Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we’re coming at this from completely different angles. For me, going to the tennis lesson the next day is exactly the same situation as if she had died and then they’ve gone to dinner that night (which I personally think is unlikely), or she died or was taken while they were at dinner, and the next morning they put the twins in kids club and took themselves off to tennis. The day after their daughter went missing.

The washing of cuddle cat also astounds me.
It’s absolutely astonishing that they wouldn’t think this would seem suspect as well, the actual act itself aside. This is not how normal people behave. People are more distraught over missing pets!!

Reactions: 14
In reality we will never know, so I’m free to believe that she died accidentally in that apartment: I’m more interested now in why, when there is apparently such a good suspect, we are still funding the police year after year to the tune of millions over the years to go to Portugal. It’s now a con by the officers to get their trip every year. other children go missing and don’t have this much spent on them.
There was that weird „shrine“ thingy they found 2023 or 22 at a lake in Portugal near the place she disappeared. Wonder, what that was all about.
---
It’s absolutely astonishing that they wouldn’t think this would seem suspect as well, the actual act itself aside. This is not how normal people behave. People are more distraught over missing pets!!
Absolutely! This makes absolutely no sense to me. Either, you are completely broken down, and not able to play tennis, or you are the cold blooded doctor type, able to detach from your feelings completely, but wouldn’t be than as prudent as to think, what impression that makes on the rest of the world, all eyes on Praya da Luz?

Reactions: 4
It has been proven time and time again that the way people act after a traumatic event is no indication of guilt.

Yes definitely weird they went to play tennis. Does it mean they did anything? No.

They actually think Christian made the shrine. They did an underwater search of that lake looking for a gun and camcorder belonging to him.

Reactions: 7
It has been proven time and time again that the way people act after a traumatic event is no indication of guilt.

Yes definitely weird they went to play tennis. Does it mean they did anything? No.

They actually think Christian made the shrine. They did an underwater search of that lake looking for a gun and camcorder belonging to him.
Not looking for your missing child at all is pretty damning. Saying something like it was too cold and dark! Isn’t that even more reason to do it?
I’d be interested to look at statistics of how many people in tragic circumstances who put on matching earrings and go jogging etc. it can’t be very many. People do behave in weird ways but per se these weren’t weird things, they were totally normal things, just done in a very abnormal situation, which makes it even more incongruent.

Reactions: 12

Exercise was clearly how they de-stressed. If they'd read a book or listened to music, nobody would have been bothered. Would they have cared so much if they'd just gone for a walk instead of a run?

Reactions: 1
Agreed exercise may have been their way of coping but you miss the point of putting the twins in child care to do so and not taking any exercise to look for Madeline. Was that not worth a walk/jog round??

Reactions: 8
Exercise was clearly how they de-stressed. If they'd read a book or listened to music, nobody would have been bothered. Would they have cared so much if they'd just gone for a walk instead of a run?
If it was me I’d have been searching not de-stressing.

Reactions: 14
Agreed exercise may have been their way of coping but you miss the point of putting the twins in child care to do so and not taking any exercise to look for Madeline. Was that not worth a walk/jog round??
Maybe, at that stage, they thought it wise to leave things to the professionals? I agree that some of their behaviour was odd but I've never seen it as proof of their guilt (as some have)

Reactions: 3
Well if they wanted to leave things to the professionals you would have expected them to ring the police first rather than make phone calls to various others in the UK including sky news

Reactions: 7
Well if they wanted to leave things to the professionals you would have expected them to ring the police first rather than make phone calls to various others in the UK including sky news
The police were alerted quickly

Reactions: 1
Family members are discouraged from searching for their missing loved ones, presumably because it would be traumatic to find them deceased.
I suspect it is also to avoid contaminating any evidence as statistically you are more likely to killed by someone you know.

Reactions: 3
I'm thinking it's increasingly likely that Christian is guilty, but I think there are some reasonable feelings that folk have on Gerry and Kate.

Things Iike saying the window was jenmied, like immediately thinking someone had taken her. My first feeling would be that she'd wondered out looking for us after waking up and being frightened.

Also the twins not only sleeping through but for hours afterwards and not having them tested, I do think at the very least they made sure they were sleeping before going out.

Before Christian was on the scene I thought that Madeleine had woken up, groggy, either heard her daddy talking to Jez outside, climbed up and fell behind the settee into the tiled floor, hence the dogs scenting there and on Kates clothing.

Then I realised how much of an armchair detective I'd been and how on earth did they get rid of a precious child and even if they could, where and when did they do that?

So I do think it's back to Christian, and it's tragic for her family that they will never know.

Reactions: 8
It’s the fact they thought someone took Maddie while their backs were turned so you’d think they wouldn’t want to let the twins out of their sight in case someone also took them

Reactions: 10
It’s the fact they thought someone took Maddie while their backs were turned so you’d think they wouldn’t want to let the twins out of their sight in case someone also took them
That‘s what most responsible parents would do but then most responsible parents wouldn’t put their social life before their children’s safety so it’s hardly surprising really. 😣

Reactions: 10
That‘s what most responsible parents would do but then most responsible parents wouldn’t put their social life before their children’s safety so it’s hardly surprising really. 😣
They could have done so much good if they came across at interviews saying just this.

I believe they did say they were niave and believed it to be safe but to me that came across as deflection.

How much better to say that they had made a horrendous mistake and to impress on other parents never to do this.

Instead they talked about it being like eating in their garden, which it certainly was not.

I think that is part of their unpopularity, the arrogance of not admitting their part in what happened to her.

Reactions: 11
and why would you claim to your relatives that the shutter's had been jemmied when they clearly were not!

Reactions: 4