Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have they ever regretted leaving 3 tiny children alone in the villa?
Seems they still maintain what they chose to do was responsible parenting
No guilt for these two. Unbelievable.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Have they ever regretted leaving 3 tiny children alone in the villa?
Seems they still maintain what they chose to do was responsible parenting
No guilt for these two. Unbelievable.
Indeed, I’d have had far more time for them if one of them had admitted to their wrongdoing and expressed how they regret the choice they made.
Don’t recall seeing much of that.

Reactions: 18
Indeed, I’d have had far more time for them if one of them had admitted to their wrongdoing and expressed how they regret the choice they made.
Don’t recall seeing much of that.
I feel like their stance has always been that this was ‘normal’ for parents to leave their kids in unlocked rooms and go to dinner.
Yet I don’t recall anyone I know in the UK ever agreeing with this. Sitting out on the balcony adjoining the hotel room yes. Not over at the restaurant.
I feel like the key is to detangle the lies (such as that they were regularly checking on the children) to understand just how large the window of time is that Maddy was left alone. Also this wasn’t really a family holiday. The kids were there but they were spending hardly any time as a family and the kids were mostly in the kids club. It seems like the parents wanted a child free holiday. Why not leave the kids with grandparents and then go away without them? Whilst Maddy was away from her parents in the kids club or during their time together such as at the beach were they targeted.
It seems very very unlikely that a kidnapper by chance wandered into the apartment and happened upon Maddie. If the kidnapper entered the apartment it was well planned and they had been watching them.
On the other hand we have no actual proof (as the parents narrative about the window doesn’t make any sense and they had reason to lie as unlocked apartment makes them look worse) that any kidnapper entered the apartment at all. So Maddy may have left the apartment. Now logic to me would say the chance is very low that the first person to come across Maddy was a kidnapper but perhaps. Otherwise you’d have expected the first person to come across a young child in pyjamas who clearly shouldn’t be out on their own would have tried to help by calling the police or asking where she had come from to get her back to her parents.
I therefore lean on the theory that they were targeted and the kidnap was planned and coordinated. As over the course of the holiday there is a lot more chance for Maddy to be spotted by someone with bad intention, vs if she did leave the apartment. But obviously children are kidnapped off the street. It happens and it’s bad luck but not impossible.
I also wonder if in some sick logic the kidnapper justified what they did because Maddy was not being supervised by her parents and they weren’t properly caring for her. Like did they take her in a ‘protective’ way but then did something awful.

Reactions: 17
I feel like their stance has always been that this was ‘normal’ for parents to leave their kids in unlocked rooms and go to dinner.
Yet I don’t recall anyone I know in the UK ever agreeing with this. Sitting out on the balcony adjoining the hotel room yes. Not over at the restaurant.
I feel like the key is to detangle the lies (such as that they were regularly checking on the children) to understand just how large the window of time is that Maddy was left alone. Also this wasn’t really a family holiday. The kids were there but they were spending hardly any time as a family and the kids were mostly in the kids club. It seems like the parents wanted a child free holiday. Why not leave the kids with grandparents and then go away without them? Whilst Maddy was away from her parents in the kids club or during their time together such as at the beach were they targeted.
It seems very very unlikely that a kidnapper by chance wandered into the apartment and happened upon Maddie. If the kidnapper entered the apartment it was well planned and they had been watching them.
On the other hand we have no actual proof (as the parents narrative about the window doesn’t make any sense and they had reason to lie as unlocked apartment makes them look worse) that any kidnapper entered the apartment at all. So Maddy may have left the apartment. Now logic to me would say the chance is very low that the first person to come across Maddy was a kidnapper but perhaps. Otherwise you’d have expected the first person to come across a young child in pyjamas who clearly shouldn’t be out on their own would have tried to help by calling the police or asking where she had come from to get her back to her parents.
I therefore lean on the theory that they were targeted and the kidnap was planned and coordinated. As over the course of the holiday there is a lot more chance for Maddy to be spotted by someone with bad intention, vs if she did leave the apartment. But obviously children are kidnapped off the street. It happens and it’s bad luck but not impossible.
I also wonder if in some sick logic the kidnapper justified what they did because Maddy was not being supervised by her parents and they weren’t properly caring for her. Like did they take her in a ‘protective’ way but then did something awful.
Well said, it was definitely a holiday for the adults without much thought or time spent with the children.
There’s so many theories around what happened in that apartment that I really can’t decide what actually occurred.
I doubt we ever will know now.

Reactions: 8
I recommend the James Bogart series of videos on YouTube about the lies and inconsistencies. There's about 12 of them so quite a slog and they are a few years old but really interesting.

Reactions: 15
I lived in a small town Spain for a while and visited similar towns in Portugal. If someone was intent on kidnapping children they could spend an afternoon visiting half a dozen town’s and capture half a dozen children,

The notion that someone was watching Maddie in particular and was waiting to pounce I find absurd because if you’re going to kidnap a child it’s quite an awkward and risky way to do it.

Reactions: 19
Plenty of thieves just go round trying doors to see if they're unlocked, much easier than breaking glass or kicking the door in - it's easy to forget to lock the door, I've done so more than once. Maybe someone just tried the door, it opened, and they just took MM.
No stalking and watching, just opportunity.
Bruckner had a history of stealing from properties and sexual crimes, and he was in the area 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Yes it’s possible but we’ve been promised evidence by German officials and after several years they’ve produced nothing.

And an abduction does not explain the presence of cadaverine in the apartment.

Yes it’s possible but we’ve been promised evidence by German officials and after several years they’ve produced nothing.

And an abduction does not explain the presence of cadaverine in the apartment.
I guess by cadaverine you are referring to the dogs alerting in the apartment? This is a dog (trained but still a dog) pointing out something of interest; it should be investigated but a dog indicating is not evidence of anything, it needs to be supported by evidence.

Reactions: 6
I know this is such a petty thing, but I really hate the way Kate always says "we were made Arguido". Why can't she just say suspect or formal suspect?

Reactions: 8
I know this is such a petty thing, but I really hate the way Kate always says "we were made Arguido". Why can't she just say suspect or formal suspect?
I really hate Kate McCann . She's forged a career out of this avoidable tragedy

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I find it bizarre when people ask why they didn't use the babysitting service (although I accept that service would be better than what they did do) on the basis that I have a 3, nearly 4 year old and I couldn't imagine leaving him with someone he didn't know that well at night time. I don't personally use kids club on holiday but I do see the attraction and kids playing together and making friends in the daytime but I couldn't see myself using the service at night and going off to have dinner. My kids come with me or I don't go?! Just leaving them randomly at night time is absurd to me let alone leaving them in bed and pissing off out.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I find it bizarre when people ask why they didn't use the babysitting service (although I accept that service would be better than what they did do) on the basis that I have a 3, nearly 4 year old and I couldn't imagine leaving him with someone he didn't know that well at night time. I don't personally use kids club on holiday but I do see the attraction and kids playing together and making friends in the daytime but I couldn't see myself using the service at night and going off to have dinner. My kids come with me or I don't go?! Just leaving them randomly at night time is absurd to me let alone leaving them in bed and pissing off out.
But the fact there was a babysitting service but they still opted to leave them alone instead is so odd. Did they not want to pay for it. Or did they feel their babies and toddler were safer alone in an unfamiliar apartment unlocked?
Im with you on would I want to leave my children with a random babysitter no. But I’d have chosen that rather than alone. Obviously I’d have actually chosen neither of these and to have dinner with my children and not left them. Or gone away without them and they having a lovely time with grandparents.

But the fact there was a babysitting service but they still opted to leave them alone instead is so odd. Did they not want to pay for it. Or did they feel their babies and toddler were safer alone in an unfamiliar apartment unlocked?
Im with you on would I want to leave my children with a random babysitter no. But I’d have chosen that rather than alone. Obviously I’d have actually chosen neither of these and to have dinner with my children and not left them. Or gone away without them and they having a lovely time with grandparents.
It is bizarre. Considering they were in kids clubs in the day. So a reason of not wanting to leave them with strangers in a different country doesn’t add up as they were put in the clubs during the day.

Reactions: 14
I'll never understand it. Same way I'll never understand the media buy in that everyone does it and it wasn't their fault. No one does it. No one did it back then and it was their fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Remember that poor woman who said stuff on Twitter or whatever was going then? She was hounded by the press and went to a hotel and took her own life. It was a massive drama which then warranted a couple of lines about her suicide. Then boom all forgotten. So weird.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16