Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But why cover up an accident? Like if it was a genuine accident surely they could have just admitted to that?
If it was something like an accidental overdose of sleeping medication - which is possible as the neighbour said the children were crying the previous nights - they risk losing their GMC licence, which leads to their home, security, and custody of the twins.

They wouldn’t let the twins be tested for (I think) any drugs/meds, and he had to fly back to the UK to get something with Maddie’s DNA for the police. They apparently had nothing there, toothbrush even, that was used just by her.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
It doesn’t make a lot of sense I agree unless there was something more sinister going on under the surface to cover up, but again no idea what. But the other side of the coin to me has always been WHY would someone randomly break into an apartment looking for things to steal, happen upon 3 young children and take one (because he happens to be a predator as well as a thief) and leave a set of twins. (This is what the accusation of C is, that he broke in looking for valuables belonging to tourists and just so happened to find the children) That makes absolutely no sense to me either. You’d have no idea who was in the apartment at that time of the evening. Unless he had been stalking them & watching the groups movements, but that’s never been an accusation either . The case as a whole has so many more questions than answers baffling as none of the theories really make much sense the whole way. The media seem insistent that they have the suspect in custody but again nothing ever concrete is presented to prove it 🤷‍♀️
I mean it was dark, the lights were off and he probably had a torch. He just grabbed the first one. Also they were in cots so maybe he thought they were babies.

Reactions: 3
If it was something like an accidental overdose of sleeping medication - which is possible as the neighbour said the children were crying the previous nights - they risk losing their GMC licence, which leads to their home, security, and custody of the twins.

They wouldn’t let the twins be tested for (I think) any drugs/meds, and he had to fly back to the UK to get something with Maddie’s DNA for the police. They apparently had nothing there, toothbrush even, that was used just by her.
eh? how could that even be true? where was her toothbrush, her hairbrush, her clothes? so weird.

Reactions: 9
All the supposed signs of a break-in, that then said they had found, which were later proven as not true - no fingerprints, no forced open windows. No curtains flying in the breeze. A cover up of something. I have no idea what though.

Reactions: 8
I can see the conspiracists are taking over the thread again 🤪. All hail the McCann criminal genius's who managed to dispose of a body in front of the incessant media attention and paparazzi following them around.

• Heart

Afaik there was no sleeping meds/drugs found. I know it is a popular theory that the children were drugged but there is no evidence to support this that I am aware of.

Reactions: 4
Afaik there was no sleeping meds/drugs found. I know it is a popular theory that the children were drugged but there is no evidence to support this that I am aware of.
Don’t think they did any blood work to know for sure? Meds are easily disposed of.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense I agree unless there was something more sinister going on under the surface to cover up, but again no idea what. But the other side of the coin to me has always been WHY would someone randomly break into an apartment looking for things to steal, happen upon 3 young children and take one (because he happens to be a predator as well as a thief) and leave a set of twins. (This is what the accusation of C is, that he broke in looking for valuables belonging to tourists and just so happened to find the children) That makes absolutely no sense to me either. You’d have no idea who was in the apartment at that time of the evening. Unless he had been stalking them & watching the groups movements, but that’s never been an accusation either . The case as a whole has so many more questions than answers baffling as none of the theories really make much sense the whole way. The media seem insistent that they have the suspect in custody but again nothing ever concrete is presented to prove it 🤷‍♀️
But CB did break in to apartments looking for stuff to steal, he wasn't fussy who he abused and he is suspected of other abusing other children. He was a thief and an abuser, statements from people who knew him have supported this.
If CB entered the apartment, realistically he couldn't have taken MM and the twins. MM was a more convenient victim than a baby.

Reactions: 5
I can see the conspiracists are taking over the thread again 🤪. All hail the McCann criminal genius's who managed to dispose of a body in front of the incessant media attention and paparazzi following them around.
Th thing is, they did manage to go places unnoticed. They had set times to meet the press and then were by and large ledt alone. They crossed the border into Spain to hand leaflets out a supermarket (on a bank holiday) and the first mention was on their own blog. Gerry had at least one trip back to England that went unreported until it was leaked that he had saved a life on the plane and then had his wallet nicked.

Reactions: 12
I have thought from the start she woke up, and found her way out of the apartment to go look for her Mum & Dad. Someone either came across her and offered to help her find them (and took her away instead) or she wandered off into the road and had an accident, which was then covered up.
I believe the former, and that it was Christian B.

Reactions: 6
I remember it being discussed on forum's that the MacCann's agreed to do staged walks and photo ops with the media in exchange for being left a lone at other times, we have been led to believe that the wee girl disappeared on the 3rd what if it happened on a previous day, what ex pat gave the access to the church, what other thing's did they potentially give them access to, why did Dr David Payne feel the need to contact someone he knew in Portugal to supply them with pay as you go mobiles, what ever happened to the blue sports bag, why was there never any mention of their friendship with Sir Clement Freud until a couple/few years later in Kate Mccann's book, we know now that he was a "p do" Sir Clement Freud whose son Mathew of Freud Communications happened to be married to Elizabeth Murdoch at the time, who happens to be Rupert Murdoch's daughter

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If it’s true Scotland Yard detectives are to testify at the Germans trial we’ll know what type of evidence they have about the case and why it’s still funded after all this time.

Th thing is, they did manage to go places unnoticed. They had set times to meet the press and then were by and large ledt alone. They crossed the border into Spain to hand leaflets out a supermarket (on a bank holiday) and the first mention was on their own blog. Gerry had at least one trip back to England that went unreported until it was leaked that he had saved a life on the plane and then had his wallet nicked.
So Gerry went back to England in the days after Madeline's disappearance!?! How was this not noticed by the press?!

I remember it being discussed on forum's that the MacCann's agreed to do staged walks and photo ops with the media in exchange for being left a lone at other times, we have been led to believe that the wee girl disappeared on the 3rd what if it happened on a previous day, what ex pat gave the access to the church, what other thing's did they potentially give them access to, why did Dr David Payne feel the need to contact someone he knew in Portugal to supply them with pay as you go mobiles, what ever happened to the blue sports bag, why was there never any mention of their friendship with Sir Clement Freud until a couple/few years later in Kate Mccann's book, we know now that he was a "p do" Sir Clement Freud whose son Mathew of Freud Communications happened to be married to Elizabeth Murdoch at the time, who happens to be Rupert Murdoch's daughter
The were not friends with Clement Freud. He had a meeting with them after Madeleine disappeared. As did the pope. We’re they friends with him too?

The amount of misinformation in this case being presented as fact is crazy.

The were not friends with Clement Freud. He had a meeting with them after Madeleine disappeared. As did the pope. We’re they friends with him too?

The amount of misinformation in this case being presented as fact is crazy.
BIB
And it’s crazy how much misinformation appears to have come from the McCanns and co as well.

I think it was mentioned in the press that Gerry went back to the UK. I am not British myself, but I think he was photographed going back.

There was a documentary following the McCanns made during the time they had moved to the villa in Portugal. It was available on YouTube 5-6 years ago, I saw it then. Kate was distraught and she seemed to maybe be on some calming pills. Gerry was seen on the computer in shorts doing the campaign to find Maddie.

My point is, maybe they are just aloof kind of people ? It could even be they are the types that lie automatically to look better. I mean both can be true. Maybe they lied a bit to look better but the little girl just did walk out through the unlocked door and disappeared? I don’t think they understood how known they and the case would become. Sometimes the wheels just keep on going.

My parents were always worried I would walk out in the night, I was often sleepwalking when I was about 5.
---
That's interesting, cos I think it's the other way round -- the advantage of a foreign country is, as we saw, bungling investigations, which can happen in the UK (Sarah Payne) but not that frequently. With that much pressure, UK police would have found Maddie within a week. I'd imagine McCann's had been to Portugal a few times, but I don't know.
I understand your point of view. I don’t really think the police in Portugal were as bad as they are made out to be. But from what I understand the police first thought Maddie had wandered off by herself. I guess they were not prepared for a case like this. I think about the police in small towns being used to smaller crimes.

Last edited:
I think I've posted about this before with less information, but people claim that the McCanns drugged the kids because they had Calpol with them, a readily available and extremely common children's paracetamol which is used by millions of parents for their childs pain relief, including on flights for babies and children to this day. It doesn't cause drowsiness or put kids to sleep, it only acts on pain. In fact it is extremely common advice given by medical professionals to take things on holiday like Calpol and kids travel sickness tablets. They also still recommend in 2024 you take child antihistamines, which might cause a little drowsiness, which I mention due to the below.

This is all TOTAL speculation across SM and was never confirmed, but they MAY have had Calpol Night in the apartment. I don't think it was actually available on shelves until after May 2007 but can't find the source. It is same brand we all use today but contained both paracetamol and diphenhydramine hydrochloride, an antihistamine. Parents used it quite commonly after it's release to help children with discomfort at night if they had allergies, cough or a cold. A large number of antihistamines (including those used in Clarytin Kids, although a different type) MAY have a sedative effect in SOME patients but it's not guaranteed, just like any side effect of any medication, alongside a list of other side effects longer than your arms. Just like ANY medication does. It wasn't a guaranteed sedative and still isn't, and is not marketed as a child sedative.

Calpol Night was a common medication to give your children just like regular Calpol is today, and wasn't known to be a risk to children at the time so even if it was available at the time and the McCanns did give it to the kids with the extremely slim change that one side effect out of 50 or so would kick in, all they did was give their kids an easily acquired OTC medication. Calpol Night and other cough medicines for kids which also contained the antihistamine were marketed for 3 months plus until 2009 when legislation bumped limits to 2 years plus due to babies being negatively affected by it. It was withdrawn completely in the UK in 2010.

Edit: words.

Last edited:
So Gerry went back to England in the days after Madeline's disappearance!?! How was this not noticed by the press?!
I’m not 100% but didn’t he return home to get Madeleine’s toothbrush for DNA?
Apparently whilst on holiday all 3 children shared the same toothbrush! 🙄