Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cardiologist, currently working in research, isn't he?

I've heard stories previously that he's got a terrible bedside manner with no empathy or compassion whatsoever.
hes a professor at Leicester University but if you mention/ ask anything about Madeleine in his lessons or lectures he will have you removed from the course!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
hes a professor at Leicester University but if you mention/ ask anything about Madeleine in his lessons or lectures he will have you removed from the course!
To be fair I don’t blame him for that. There would definitely be ghouls who sign up just to try and get information from him on the case. You wouldn’t generally ask professors about their children during lessons/lectures

Reactions: 39
Wouldn't the other parents have noticed? The ones they were with in the Tapas restaurant ?
Why would they if they weren’t aware anything had happened? I don’t believe all of them know anyway. Matthew Oldfield soon changed his story to looking in on Maddie to only listening at the window when he realised he’d been left with being the last one to physically see Maddie.

The group were sat in the tapas bar inside a big plastic tent. Whilst parts of it were see through, it was dark and the part of the McCanns apartment they may have been able to see was the opposite end to where Maddie's room was.

Reactions: 10
I wonder if that is in the email pre uni starting, warning students, or if he mentions it at the start.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if that is in the email pre uni starting, warning students, or if he mentions it at the start.
The students starting uni now would only have just been born when Maddie disappeared, who knows if some might innocently say 'Have you got any kids sir?' if a lecture is anything about children, they'd not necessarily be aware of her case or who he is (and I work in education, I know students will ask allsorts at any time, sometimes inappropriate but in all innocence). I can imagine him chucking deliberate goaders/disrupters out and rightly so for the sake of the others education on the course not being disrupted.

Reactions: 6
To be fair I don’t blame him for that. There would definitely be ghouls who sign up just to try and get information from him on the case. You wouldn’t generally ask professors about their children during lessons/lectures
Indeed, I was just thinking the same.
Time and place for everything as they say.

Reactions: 7
I'd wonder about it but definitely not say anything!
I’m sure practically everyone that attends must wonder, the same for Kate if she’d gone back to being a GP, every patient would have had thoughts of Madeleine and what happened uppermost in their minds.
They can never live an ordinary life ever again.

I’m sure practically everyone that attends must wonder, the same for Kate if she’d gone back to being a GP, every patient would have had thoughts of Madeleine and what happened uppermost in their minds.
They can never live an ordinary life ever again.
Not necessarily. Not everyone knows about Maddie's case, we do so some assume everyone wonders, but not 'every patient'. They must have allsorts of patients, from abroad even on her GP list who moved here in the intervening years afterwards, they wouldn't be aware who Kate is or about Maddie. In Leicestershire especially.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t be able to trust either of their judgement on my children’s health and wellbeing.

But my 16 year old wouldn’t really know anything about them - so I guess younger adults might not be at all aware.

My 4 year old recently screamed for 3 hours in the middle of the night because of a very painful UTI. An hour of the screaming was in their shared bedroom and my eldest didn't wake. The neighbours woke up, but not his brother. Some kids can sleep through anything.
My eldest is like this. I've switched the lamp on and reorganised his wardrobe and he's not woken up. I've vacc'd and he's slept through. He sleeps through fireworks on bonfire night. For that reason I have no problem believing the twins slept though without being medicated.

First time poster here, hi everyone! I do absolutely believe that some toddlers will sleep through earthquakes. This point still raises question in this case I believe because (i) the McCanns have stated that this was actually an oddity (case in point, one of the twins had, according to Kate McCann's telling of Madeleine's expressed worry on the fatal morning, actually woken up in the evening and cried for his parents) and (ii) Kate, in her own words, kept checking the twins' breathing in those first hours post-disappearance as, according to her, she believed the perpetrator may have had drugged the kids. She actually had them tested but only a few months later (so any drug would have likely disappeared from their system by that point). I'm no expert on this case but I don't think most people would have raised an eyebrow re: the twins sleeping trough the ruckus if the McCanns hadn't themselves stressed out it was cause for concern.

Reactions: 11
I just can't believe they are still getting so much funding. Why! It can't just be because they have fancy connections and a bit of cash. It's so bizarre.

Reactions: 8