involved as ours, and are making a statement at midday.
The government don’t want to address the current massive failings they have with covid-19. It also distracts from the protests happening at the minute. There’s many things the gov currently don’t want to address and this takes some media focus away from those things.

It may not be the case, but definitely crossed my mind that it is convenient timing.

Reactions: 48
The government don’t want to address the current massive failings they have with covid-19. It also distracts from the protests happening at the minute. There’s many things the gov currently don’t want to address and this takes some media focus away from those things.
sorry, I completely disagree. This is far from good news that would distract from the government’s failings. It’s a police matter and I don’t think our police for a second would want or need to use Maddie’s investigations as a cover up for the civil unrest following the murder of a black man in the States.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Personally speaking I don't think we will ever learn the truth, it will remain a mystery.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Blimey. Not gonna lie, I had my suspicions over the parents but I would love to be proved wrong. I hope we finally get answers.
Me too... lets hope they finally get some closure, but it still won’t ever excuse their bad judgement and neglect on the night it happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
They must have some decent information that we currently don’t know as it would be pretty hard to charge the guy with her murder without a body (not impossible but much harder) So I’m really intrigued as to what will come out about all of this.

Reactions: 12
I personally think its the police clutching at straws again desperate to pin in on someone so they can finally close the case. Kate and Gerry McCann are the culprits. Its been widely known kate couldnt cope with madeline, they routinely drugged the kids so they wouldn't wake up whilst they partied and why else would the cadaver dogs pick up corpse scents on her clothes and toys and not to mention their hire car. The information is endless pointing to them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 86

It may not be the case, but definitely crossed my mind that it is convenient timing.
So...the government are in cahoots with the Maddie investigation?! Sorry but there are conspiracy theories and then there is another level!
Sadly there have been so many false leads and information, I’m not hopeful anything will come of this. I dearly hope so though and that her whole family, especially her siblings who had their lives destroyed, can start to rebuild and perhaps find some sort of closure.

Reactions: 12
Speculation on the gossip thread is that its back in the news again merely to garner more donations to the 'Find Madeleine' fund.

Reactions: 23
Literally saw a meme the other day saying that 2020 just needs Madeleine McCann to resurface and we’ll have seen everything! Spooky!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I agree with you some one high up has been protecting these two all along the way they have acted all along has been suspicious what mother would not go out looking for their child when she first went missing I would of been out there screaming her name waking everyone up to help me. Also who goes playing tennis the day after.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
How convenient, another scapegoat. Will wait and see the outcome but I doubt it will go anywhere. Will will never know what happened to that precious little girl.

Parents know more than they’ve let on.

Reactions: 20
So...the government are in cahoots with the Maddie investigation?! Sorry but there are conspiracy theories and then there is another level!
Sadly there have been so many false leads and information, I’m not hopeful anything will come of this. I dearly hope so though and that her whole family, especially her siblings who had their lives destroyed, can start to rebuild and perhaps find some sort of closure.
There are many many conspiracy theories that she was taken as part of a higher up/child trafficking ring. Worth a read

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.