Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
it would be incredible if this case was solved and it was Christian.
I am still very much in the camp that it was an intruder who had been watching the family and picked out Maddie and so could be him.
I‘m highly convinced the parents had drugged the children to get them to sleep and it meant poor Maddie had no chance to be alarmed to him coming in. I feel the fact both twins remaining asleep when they found her gone and when the police arrived tells me they were drugged.
I would suspect the perpetrator did a practice run on a prior evening, learned the layout, maybe even realised that the kids were completely out of it and cemented their plan.
If the parents were directly involved or anyone else in the tapas group I feel it would have come out by now. If someone / the group were peodos I feel like a victim would have come forward knowing of the connection to Madeline.
I do blame the parents for neglecting Maddy and still can’t believe they left the children to go for dinner. I do hope that this case did at least save many other children from coming to harm as parents thought twice about doing something similar.
What makes you so convinced?

Reactions: 2

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
What I am saying is the Portugese police suspected the involvement of the parents from the outset - so how come they couldn't they find any evidence when the dogs alerted?
Presumably because there was nothing there to find - no blood, no trace of a body being concealed.
The Portugese police suspected the parents but they found nothing.
I find that some people want the parents to be involved because subconsciously they want the parents to be punished for leaving the children alone and what better way of punishing them than alleging their involvement in some giant conspiracy and cover up. Of course, it can't logically make sense for those two things to be true but I think that is the way some people's minds work when it comes to this.

For a conspiracy theorist the lack of evidence is actually a positive thing in their mind as it can't 'disprove' their theory either.

Multi-21

VIP Member
One thing that always struck me as strange is that there's a video of them all in the transfer bus from the plane to the terminal and the person taking the video tells Gerry to cheer up or something like that - he's sitting there with a face like thunder. His reply was "I'm not here to enjoy myself" IIRC.

It's a holiday! Did he mean that he was there to improve his tennis or something else?
Is that meant to imply he was there in some sort of deal for Madeline and everything about the holiday was planned to be a cover up/give them alibis?

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I read some of the detectives (banned) book. Yes there was apparently somebody missing from the table every night. It hasn’t been confirmed that she was seen the day before either so rumoured she disappeared a few days before and they then got their story straight.
What is this banned book?!

One thing that always struck me as strange is that there's a video of them all in the transfer bus from the plane to the terminal and the person taking the video tells Gerry to cheer up or something like that - he's sitting there with a face like thunder. His reply was "I'm not here to enjoy myself" IIRC.

It's a holiday! Did he mean that he was there to improve his tennis or something else?

Here it is. Could be referring to bringing 3 toddlers with them though.

Lonewolf

VIP Member
Where the tapas 7s movements all accounted for during the time frame maddie went missing? Is it possible one of those could have done something to her?

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
The dog referred to in this case was trained to alert to human cadaverine only.
Yes, but actual evidence is needed to support the dogs alert, same as actual evidence is needed to support a sighting. Otherwise you have people facing charges and a lot of jail time because they were convicted due to very flimsy unsubstantiated testimony.
Take eye witness testimony for example, it is notoriously unreliable. You cannot prosecute someone because a dog alerts, this is not evidence, you need actual evidence, eg DNA, to back it up. Without that you have nothing - a dog that barked or sat down, whatever.

Multi-21

VIP Member
If it is all being covered up by masons why isn’t whoever is in charge burying it rather than financing it on an annual basis? I’m sure they shelve lots of cold cases never to be heard of again, wouldn’t that be best to make sure nothing is uncovered rather than keeping it in the news and detectives looking into it?

GM17

Chatty Member
There is absolutely no evidence that she may have just walked out of the apartment and met the wrong person either.
And if she had have she probably would have taken her cuddle cat or something else with her…

Blurp

VIP Member
I get it - holidays with small kids sometimes don’t feel like holidays - you are still doing all the family caring responsibilities in a place that’s a bit sunnier, especially if self catering. So using kids clubs and wanting an evening sans children isn’t unreasonable. What I don’t get is the step to where they left children alone in an unlocked apartment. I don’t get it. I’m not mother of the year, I get super frustrated at times and want some alone time but I don’t compute leaving them.
Mark Warner also provided a free evening crèche. The Tanner sighting was of a man carrying his sleeping child from the crèche to their apartment; I can't remember his name.

There was talk that Kate was struggling with three young children, particularly with an active Madeleine, and that relatives might have to help out with Madeleine.

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
tennis the next day
It was a waiter where they were staying who made the allegation. He said Gerry played tennis with an ‘old’ English couple in the days after she disappeared. (I can’t find anything that verifies this, other than reports from the waiter)

It’s widely reported in UK media that they jogged every day after.

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
The most obvious answer is usually the correct one. In this case he fits a perfect profile of somebody that would carry out a crime like this.
But, but, but ...
The parents were doctors, they must have drugged her and/or she had an accident, and she died, and they hid her body in another coffin after hiding her in their car/a fridge for days, in order to protect their jobs.
The priest didn't trust them, GM is cold, he must be a murderer, they have friends in high places 🤪🤡

• Haha

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
If it is all being covered up by masons why isn’t whoever is in charge burying it rather than financing it on an annual basis? I’m sure they shelve lots of cold cases never to be heard of again, wouldn’t that be best to make sure nothing is uncovered rather than keeping it in the news and detectives looking into it?
It's almost as if there isn't a conspiracy of powerful people protecting the parents 🤔

Reactions: 1

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
I thought it was a self catering apartment. The fridge broke and Gerry bought a new one and took the old one to the tip. You don’t do that in a hotel!
it was an apartment in a large complex with different board options some people choose self catering others will choose other options that are available

The dog and the blood... that could have been anyone's blood couldn't it? It was a holiday apartment thousands of families have probably stayed there.

The dna indicators... Well her entire family were there. Would that have any correlation?
I think the blood behind the sofa was matched to hers. The blood in the car had similarities but wasnt properly tested.