Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After nearly twenty years there has been a breakthrough in the case and people are still believing that the parents did it and won’t believe it was Christian. Why not?

Here is what we know about him

1.He was a career burglar who broke into houses all over the area
2. He was a pedalo who has abused children
3. He exposed himself to children in playgrounds multiple times
4. He raped an old women in her 70’s
5. He tied his victims up and filmed the attacks
6. He has been placed in the vicinity at the time of the abduction by phone data
7. He wrote online something about stealing a small child
8. The German authorities believe he killed her and have some evidence but will not release it. This is apparently very common in German cases.
9. He left Portugal right after, after living there for years
10. A memory card with thousands of images was found buried on his property. What was on them? Why were they buried? We dont know yet.

This man is a depraved psychopath who most likely abducted her and yet people are on still going about conspiracies involving the parents, Clement Freud and he r body being disposed of in a Church. Please.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think it was mentioned in the press that Gerry went back to the UK. I am not British myself, but I think he was photographed going back.

There was a documentary following the McCanns made during the time they had moved to the villa in Portugal. It was available on YouTube 5-6 years ago, I saw it then. Kate was distraught and she seemed to maybe be on some calming pills. Gerry was seen on the computer in shorts doing the campaign to find Maddie.

My point is, maybe they are just aloof kind of people ? It could even be they are the types that lie automatically to look better. I mean both can be true. Maybe they lied a bit to look better but the little girl just did walk out through the unlocked door and disappeared? I don’t think they understood how known they and the case would become. Sometimes the wheels just keep on going.

My parents were always worried I would walk out in the night, I was often sleepwalking when I was about 5.
---

I understand your point of view. I don’t really think the police in Portugal were as bad as they are made out to be. But from what I understand the police first thought Maddie had wandered off by herself. I guess they were not prepared for a case like this. I think about the police in small towns being used to smaller crimes.
Drs are trained/ train themselves to cut themselves off from their feelings otherwise they wouldn’t be able to cope. Several family friends are surgeons or GPs and they have slowly learnt how to do this. How can you tell someone that they or their child is dying etc? That’s why there are high rates of alcoholism in the profession. I would imagine that is what the McCanns did.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So Gerry went back to England in the days after Madeline's disappearance!?! How was this not noticed by the press?!
it was it was all over the press, he helped a man on the plane over who had suffered a heart attack or something similar, also when he came back to Blighty he supposedly lost his wallet or had it stolen and he appealed for certain contents to be sent back to him
---
I’m not 100% but didn’t he return home to get Madeleine’s toothbrush for DNA?
Apparently whilst on holiday all 3 children shared the same toothbrush! 🙄
yes I'm sure he brought back a pillow slip from Madeleines bed
---
The were not friends with Clement Freud. He had a meeting with them after Madeleine disappeared. As did the pope. We’re they friends with him too?

The amount of misinformation in this case being presented as fact is crazy.
did they sit and drink strawberry daiquiri's with the Pope :ROFLMAO: they deffo weren't friends with the Pope, they used the Catholic religion to hide behind there fake facade of being devout holy and innocent! strange that in the days before they were made arguido, All previous info relating to the disappearance available on the Vatican website were deleted and emails sent out to Catholic Churches were told to do the same!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I don’t think anyone’s suggested they Calpol. Medised was widely available - and used - to make kids sleep.

Also, as a GP and an anaesthetist, they would have had no problem working out what to use to keep the children asleep.

Kate even commented on the twins not waking up with all that went on, even when they were moved from the cot. Yet they refused testing until days (weeks?) after by which anything would have been out of the system.

Reactions: 8
I don’t think anyone’s suggested they Calpol. Medised was widely available - and used - to make kids sleep.

Also, as a GP and an anaesthetist, they would have had no problem working out what to use to keep the children asleep.

Kate even commented on the twins not waking up with all that went on, even when they were moved from the cot. Yet they refused testing until days (weeks?) after by which anything would have been out of the system.
I'm sure it was reported over 6 months later before the twins got tested

Reactions: 3

Yes, they could have done many things, but is there any evidence - medication container, drugs etc - to suggest they drugged MM or the twins? Nothing I have heard of.
When I was a child I had a medical emergency after I was discharged from hospital after an operation, an ambulance was called and I was re-admited, the house was in chaos. My sister (who I shared a room with) and my brother both slept through the whole thing, in a small 3 bed house.

MM's parents had a strained relationship with the press, Gerry was combative and unlikable. The twins were not harmed, obviously only MM was missing, I can imagine this is why he didn't want the twins tested - I'm no expert but I guess you'd need samples quickly to get evidence of an over the counter medication.

Calpol has been suggested as something the parents used to drug the children - apparently there used to be a nighttime formula but this was discontinued years before MM disappeared.
Phenergan(??) and anti-histamines have also been suggested - as far as I am aware there is no evidence of any of this.

Last edited:
I’m sure that Gerry said in one of his interviews that one of the medications they had with them was Terfenadine, which is an antihistamine.

I’m sure that Gerry said in one of his interviews that one of the medications they had with them was Terfenadine, which is an antihistamine.
Was this given at the recommended dosage or to make MM/the twins sleep? I ask this because I want to be clear, 2+2 doesn't equal 5

edited to add;
Headaches have been reported in approximately 6% of treated patients. Terfenadine has not been demonstrated to cause significant drowsiness, sedation, or impaired psychomotor skills.

Was this given at the recommended dosage or to make MM/the twins sleep? I ask this because I want to be clear, 2+2 doesn't equal 5
How would I know 😁
I was answering the query about no evidence of antihistamines when Gerry had said they had some with them, that's all.

from personal experience I use Piriteze for hay fever, even though it says on the packet non drowsy it makes me extremely drowsy, whose to say the same thing could happen with the likes of terfenadine if it was used on the children

edited to add;
Headaches have been reported in approximately 6% of treated patients. Terfenadine has not been demonstrated to cause significant drowsiness, sedation, or impaired psychomotor skills.

Reactions: 1
Yes, they could have done many things, but is there any evidence - medication container, drugs etc - to suggest they drugged MM or the twins? Nothing I have heard of.
When I was a child I had a medical emergency after I was discharged from hospital after an operation, an ambulance was called and I was re-admited, the house was in chaos. My sister (who I shared a room with) and my brother both slept through the whole thing, in a small 3 bed house.

MM's parents had a strained relationship with the press, Gerry was combative and unlikable. The twins were not harmed, obviously only MM was missing, I can imagine this is why he didn't want the twins tested - I'm no expert but I guess you'd need samples quickly to get evidence of an over the counter medication.

Calpol has been suggested as something the parents used to drug the children - apparently there used to be a nighttime formula but this was discontinued years before MM disappeared.
Phenergan(??) and anti-histamines have also been suggested - as far as I am aware there is no evidence of any of this.
Well no there’s no evidence, or they’d have been arrested. But this is tattle so as with everything on here we’re just discussing different opinions and no one is more valid than another.

Medised was the medicine which is now discontinued, it was definitely available in 2007 as I have friends who used it after that.
---
2+2 doesn't equal 5
No evidence of forced entry at the window and positive alert from cadaver dogs could equal 4 though

edited to add;
is terfenadine still available? numerous reports of terfenadine associated cardiac dysrhythmias and sudden death have raised questions about the safety profile of the drug its been made a prescription-only medication the UK it is no longer available for use in USA and France, I wonder what date it was withdrawn in the above countries?

is terfenadine still available? numerous reports of terfenadine associated cardiac dysrhythmias and sudden death have raised questions about the safety profile of the drug its been made a prescription-only medication the UK it is no longer available for use in USA and France, I wonder what date it was withdrawn in the above countries?
Terfenadine was withdrawn 1997 as far as I can see

Opens up a question of why they had it at the very least

IMG_3442.png

Well no there’s no evidence, or they’d have been arrested. But this is tattle so as with everything on here we’re just discussing different opinions and no one is more valid than another.

Medised was the medicine which is now discontinued, it was definitely available in 2007 as I have friends who used it after that.
---

No evidence of forced entry at the window and positive alert from cadaver dogs could equal 4 though
No. The dogs are an indicator of points that require further investigation, in order to find evidence to aid an investigation and support a charge. The dogs alert, on its own, proves nothing.

Reactions: 5
After nearly twenty years there has been a breakthrough in the case and people are still believing that the parents did it and won’t believe it was Christian. Why not?

Here is what we know about him

1.He was a career burglar who broke into houses all over the area
2. He was a pedalo who has abused children
3. He exposed himself to children in playgrounds multiple times
4. He raped an old women in her 70’s
5. He tied his victims up and filmed the attacks
6. He has been placed in the vicinity at the time of the abduction by phone data
7. He wrote online something about stealing a small child
8. The German authorities believe he killed her and have some evidence but will not release it. This is apparently very common in German cases.
9. He left Portugal right after, after living there for years
10. A memory card with thousands of images was found buried on his property. What was on them? Why were they buried? We dont know yet.

This man is a depraved psychopath who most likely abducted her and yet people are on still going about conspiracies involving the parents, Clement Freud and he r body being disposed of in a Church. Please.
The most obvious answer is usually the correct one. In this case he fits a perfect profile of somebody that would carry out a crime like this.

Reactions: 5
The most obvious answer is usually the correct one. In this case he fits a perfect profile of somebody that would carry out a crime like this.
But, but, but ...
The parents were doctors, they must have drugged her and/or she had an accident, and she died, and they hid her body in another coffin after hiding her in their car/a fridge for days, in order to protect their jobs.
The priest didn't trust them, GM is cold, he must be a murderer, they have friends in high places 🤪🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t absolutely believe they were responsible - accidentally or deliberately - but I do believe that they were grossly negligent and they are extremely lucky to have avoided facing the courts on that. They are to blame no matter what happened while those children were alone.

Reactions: 22
I don’t absolutely believe they were responsible - accidentally or deliberately - but I do believe that they were grossly negligent and they are extremely lucky to have avoided facing the courts on that. They are to blame no matter what happened while those children were alone.
I think everyone agrees that they deserve severe criticism for leaving the children alone. The problem is that reading this thread and others that some people seem to think this is a worse crime than the person actually responsible for murdering Madeleine. It's a bizarre view that I can't get my head around.

• Heart