Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The notion of them burying MM in the church and the priest knowing just doesn't work. It's like something from an Agatha Christie plot just not realistic. I think him saying "he was deceived" is because the police convinced him the McCanns did it and he felt deceived he'd been comforting them. I don't think that they killed their daughter but even if they did they wouldn't have confessed it and they wouldn't have buried her body there.

Reactions: 10
I'm shocked that even for a serious crime, priests cannot inform the police. I'd be an awful clergywoman because I'd have to tell the police and get kicked out.

Reactions: 23
The notion of them burying MM in the church and the priest knowing just doesn't work. It's like something from an Agatha Christie plot just not realistic. I think him saying "he was deceived" is because the police convinced him the McCanns did it and he felt deceived he'd been comforting them. I don't think that they killed their daughter but even if they did they wouldn't have confessed it and they wouldn't have buried her body there.
I think this about the priest too - too much was made of him saying that he had been deceived. I think he just eventually believed the local opinion and the PJ’s view that the parents were guilty and therefore felt deceived by them because he had publicly supported them.

I do, however, think that the parents know far more about M’s disappearance than they pretend. I tend to think that her dying accidentally due to sedation and them covering it up is the most likely possibility, but if not they know something about what really happened that is damning to them. Their behaviour is just too suspicious.

Reactions: 8
There is only 1 thing that makes me query their involvement and that is why keep pushing for more investigation unless of course they are certain she wouldn’t be found?
I think they’ve left themselves with no option than to keep pushing for more investigation and money to fund it because how would it look if they didn’t do?
If they stopped showing any interest it would make them look guilty.
Imagine being in that position, knowing the truth about what happened to your missing child all these years and having to keep up this charade for the sake of appearances.

• Heart
There’s too many weird things that could - individually - maybe be explained but all together it looks really bad.
The fridge
No DNA (afraid of drugs being detected)
The cadaver dogs
The tennis and the running
The phone calls to news agencies and other people

Reactions: 15
I think they’ve left themselves with no option than to keep pushing for more investigation and money to fund it because how would it look if they didn’t do?
If they stopped showing any interest it would make them look guilty.
Imagine being in that position, knowing the truth about what happened to your missing child all these years and having to keep up this charade for the sake of appearances.
They deserve a miserable existence solely because
They left THREE little children all alone so they could have a nice dinner and entertainment, unhindered by squawking kids
They do not deserve peace, ever

• Heart
Reactions: 33
They left THREE little children all alone so they could have a nice dinner and entertainment, unhindered by squawking kids
Indeed, even if they had nothing to do with their daughter going missing that really should haunt them, and the rest of the holiday party that did the same with their own kids.

Reactions: 14
Is the fridge thing really true though? No reputable media source published it only some blogs.

Apparently the fridge was absolutely tiny like you could never fit a body in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If the priest does know, he will be wracked with guilt. Even if he suspects but isn’t sure, the thought of the church being used to cover up such a crime must feel awful.

Masons would not surprise me at all. They had so many contacts that Joe Public can’t imagine, and let’s not forget in 2007 it wasn’t quite smart phones and easy internet like we have now. They already had the means to contact people.
they had plenty access to pay as you go mobiles, David Payne got a friend to drop some off , you can read about it in the case files,
---
I think this about the priest too - too much was made of him saying that he had been deceived. I think he just eventually believed the local opinion and the PJ’s view that the parents were guilty and therefore felt deceived by them because he had publicly supported them.

I do, however, think that the parents know far more about M’s disappearance than they pretend. I tend to think that her dying accidentally due to sedation and them covering it up is the most likely possibility, but if not they know something about what really happened that is damning to them. Their behaviour is just too suspicious.
burying M in the Church, I've never heard that before, although I can remember reading on a forum a rumour or a theory about an old lady who resided in PDL having passed away and her opened coffin being in the church the night before her funeral and the possibility that it was used as final resting place for the wee girl, the old lady got cremated,

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
This blows my mind that they did this.
I’m always the first to say people react to trauma in different ways, but having your young child ‘taken’ and then not keeping the others with you from that moment on is not in any way understandable.

They weren’t even with trusted friends, and it wasn’t even for something like a police interview (where you would in those circumstances surely insist on one parent staying with the children then swapping). Bloody kids club to play tennis and go for a run!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I remember some rumours at the time that Gerry wasn't the bio dad, that donor sperm was used. The children were all born by IVF. Kate said in her book that he was the bio dad when she talked about IVF but I'm sure she would say that even if he wasn't.
---
Exactly, to me it sums up their character. Leaving their precious babies in an apartment because they were too selfish to get a takeaway. Prioritised wining and dining. So what else were they capable of? A lot, I think.
---
The only charity was the "Pay off our mortgage" one and keep us nicely thankyou very much
That was a bloody disgrace. I don't believe the funds for that charity were used honourably
---
As Keela and Eddie are dogs, you need evidence to support their indication. Without that you have nothing.
I was disturbed at how quickly G&K dismissed the dogs. If it was me I would be interested in the evidence and want to know more in case it might lead to answers about the culprit

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I remember some rumours at the time that Gerry wasn't the bio dad, that donor sperm was used. The children were all born by IVF. Kate said in her book that he was the bio dad when she talked about IVF but I'm sure she would say that even if he wasn't.
---

Exactly, to me it sums up their character. Leaving their precious babies in an apartment because they were too selfish to get a takeaway. Prioritised wining and dining. So what else were they capable of? A lot, I think.
---

That was a bloody disgrace. I don't believe the funds for that charity were used honourably
---

I was disturbed at how quickly G&K dismissed the dogs. If it was me I would be interested in the evidence and want to know more in case it might lead to answers about the culprit
Maddie looked SO much like Gerry though. The only other possibility would be the sperm donor being Gerry‘s brother, because she looked even more than her uncle.

Reactions: 4
Ive just watched an old interview when asked what do sean & amelie know about maddie they both immediately said she was taken by a bad man how do they know that? There was no evidence of abduction once the nonsense about the jemmied window was dismissed so why was that the first thing kate said “theyve taken her” complete puzzle unless it was arranged?