Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that's even weirder about that it ties in quite weirdly with the Gasper report.
That comment that David Payne made according to the report is weird but what was weirder for me was that each night one of the men would bath all the kids????

I'm sorry but that's weird.
I agree. It’s just not something that a ‘normal’ group of friends would be discussing around a dinner table. If one of my group of male or female friends started discussing things like that, alarm bells would be ringing, no question.,

Reactions: 5
They've released the name of the witness that was talking to the German a short wile before Maddie disappeared some guy Silva ,plus two telephone numbers..

Makes sense then. I remember in the 80s I must have been about 5, I woke up and it was New Year’s Eve and my parents weren’t in the house. I freaked out and remember tipping all the dining room chairs over as my mam walked back in the house. She’d been up the road to the neighbours. That was the night I found out that the street goes to each others houses on New Years and they never left us again that I know of. Not trying to derail the thread but I reckon it was more common than we think to do that in the 80s. Didn’t happen on holidays tho I have very fond memories of partying late into the night on family holidays from an early age. I couldn’t leave my child on holiday I’ve never used kids clubs. Not saying it’s wrong to use them some kids really come out of their shells with the help of them it’s just my preference.
Don’t understand why they basically didn’t spend time with their kids on a family holiday but if others were doing it in the group it was probably seen by them as acceptable
My parents went to a family party at a hotel several hours away from where we lived, myself and my siblings went with them to the hotel but were left in the hotel room with the phone used as a babysitter listening service whilst my parents went downstairs to the party in the function room. This would have been early-mid 80’s and we would have been aged 3-6. I remember it as clear as day, my older sibling went out of the room to see if she could nosey down the stairwell to see the party and left me and my younger sibling holding the heavy fire door to our room open. We couldn’t hold it and all of us ended up being locked out of our room.

It was definitely common place back then.

But no I do not agree with it, as I said I remember it clear as day, anything could have happened to us, who knows who was staying in the other hotel rooms? I think most were extended family and their friends but still. I would never leave my child like that.

Someone up thread said that the only evidence against the parents was the sniffer dog but that's actually incorrect. There are plenty of other evidence against them as well as theories. For example the parents lied about many things the police asked them or their stories didn't add up with each others.

Put it this way if I was a kidnapper and had two sleeping babies or an almost 4 year old I know I'd take one of the babies. Babies are harder to identify due to them all looking quite alike with usually no distinguishing features (especially like maddie's eye), baby clothes are easy to change or get out of along with a baby making less fuss than maddie could at almost 4 years old. At almost 4, Maddie is old enough surely to know a man breaking in to the apartment and grabbing her is dangerous and wrong but the babies wouldn't. If you saw a man walking around with maddie it would be much easier to identify her but if you saw a man with a baby or woman you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

They weren’t babies as such, the twins were 2 and a bit at the time, so not that much different To Madeleine who was 3, nearly 4.

Reactions: 3
I agree. It’s just not something that a ‘normal’ group of friends would be discussing around a dinner table. If one of my group of male or female friends started discussing things like that, alarm bells would be ringing, no question.,
the fact that both husband and wife saw him make the gesture on different occasions and that he bathed the kids alone!

I'll be real though reading the report I was like why would you let some random guy bath your kids? I'd rather my kids go to bed dirty than have someone who wasn't me or their dad bath them. Maybe i'm paranoid but I'd rather be paranoid than the alternative

They've released the name of the witness that was talking to the German a short wile before Maddie disappeared some guy Silva ,plus two telephone numbers..
Wasn't Silva brought up on the bbc documentary that came out like a year after her disappearence

Reactions: 12
My parents went to a family party at a hotel several hours away from where we lived, myself and my siblings went with them to the hotel but were left in the hotel room with the phone used as a babysitter listening service whilst my parents went downstairs to the party in the function room. This would have been early-mid 80’s and we would have been aged 3-6. I remember it as clear as day, my older sibling went out of the room to see if she could nosey down the stairwell to see the party and left me and my younger sibling holding the heavy fire door to our room open. We couldn’t hold it and all of us ended up being locked out of our room.

It was definitely common place back then.

But no I do not agree with it, as I said I remember it clear as day, anything could have happened to us, who knows who was staying in the other hotel rooms? I think most were extended family and their friends but still. I would never leave my child like that.

They weren’t babies as such, the twins were 2 and a bit at the time, so not that much different To Madeleine who was 3, nearly 4.
My point still stands, though. Maddie was almost 4 and so would be more aware and harder to take than a two year old. It's still too risky.

Reactions: 2
Sorry I just wanted to add. I know someone who's child had to have heart surgery, G being the surgeon. She said he was the coldest person she had ever met.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Sorry I just wanted to add. I know someone who's child had to have heart surgery, G being the surgeon. She said he was the coldest person she had ever met.

God that’s awful I couldn’t imagine anyone who was going to perform that type of procedure on my child being anything but empathic and supportive T the very least

Reactions: 6
This case has captured the attention of the world because it is so strange.

I would like to hope that Kate and Gerry aren’t involved and that the German police interviewing leads to a charge and conviction.

My resveration about the new suspect is that there are criminals and people who are mentally ill that claim to have murdered certain people or had involvement in criminal cases and it turns out they are just fantasists. Everyone in the World knows about the Madeleine case and to someone who is sick enough to be attracted to children, it may be their ultimate dream - as horrible as that is - to have been involved in her disappearance.

I want to be proven wrong, but my hunch has always been that Kate and Gerry gave the children medicine to make them sleep and maybe gave Madeleine too much. I think it would have been an accidental death which they desperately tried to cover up. Their courting of the press has always given me an odd feeling.

Like many others on here, I’ve always struggled with the fact that they left their children in the room alone. I can’t get my head around why you would do that. It doesn’t make sense for their safety. 🙁 I want to be proven wrong and find out that it wasn’t Kate and Gerry but I can’t shake the way that I feel.

Reactions: 8
I hadn’t heard that before about what the mother said about her daughters private area. Thats very disturbing.
It’s weird af.
I can’t say I’ve ever thought anything about my children’s private parts outside of a medical context. And to write it in a book for people to read?? Beyond odd and gross.

Reactions: 14
madeleine was drugged as were her siblings. Kate was an anaesthetic doctor. madeleine fell hence the blood in the apartment. if they reported her death the they would have lost their other children and been struck off and convicted. This is a cover up and a very convenient turn of events considering the government is under pressure to stop funding the case into her disappearance. No other DNA or forensic evidence was found in that apartment except linked to family. it is the perfect set up - blame someone already in prison. This is the first time we have ever been aware of a german man or a camper van or a jaguar car. Total rubbish- they are responsible 100%

I once shared a house with Gerry McCanns sister - the family is so dysfunctional. This is a cover up they are responsible 100%

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
madeleine was drugged as were her siblings. Kate was an anaesthetic doctor. madeleine fell hence the blood in the apartment. if they reported her death the they would have lost their other children and been struck off and convicted. This is a cover up and a very convenient turn of events considering the government is under pressure to stop funding the case into her disappearance. No other DNA or forensic evidence was found in that apartment except linked to family. it is the perfect set up - blame someone already in prison. This is the first time we have ever been aware of a german man or a camper van or a jaguar car. Total rubbish- they are responsible 100%

I once shared a house with Gerry McCanns sister - the family is so dysfunctional. This is a cover up they are responsible 100%
Ok it makes sense in a way, but if they did it, then why keep dragging the attention to themselves and this case over and over again? It's been 13 years. Surely it would've been easier for them to just to sit quiet and let people forget about it. Why this sudden German suspect after so many years. :unsure:

Reactions: 7

This would be a better outcome for poor maddie as at least she would never have suffered at the hands of a weirdo. Can you say anything about how they were dysfunctional without giving your self away?

Ok it makes sense in a way, but if they did it, then why keep dragging the attention to themselves and this case over and over again? It's been 13 years. Surely it would've been easier for them to just to sit quiet and let people forget about it. Why this sudden German suspect after so many years. :unsure:
That’s what I don’t get. By keeping the case open, if they had anything to do with it surely they’re putting themselves at risk of being found out eventually?

Reactions: 2
Because they need closure on it and the public interest in this case is costing the tax payer money. hiding in plain sight.

Reactions: 1
Jeez you can't say anything negative re the parents on Mumsnet. Bizarre this hold they have. People there even defending the parents who left the kids one in the apartment😡🙄

This would be a better outcome for poor maddie as at least she would never have suffered at the hands of a weirdo. Can you say anything about how they were dysfunctional without giving your self away?
Just a very odd family in general.

Reactions: 1
Never got good vibes off the parents. Cold as ice, emotionless.

Reactions: 7
Little girls don’t just disappear off the face of the earth. If they did it and covered it up, there would have been some evidence after all of these years. I don’t doubt they’re clever people, being doctors, but something would have turned up by now.

If she fell and died accidentally and they hid her body regardless of the dogs findings, how on earth did they do it in a place they weren’t familiar with and so she has never been found? People all over the world turn up years later by just being stumbled upon.
And if your child had accidentally died, as parents even as weird as they seem, how do you hold it together? Like, your child had died! It doesn’t matter if they are difficult being exasperated and struggling with their behaviour is a lot different to carrying on as normal when you know they have passed away regardless of how it happened. And hiding her body too, that’s some next level tit. I’m not naive and I know people have carried out horrendous crimes but they are criminals who are *usually* psychotic with a few normal seeming ones thrown in where years later there past comes out. No matter how odd they act I just can’t see that one of them wouldn’t have cracked by now if they knew.
I do think they are hiding something tho

Reactions: 5
I wonder why they haven't moved in to excavate round the property where the German stayed. I don't think anyone would have got far with a body at that time ,unless an accomplice

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.