Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After nearly twenty years there has been a breakthrough in the case and people are still believing that the parents did it and won’t believe it was Christian. Why not?

Here is what we know about him

1.He was a career burglar who broke into houses all over the area
2. He was a pedalo who has abused children
3. He exposed himself to children in playgrounds multiple times
4. He raped an old women in her 70’s
5. He tied his victims up and filmed the attacks
6. He has been placed in the vicinity at the time of the abduction by phone data
7. He wrote online something about stealing a small child
8. The German authorities believe he killed her and have some evidence but will not release it. This is apparently very common in German cases.
9. He left Portugal right after, after living there for years
10. A memory card with thousands of images was found buried on his property. What was on them? Why were they buried? We dont know yet.

This man is a depraved psychopath who most likely abducted her and yet people are on still going about conspiracies involving the parents, Clement Freud and he r body being disposed of in a Church. Please.
I find him very plausible to have done an abduction and worse to Maddie.
The weird behaviour of the McCanns is what makes me doubt a bit.
Also, if it was him, why has there been no concrete proof since we first heard of him?

Reactions: 6
it would be incredible if this case was solved and it was Christian.
I am still very much in the camp that it was an intruder who had been watching the family and picked out Maddie and so could be him.
I‘m highly convinced the parents had drugged the children to get them to sleep and it meant poor Maddie had no chance to be alarmed to him coming in. I feel the fact both twins remaining asleep when they found her gone and when the police arrived tells me they were drugged.
I would suspect the perpetrator did a practice run on a prior evening, learned the layout, maybe even realised that the kids were completely out of it and cemented their plan.
If the parents were directly involved or anyone else in the tapas group I feel it would have come out by now. If someone / the group were peodos I feel like a victim would have come forward knowing of the connection to Madeline.
I do blame the parents for neglecting Maddy and still can’t believe they left the children to go for dinner. I do hope that this case did at least save many other children from coming to harm as parents thought twice about doing something similar.

Reactions: 15
it would be incredible if this case was solved and it was Christian.
I am still very much in the camp that it was an intruder who had been watching the family and picked out Maddie and so could be him.
I‘m highly convinced the parents had drugged the children to get them to sleep and it meant poor Maddie had no chance to be alarmed to him coming in. I feel the fact both twins remaining asleep when they found her gone and when the police arrived tells me they were drugged.
I would suspect the perpetrator did a practice run on a prior evening, learned the layout, maybe even realised that the kids were completely out of it and cemented their plan.
If the parents were directly involved or anyone else in the tapas group I feel it would have come out by now. If someone / the group were peodos I feel like a victim would have come forward knowing of the connection to Madeline.
I do blame the parents for neglecting Maddy and still can’t believe they left the children to go for dinner. I do hope that this case did at least save many other children from coming to harm as parents thought twice about doing something similar.
What makes you so convinced?

Reactions: 2
Yes, they could have done many things, but is there any evidence - medication container, drugs etc - to suggest they drugged MM or the twins? Nothing I have heard of.
When I was a child I had a medical emergency after I was discharged from hospital after an operation, an ambulance was called and I was re-admited, the house was in chaos. My sister (who I shared a room with) and my brother both slept through the whole thing, in a small 3 bed house.

MM's parents had a strained relationship with the press, Gerry was combative and unlikable. The twins were not harmed, obviously only MM was missing, I can imagine this is why he didn't want the twins tested - I'm no expert but I guess you'd need samples quickly to get evidence of an over the counter medication.

Calpol has been suggested as something the parents used to drug the children - apparently there used to be a nighttime formula but this was discontinued years before MM disappeared.
Phenergan(??) and anti-histamines have also been suggested - as far as I am aware there is no evidence of any of this.
Is there any evidence of a break in/intruder/abduction then?

• Heart
I think Gerry's behaviour is down to him being a surgeon. They can be a funny breed. I work with a lot of them.

Is there any evidence of a break in/intruder/abduction then?
It's fair to say that MM either left the apartment or someone took her.
Her parents were selfishly enjoying their meal and a glass of vino at that time - I can't imagine that MM died and then the parents went for a meal, anything is possible I suppose but I'm not buying that.
It is known that CB was in the area at the time.
I'm not sure why anyone would need to break in, the door wasn't locked.

What makes you so convinced?
What swings it for me that the kids were drugged:
- That the twins kept sleeping when Kate found Maddy gone and when the police arrives
- the confidence of the parents to leave their 3 young children alone whilst they went for dinner for hours. They were relaxed to leave them as they were knocked out. The twins were so so young it just seems insane to leave them when they could have so easily woken up and started crying / got out of bed. They were 2 years old and Maddy was 3.

- I don’t believe the McCanns when they said they and the rest of the tapas group were going around checking on all the kids so regularly. It sounded so ridiculous and I didn’t find the films where I’ve seen Kate and Gerry talk this bit through believable, I can’t give you exact evidence here, just the feeling that they were not telling the truth and why not use the babysitting service. Instead they had sedated their children. And probably not just the McCanns. They probably were all doing it and then leaving the kids all evening. They concocted the tale of all taking turns checking on the kids as it showed them all as neglectful and they could have all got in a lot of trouble for sedating and leaving their kids. The kids will have no recollection of ever having been sedated and the parents all kept this a secret to protect all of them.

Reactions: 13
I don’t think so.
The door was open. He just was able to walk right in. Absolutely shocking they left the three kids in an unlocked apartment. What about them waking up and running out on the road? That would be my first thought as a parent of a three year old.

Her parents were selfishly enjoying their meal and a glass of vino at that time - I can't imagine that MM died and then the parents went for a meal, anything is possible I suppose but I'm not buying that.
So that’s a no then?

And therein lies the problem - there is no definitive evidence either way on what happened to poor Madeleine that evening - only speculation.
Imho I doubt we will ever discover the truth and the person(s) involved will take it to their grave(s).

That poor, innocent little girl was let down so badly. 😕 I’m sure we can all agree on that.

Reactions: 11
The door was open. He just was able to walk right in. Absolutely shocking they left the three kids in an unlocked apartment. What about them waking up and running out on the road? That would be my first thought as a parent of a three year old.
An unlocked door doesn’t provide evidence of abduction though does it. It just means the door was unlocked, and even that doesn’t mean it was unlocked at the time of “abduction”.

Reactions: 4
They went to a tennis lesson after she disappeared.

Reactions: 7
They went to a tennis lesson after she disappeared.
What I meant was the idea that MM died before the parents went out to the tapas restaurant to meet their friends on the evening that she disappeared - I can't see that happened.
I think it was the following day that the parents went to the tennis lesson.

I meant the idea that MM died before the parents went out to the tapas restaurant to meet their friends on the evening that she disappeared.
I think it was the following day that the parents went to the tennis lesson.
I don’t see the difference though? Going out after your child died, or going out the day after your child is assumed abducted.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t see the difference though? Going out after your child died, or going out the day after your child is assumed abducted.
What I'm saying is that I don't think MM died and then the parents went out to the tapas restaurant as though nothing had happened, MM didn't die before they went to meet their friends, so she either left the apartment or was abducted - I don't believe the parents are a pair of psychopaths 🤷‍♀️ Negligent and selfish though, there is no doubt about that.
I know they went to a tennis lesson the following day (I think), I don't understand how or why 😔

I think the main thing that makes me think they had some involvement is the 'they took her' from Kate - who are 'they' and how did she know they took her?
I find it so hard as all the evidence they do have is so contradicting, but this said I'm hoping we have some sort of confession from either CB, the friend, or the priest :/

Reactions: 3
In reality we will never know, so I’m free to believe that she died accidentally in that apartment: I’m more interested now in why, when there is apparently such a good suspect, we are still funding the police year after year to the tune of millions over the years to go to Portugal. It’s now a con by the officers to get their trip every year. other children go missing and don’t have this much spent on them.

Reactions: 15
What I'm saying is that I don't think MM died and then the parents went out to the tapas restaurant as though nothing had happened, MM didn't die before they went to meet their friends, so she either left the apartment or was abducted - I don't believe the parents are a pair of psychopaths 🤷‍♀️ Negligent and selfish though, there is no doubt about that.
I know they went to a tennis lesson the following day (I think), I don't understand how or why 😔
I think we’re coming at this from completely different angles. For me, going to the tennis lesson the next day is exactly the same situation as if she had died and then they’ve gone to dinner that night (which I personally think is unlikely), or she died or was taken while they were at dinner, and the next morning they put the twins in kids club and took themselves off to tennis. The day after their daughter went missing.

The washing of cuddle cat also astounds me.

• Sad
Reactions: 18