Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ummmm, 50:50 I‘d say, like most children. 😅
Here’s the uncle besides Maddie‘s face.
Quite the carbon copy.
I don’t think she was as bad as that, he looks like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t think she was as bad as that, he looks like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!
Imagine him as a 4 year-old though.

I really don’t find that man ugly. Just a normal, middle aged man.
Maddie was a very cute girl, but kids can be cute at the same time as looking like an averagely attractive relative. That’s not mutually exclusive. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Imagine him as a 4 year-old though.

I really don’t find that man ugly. Just a normal, middle aged man.
Maddie was a very cute girl, but kids can be cute at the same time as looking like an averagely attractive relative. That’s not mutually exclusive. 😅
He makes Gerry look attractive 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ive just watched an old interview when asked what do sean & amelie know about maddie they both immediately said she was taken by a bad man how do they know that? There was no evidence of abduction once the nonsense about the jemmied window was dismissed so why was that the first thing kate said “theyve taken her” complete puzzle unless it was arranged?
The first words Kate said when she came back down to the table were not “they’ve taken her”, but “Madeleine’s gone”. This was something that was repeated in all the Tapas 7 witness statements so it is clear as day. They backfilled and changed this later on, as they did so often on this case, and started saying that the first thing she said was “they’ve taken her”, which was the start of the abduction narrative which as you say was nonsense based on the fact that there was no evidence for this.

The timelines are also different to what the McCanns told the police which is also critical to understand the significance of what Kate actually said based on the witnesses statements as opposed to what they said later, but honestly it’s too difficult to summarise quickly. The James Bogart YouTube series is an absolute masterclass in sorting out exactly what happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know no one really can say what they’d do in that situation, but (along with the next day kids club) would you leave your two younger children in the apartment their sister was missing from, or would you grab them and keep them with you while screaming for help?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the only thing for me personally talking for the Mccanns innocence is that Maddie disappeared in a foreign country.

I do think an accident, probably happened and Kate feels more guilt. Maybe she tried to save Maddie, doing CPR behind the sofa, blood came out through Maddies mouth and got on the wall. Police did find traces of blood on the wall there.

But at the same time, it just seems so unlikely that McCanns were able to get rid of Maddies little dead body. That part is hard to grasp, Jerry dropping the body in a well but no one sees him, finds the body or anything. The corpse in a bag in the closet sounds very stressful for the parents. Even if Jerry is a cool person he is obviously getting stressed and angry when an interviewer ask them about the dogs.
---
If they were at home in Leicester it would be easier for them to hide the body, but in a small tourist town in Portugal it would be harder to get hide the body. I would have no clue as a tourist of where to go.

Reactions: 9
I think the only thing for me personally talking for the Mccanns innocence is that Maddie disappeared in a foreign country.

I do think an accident, probably happened and Kate feels more guilt. Maybe she tried to save Maddie, doing CPR behind the sofa, blood came out through Maddies mouth and got on the wall. Police did find traces of blood on the wall there.

But at the same time, it just seems so unlikely that McCanns were able to get rid of Maddies little dead body. That part is hard to grasp, Jerry dropping the body in a well but no one sees him, finds the body or anything. The corpse in a bag in the closet sounds very stressful for the parents. Even if Jerry is a cool person he is obviously getting stressed and angry when an interviewer ask them about the dogs.
---
If they were at home in Leicester it would be easier for them to hide the body, but in a small tourist town in Portugal it would be harder to get hide the body. I would have no clue as a tourist of where to go.
That's interesting, cos I think it's the other way round -- the advantage of a foreign country is, as we saw, bungling investigations, which can happen in the UK (Sarah Payne) but not that frequently. With that much pressure, UK police would have found Maddie within a week. I'd imagine McCann's had been to Portugal a few times, but I don't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That's interesting, cos I think it's the other way round -- the advantage of a foreign country is, as we saw, bungling investigations, which can happen in the UK (Sarah Payne) but not that frequently. With that much pressure, UK police would have found Maddie within a week. I'd imagine McCann's had been to Portugal a few times, but I don't know.
The Portuguese police were made out to be bungling but in reality they were restricted. The locals said they were annoyed their area was associated with this as didn’t believe any abduction took place. I think the scent in the car boot was telling so likely transported her poor body that way. The dogs picked up the scent but the McCanns were adamant they were wrong 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12

---
Yes exactly this and remember this was before Google maps and they didn’t have a car until 2 weeks after she disappeared.

Yes exactly this and remember this was before Google maps and they didn’t have a car until 2 weeks after she disappeared.
Yeah...morbid thought here but I don't even know if I'd be able to successfully hide a dead body in my hometown where I've lived since I was born.
Especially someone that everyone is looking for.

Unless they just dumped it in the sea?

But why cover up an accident? Like if it was a genuine accident surely they could have just admitted to that?

Reactions: 8
But why cover up an accident? Like if it was a genuine accident surely they could have just admitted to that?
I guess it would depend how much they wanted to cover up leaving the kids alone for hours on end, potentially drugging them so they slept while they were left alone

I guess it would depend how much they wanted to cover up leaving the kids alone for hours on end, potentially drugging them so they slept while they were left alone
But surely they could use their defence that they were 'checking on the children 'every half hour?'
Just wondering

Reactions: 5
It doesn’t make a lot of sense I agree unless there was something more sinister going on under the surface to cover up, but again no idea what. But the other side of the coin to me has always been WHY would someone randomly break into an apartment looking for things to steal, happen upon 3 young children and take one (because he happens to be a predator as well as a thief) and leave a set of twins. (This is what the accusation of C is, that he broke in looking for valuables belonging to tourists and just so happened to find the children) That makes absolutely no sense to me either. You’d have no idea who was in the apartment at that time of the evening. Unless he had been stalking them & watching the groups movements, but that’s never been an accusation either . The case as a whole has so many more questions than answers baffling as none of the theories really make much sense the whole way. The media seem insistent that they have the suspect in custody but again nothing ever concrete is presented to prove it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I think people tend to forget it was a joint investigation from the off with UK police (Leicester?) out there from the earliest days. It was the UK police who suggested Eddie and Keela who were part of the British investigation. You only have to read the case files to see just how much grunt work was done.

But that again is the benefit of a good PR/crisis management team. I’ll never forget the firm they used when they came back to the UK as arguido’s (Hanover rings a bell) winning a crisis management industry award for the way they turned public opinion round to sympathy for them by flooding the media with positive stories.

• Heart