Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where does all this money come from?
The home office apparently and Ā£13 mill has already been spent on the case to date šŸ˜³ its absolutely shocking and if I had a missing child I would not be happy at all! It's madness

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Wow I have no words šŸ˜¦
I wonder if thereā€™s a specific reason, like travel to Germanyā€¦

If itā€™s so certain that Christian B killed her, the UK giving yet more money to it doesnā€™t suggest our authorities are in agreement.

Reactions: 11
Didnā€™t someone say earlier in the threads that itā€™s time for Scotland Yardā€™s annual jolly? šŸ™„
Unbelievable. Enough.

Reactions: 12
I wonder if thereā€™s a specific reason, like travel to Germanyā€¦

If itā€™s so certain that Christian B killed her, the UK giving yet more money to it doesnā€™t suggest our authorities are in agreement.
Possibly, they need to be more transparent with where the moneys going & coming from and maybe the mccans put their hand in their own pocket for once!

Possibly, they need to be more transparent with where the moneys going & coming from and maybe the mccans put their hand in their own pocket for once!
Definitely.

I canā€™t imagine my child being missing for a few minutes, let alone years, but this is surely just prolonging the pain now. She must be presumed dead.

Reactions: 5
I wish they could pay CB to admit it. To end this charade it doesnā€™t matter if he did it. At least that would end all the money being lost.

Reactions: 4
Definitely.

I canā€™t imagine my child being missing for a few minutes, let alone years, but this is surely just prolonging the pain now. She must be presumed dead.
That's a good point as aren't you presumed dead after something like 7 years? Has she ever been presumed dead? Tbh I gave up following the case years ago.

Reactions: 4
I always wonder how other parents/ families of missing children must feel IE Ben Needham that this case has had so much money made available still after all this time and not theirs.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
The home office apparently and Ā£13 mill has already been spent on the case to date šŸ˜³ its absolutely shocking and if I had a missing child I would not be happy at all! It's madness
But if the crime was committed in Portugal, any funding should come from that country, why is the UK interfering in the crimes of another country?
Does this usually happen when a UK resident is a victim of a crime committed abroad?

Reactions: 6
I always wonder how other parents/ families of missing children must feel IE Ben Needham that this case has had so much money made available still after all this time and not theirs.
Yes I do the same. There has to be a point when they stop. Money like this should be put into real use. Help to solve other cases. Maybe help children that still have a chance.

Itā€™s bonkers to keep chucking money at it in this way. Sentiment on Twitter rightly calling it out.

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2278.jpeg
IMG_2279.jpeg

Reactions: 16
I often think of little Ben Needhamā€™s family whenever more money is given to the McCann case.
They seem to have kept a dignified silence on it, not sure I could have done.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I often think of little Ben Needhamā€™s family whenever more money is given to the McCann case.
They seem to have kept a dignified silence on it, not sure I could have done.
Interestingly - Bens father was a builder and his mother worked in a hotel.

I wonder if they had careers like the Mc Canns would they have been treated differently by the police and media....

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Iā€™m intrigued to know how this funding comes aboutā€¦.do the police instigate it or do the McCanns? Can anyone with a missing child apply to a ā€œfundā€ for funding?! So many questions.

Reactions: 8
Iā€™m intrigued to know how this funding comes aboutā€¦.do the police instigate it or do the McCanns? Can anyone with a missing child apply to a ā€œfundā€ for funding?! So many questions.
I was wondering the same?!

Madeline Mc Cann's parents have saved nearly Ā£1million in a fund to help find their daughter as police are set to receive a Ā£100,000 grant of taxpayers' money to continue their search.

• Wow