Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if they didn’t do it, their neglect led to it.... they failed to safeguard their own children. I can never get over leaving them it’s just absurd.
I think what they did was common practice until that point. When my kids were little many hotels offered a listening service.

Personally I’d put mine in the buggy at and when they were tired point it to the wall.

I remember going to a function at a hotel and there was a row of buggies after the dinner pointing at the wall while parents had a shindig. I joked I better not have too much to drink and end up taking the wrong baby upstairs!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Even if they didn’t do it, their neglect led to it.... they failed to safeguard their own children. I can never get over leaving them it’s just absurd.
A lot of parents used to always do it especially before maddie went missing. Used to see it all the time on holiday or people openly admitting it, under the impression nothing will happen while there on holiday.
I’ve personally never have or would do it myself.

Reactions: 3
I didn't really enjoy the documentary series released on Netflix last year because I found it was quite biased and one sided. The whole documentary seemed protective and defensive of the parents. Even the police interviewed were all suddenly "I thought the parents did it but don't think they did now". I know one episode featured all on Kate and Gerry and when they were under suspicion, but I doubt they would be allowed to point the finger at the parents anyway as K&G are known for suing people who accuse them of being behind it plus people would probably respond to the series saying it would be wrong to accuse the parents blah blah.

It still seems odd to me that they didn't answer certain questions, take a lie detector and the way Kate spoke about her and actually said about Madeleine's "perfect little genitals" in her book which is abhorrent.
I find it strange how the documentary suddenly said the blood wasn't Madeleine's when it's been all over the news and proven in a video recorded by police where they took the dog into the apartment and it barked like mad. In police reports and even the head investigator of the case put out that forbidden documentary that the parents got banned. I still find it strange how the parents acted and carried on life quickly after when anyone else would search relentlessy for their missing child. It seems to me the way they acted is as though they know what happened and kind of had to accept it and play the worried stricken parents.

I find it hard to believe a man/woman was watching their apartment for days and suddenly ran up there on that night taking Madeleine when he could have easily been caught, taken one of the babies, plus the risk of being caught running off with her in a busy touristy area or her being seen around anywhere if she was a sex slave.

Unfortunately I do think whatever happened to her, she died that night. If a kidnapper did do it, they would have had to of been watching the McCann's very meticulously to know that they were going to dinner that night with the children in the apartment and the whole checking up on the children every 30mins or so. I don't think a couple kidnapped her or took her to look after her as she would have been spotted by now being pretty famous worldwide and people talk.

I don't think the people at the table (McCann's friends) knew the truth either because as people above said, it would be a huge risk for the parents and someone would have slipped up by now.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I also don’t think the people at the table know anymore, surely one of them would have cracked. They made a pact to stay silent about it. Im
Sure they have their own thoughts and know things don’t add up, but have no proof and want to stay out of it and carry on with their lives. David Payne certainly looks dodgey and I don’t think he would want to draw anymore attention to himself.

Reactions: 2
Personally I don't think K&G had anything to do with her disappearance (apart from leaving the kids unattended- which is obviously awful and now they paid the worst possible price for that)
But the likelihood that they killed her just seems a bit far fetched. They were essentially accused because a dog barked, the only evidence they have. It's more likely to me that the police made a lot of mistakes and did a cover up to save embarrassment, accusing K&G protects their tourism.
The argument that she was killed earlier and the dad got rid of her whilst he had wandered off for half hour, other members of the group were checking on the kids as well, unless they were all in on it, which is a lot of people to keep quiet for all these years. Plus getting rid of a body in half an hour with absolutely nobody noticing, in a country you don't know very well, for the body still to be missing 13 years later seems almost impossible.
Plus, if they had done it, surely they wouldnt want all this media attention on the case? They felt the police werent doing enough so contacted the media themselves, very strange move if you are the guilty party.

Reactions: 12
I also don’t think the people at the table know anymore, surely one of them would have cracked. They made a pact to stay silent about it. Im
Sure they have their own thoughts and know things don’t add up, but have no proof and want to stay out of it and carry on with their lives. David Payne certainly looks dodgey and I don’t think he would want to draw anymore attention to himself.
Didnt the other people also have kids who were left unattended?

I’ve read that too. I think there is such a tangled web of lies and deceit, the parents know much more than they have ever let on. I think they have lied for so long they think of themselves as the third party ...they know they are involved and so do their friends but for some reason there is a ring of steel surrounding this case.
There is so many lies and tit we don't know. The thing that was always suspicious to me was that she refused to answer some of the police questions. If my kid had just gone missing I'd answer anything they would throw at me cause I wanted to find my child and cause I wasn't guilty!

Reactions: 3
I think it was more common in the 70/80’s to leave you child in the room to go for dinner, places like Butlins would have a ‘baby listening’ service. How ever this happened in 2007 and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t common practice then. Obviously some parents still did it, but I doubt it was something actively encouraged. Personally, I never knew anyone who did. Everyone I’ve spoken to about this has always been shocked that they left them and didn’t just bung them in a pushchair.

Especially when there was a baby sitting service at the hotel that they for some reason chose not to use. The mind boggles.

Reactions: 11
I think it was more common in the 70/80’s to leave you child in the room to go for dinner, places like Butlins would have a ‘baby listening’ service. How ever this happened in 2007 and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t common practice then. Obviously some parents still did it clearly, but personally I never knew anyone who did. Everyone I’ve spoken to about this has always been shocked that they left them.

Especially when there was a baby sitting service at the hotel that they for some reason chose not to use. The mind boggles.
This is what I’ve always thought too - though if I’m wrong obviously I’ll stand corrected! I was a teen in 2007 & had never been left anywhere by my parents when I was younger & on holiday (or not). I know it was a lot more common before then, as you say. I was reading very recently about Butlin’s & their listening service, funnily enough!

Reactions: 5
Baby listening services were still a thing when my two were little. Mid to late noughties. The MM case killed them off.

Reactions: 4
Baby listening services were still a thing when my two were little. Mid to late noughties. The MM case killed them off.
I still wouldnt leave my kids in the care of strangers anyway 😳 me and my sister used to go to the kids clubs when we was kids. We used to love them but I wouldnt feel comfortable leaving mine in the care of strangers.

Reactions: 5
Just had a read about the priest. All sounds so shady and there are too many people involved who seems to be hiding the true facts.
Please excuse my ignorance as I’m not religious , but can anyone shed any light on the fact that If someone ‘Confessed’ to a priest, then the priest was interviewed under caution, he would have to tell the truth?
I don't know about priests but I know nuns can take a vow of silence which means they have religious grounds for not speaking to the police.

Reactions: 1
Looks like there’s a chance he could be out on parole soon for the sex attack he was jailed for on the American tourist... that’s probably why they’re making a big deal out of it now, if he’s out on parole I guess he could just disappear never to be seen again 🤬 I’ve just read the most vile dreadful thing in the news about what he said in a chat room..I won’t even repeat it.. I never feel sick reading the news but what he said...🤮🤮🤮 I feel genuinely queasy

• Sad
One of the lines of enquiry was that a man (said to be gerry) was seen carrying a sleeping child down towards the sea and may have disposed of her body in the sea. I've never been able to get my head around this one. Bodies usually surface, if you look at people who have jumped off bridges or fell off boats or drowned at sea, they usually surface or wash up on a beach. No such thing has ever happened. Gerry couldn't have just left her in the waves at the local beach and quickly returned to dinner because she would have been washed back up onto the beach, he didn't have a boat to take her out further. I just can't see how the parents could have physically 'got rid of all trace' in the time they had

Reactions: 7
My gut feeling has always been that she died accidentally after being sedated by her parents, getting out of bed to look for them and falling and breaking her neck. I have read the police files and there is no evidence of an abduction but lots of evidence that points to this theory. However, I also see that it would have been incredibly difficult for the parents to hide and dispose of her body before raining the alarm, so that has always been the part that I get stuck on. Many suggest that she died the night before or two nights before but I still think disposing of a corpse would have been extremely difficult.

whatever happened, even if they are not guilty of her death, I believe 100% that her parents were and are hiding something. What that is, I don’t know. It could be something as minor as that they were on a swinging holiday with friends and that they didn’t want that to come out, or that they did sedate their children and wanted to cover that up. There are too many discrepancies, too many questions that they did not answer and too many shady friends in high places for that not to be the case. It’s very unfortunate for them if they are not responsible for their daughter’s death because by trying to cover whatever it is up, they have implicated themselves over and over again by not being honest about events and what they know. In my opinion.

I don’t know what to think about the latest development. The cynic in me thinks that he is a patsy and I would not be terribly surprised if he died mysteriously at some point with all the suspicion on him. Case conveniently closed.

Reactions: 13
I didn't really enjoy the documentary series released on Netflix last year because I found it was quite biased and one sided. The whole documentary seemed protective and defensive of the parents. Even the police interviewed were all suddenly "I thought the parents did it but don't think they did now". I know one episode featured all on Kate and Gerry and when they were under suspicion, but I doubt they would be allowed to point the finger at the parents anyway as K&G are known for suing people who accuse them of being behind it plus people would probably respond to the series saying it would be wrong to accuse the parents blah blah.

It still seems odd to me that they didn't answer certain questions, take a lie detector and the way Kate spoke about her and actually said about Madeleine's "perfect little genitals" in her book which is abhorrent.
I find it strange how the documentary suddenly said the blood wasn't Madeleine's when it's been all over the news and proven in a video recorded by police where they took the dog into the apartment and it barked like mad. In police reports and even the head investigator of the case put out that forbidden documentary that the parents got banned. I still find it strange how the parents acted and carried on life quickly after when anyone else would search relentlessy for their missing child. It seems to me the way they acted is as though they know what happened and kind of had to accept it and play the worried stricken parents.

I find it hard to believe a man/woman was watching their apartment for days and suddenly ran up there on that night taking Madeleine when he could have easily been caught, taken one of the babies, plus the risk of being caught running off with her in a busy touristy area or her being seen around anywhere if she was a sex slave.

Unfortunately I do think whatever happened to her, she died that night. If a kidnapper did do it, they would have had to of been watching the McCann's very meticulously to know that they were going to dinner that night with the children in the apartment and the whole checking up on the children every 30mins or so. I don't think a couple kidnapped her or took her to look after her as she would have been spotted by now being pretty famous worldwide and people talk.

I don't think the people at the table (McCann's friends) knew the truth either because as people above said, it would be a huge risk for the parents and someone would have slipped up by now.
I hadn’t heard that before about what the mother said about her daughters private area. Thats very disturbing.

Reactions: 7
I’m confused why this story is dominating front page again, when it was already published last year in May?
Distraction from the other stuff going on. Namely the shambles our government have made of the pandemic, and possibly the black lives matter stuff as well.

Once you realise how the media operate you’ll never look at it the same way again.

• Heart
Looks like there’s a chance he could be out on parole soon for the sex attack he was jailed for on the American tourist... that’s probably why they’re making a big deal out of it now, if he’s out on parole I guess he could just disappear never to be seen again 🤬 I’ve just read the most vile dreadful thing in the news about what he said in a chat room..I won’t even repeat it.. I never feel sick reading the news but what he said...🤮🤮🤮 I feel genuinely queasy
What I don’t understand is that if he’s a suspect would they not be questioning him? How can’t they be worried he will Disappear if he’s in prison and then he’s a suspect in another case. That doesn’t make any sense to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.