Madeleine McCann #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think they murdered her but I believe she had an accident in the apartment and they covered it up
Its just so far fetched. Where did they put her body? Keep in mind they had no car and didn’t know directions anywhere remote. This was before google maps. Did they just leave her decomposing body under the bed until they rented a car weeks later? It would have smelled out the whole apartment complex.

Reactions: 5
I don’t believe for a second that Maddie’s parents murdered her. They loved her- and also how hard would it be to dispose a body in the country you live in with all the supplies- let alone a country you don’t know. They didn’t murder their daughter, dump her body and then go to dinner. I’m sorry, but that didn’t happen.

but they are lying about a lot. I don’t believe that the children were checked on as much as they say- I think they did dose them so they slept through which probably didn’t help as the children were so dazed when Madeline was taken. I also think that they basically gave her up as bait by not securing proper childcare and they’re so lucky all 3 weren’t taken.

I know other families had mentioned feeling watched on the beach and it’s obvious that someone was lying in wait and they made it so easy. They have to live with that forever now.

I think if they want investigators to be able to help properly with whatever little evidence is left then they need to start being honest.
Agree agree agree. They lied to minimise their blame in her being taken like saying they were regularly checking on her and had locked the door etc but I whole heartedly don’t believe they murdered or accidentally killed her. Neglect 100% and Gerry is an abrasive and cold man, but no direct involvement. As much as I think they should have been legally punished for leaving their young children for hours unattended as it’s neglect, losing their daughter is a punishment they burden for ever. Imagine the guilt.
I think Maddy was taken than night to be abused and murdered quickly. Trafficking a British holiday makers children from an affluent hotel to sell the child would have been high risk as it was clearly going to get a lot of publicity. And if they had wanted to sell a child / child re why not take the babies.
I think more likely she was taken from the apartment itself as a planned kidnap having watched the patterns of the family for a few days. I don’t think she wandered onto the street and was found by the wrong person or that it was a random by chance occurrence as it seemed very planned and well timed whilst the parents were at dinner.

Reactions: 14
I believe the abduction theory until I joined, years ago, a FB group. This lead me to the Portuguese officers (banned in UK) book and other evidence. I don’t believe any of the children were left alone at any time. Every night there was one adult looking after all the children in one villa. The kids being left alone and abduction was to cover what actually happened. We’ll never know but the parents definitely know

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Its just so far fetched. Where did they put her body? Keep in mind they had no car and didn’t know directions anywhere remote. This was before google maps. Did they just leave her decomposing body under the bed until they rented a car weeks later? It would have smelled out the whole apartment complex.
There were plenty of bins in the streets. They were not checked. They went on runs every day so must have had a pretty good idea of the area. I don't think they killed her deliberately I think there was an accident of some sort.

Reactions: 8
They had keys to the church so they had 24 hour private access.
The priest said he was deceived by them. Make of that what you will.

I’m just sick of another £100k being thrown at the case. Enough already.

I doubt we will ever find out the truth of what happened to poor, innocent Madeleine. Let down by the 2 people who should have looked after her and who should have known better.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
But if Maddie genuinely died accidently why not say that? It would be absolutely terrible of course but people die accidently all the time. If my child say fell over and banged his head and died I wouldn't think I'm going to prison because of this, I'd be ringing emergency services hoping they could save my child. I'd be innocent and I would assume everyone would think I was innocent.
I just don't buy into accidental death.

Reactions: 13
But if Maddie genuinely died accidently why not say that? It would be absolutely terrible of course but people die accidently all the time. If my child say fell over and banged his head and died I wouldn't think I'm going to prison because of this, I'd be ringing emergency services hoping they could save my child. I'd be innocent and I would assume everyone would think I was innocent.
Because she may well have fallen because she was doped up to stay sleeping. They may not have been checking as often as they said and so she lay for ages and that's why she died. It could mean that the twins were taken off them and their medical careers jeopardised.

Reactions: 22
I think its because she and the twins had been sedated every night while they had gone out on the razzle!

Reactions: 16
I am acquainted with a former journalist who worked for one of the tabloids at the time and was part of the pack of press that went to Portugal. The consensus apparently among the gutter press at the time was that Maddie died in their apartment and there was a cover up. Cadaver dogs, shifty behaviour, all indicate that the Mccanns were not being truthful.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Putting aside the possible sedation scenario, if your child fell over and banged his head and died when he was home alone whilst you were out having a meal with your friends do you really think people would think you were innocent and you’d not face any consequences?

Reactions: 11
Not saying that’s the case, but she might have been sexually abused, and that would have come to daylight, had she been found dead. For me, there are quite a few hints in that direction.
Also, I read somewhere, don’t remember where, and how reliable that source was, that they had the key for the nearby church, and therefore the possibility to smuggle her into a coffin and let her be cremated. Don’t know if that’s logistically possible though. Would the whole coffin get burned, without someone checking again, who lies in there?

Reactions: 5
I suppose MM and her siblings could have been sedated, she could have been sexually abused and then she could have died in an accident and then she could have been abducted by aliens and her parents could have covered it up but there's no evidence of any of this 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Because she may well have fallen because she was doped up to stay sleeping. They may not have been checking as often as they said and so she lay for ages and that's why she died. It could mean that the twins were taken off them and their medical careers jeopardised.
So it's better to say you sloped off to dinner and left your children alone? I don't buy the theory sorry.
---
Putting aside the possible sedation scenario, if your child fell over and banged his head and died when he was home alone whilst you were out having a meal with your friends do you really think people would think you were innocent and you’d not face any consequences?
Surely people think the same about going out to dinner and leaving your children alone and they get kidnapped. Why chose this excuse over the truth? They are both horrendous.

Reactions: 8
So it's better to say you sloped off to dinner and left your children alone? I don't buy the theory sorry.
---

Surely people think the same about going out to dinner and leaving your children alone and they get kidnapped. Why chose this excuse over the truth? They are both horrendous.
Yes, but for one the mysterious ‘someone else’ takes the blame. How many times have you seen things along the lines of ‘it wasn’t their fault, it was the fault of whoever took her’.

Reactions: 7
They did used to have something in it that made kids drowsy but I'm sure it was pre Madeleine disappearing.
I’m really late to this but it was Medised. My eldest was born in 2007, I never used it but have friends who did for their same-age children in infant and toddlerhood. It was definitely available in 2007.

At some point it was reclassified to be for over 2’s instead of from 3 months, and then again for over 6.

Reactions: 2
What really sticks in my brain is the scent found in the car, and the story about the refrigerator :(
Also I can't get my head around them happily going off to tennis lessons, what the day after MM was reported missing?
And the priest, the call to Gordon Brown, normal people don't do things like that or even have the options available! I just think this whole case is horrifically sad

Reactions: 21
Yes, but for one the mysterious ‘someone else’ takes the blame. How many times have you seen things along the lines of ‘it wasn’t their fault, it was the fault of whoever took her’.
The answer to that is - They should NEVER have left THREE children alone then said fiend would not have had such easy access. Simples :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t believe for a second that Maddie’s parents murdered her. They loved her- and also how hard would it be to dispose a body in the country you live in with all the supplies- let alone a country you don’t know. They didn’t murder their daughter, dump her body and then go to dinner. I’m sorry, but that didn’t happen.
Completely agree. WHY would they do this? What would the motive be?!

I know other families had mentioned feeling watched on the beach
Really?

Reactions: 3
What really sticks in my brain is the scent found in the car, and the story about the refrigerator :(
Also I can't get my head around them happily going off to tennis lessons, what the day after MM was reported missing?
And the priest, the call to Gordon Brown, normal people don't do things like that or even have the options available! I just think this whole case is horrifically sad
Even if you „just“ accidentally kill your child, it makes absolutely no sense to go to your tennis lesson unbothered though. Even then, you‘d be expected to be far too traumatized.
---
Completely agree. WHY would they do this? What would the motive be?!

Really?
I also read, that there were some pedalos around that are at that time.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Even if you „just“ accidentally kill your child, it makes absolutely no sense to go to your tennis lesson unbothered though. Even then, you‘d be expected to be far too traumatized.
---

I also read, that there were some pedalos around that are at that time.

Why after a suspected kidnapping would you go to your tennis lesson? 🤷‍♀️

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15