Made in Chelsea #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very interesting take. Never thought of Miles and Maeva that way before. But it is a new angle to the narcissistic supply in such relationships.

When they are together it is good tv for me. Maeva is one of the more entertaining ones in the cast in recent years.
Maeva is incredible TV but I do sometimes feel a bit guilty - she’s obviously a very insecure person and has difficulty in regulating her emotions. She’s all over the place, and in that respect MIC feels a little exploitive.

same when I was watching the Harv/Emily drama. It’s happened so many times - watching a girl (and it’s almost always a girl I swear) get lied to and gaslit on National TV, with it culminating in her being told he has definitively cheated and watching her heart break while the cameras roll.

it feels horribly exploitive and I feel a bit guilty but oh my god, it’s such good TV :cry:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Haha I didn’t watch the whole episode, the scene with Liv after and saying he doesn’t remember is ridiculous!!
Wasn't that also Mytton's go-to whenever he cheated? Surely they can't think girls are that stupid

Reactions: 17
Wasn't that also Mytton's go-to whenever he cheated? Surely they can't think girls are that stupid
when I first watched MIC I thought Mytton was incredibly good looking. He seemed to have a dry sense of humour and I could almost see why Binky was so besotted with him.

but I saw the guy in person in 2019, he scanned the room as if he was waiting for someone to recognise him or check him out. His face was red and bloated and frankly, he looked unwell. Like alcoholism unwell. He also seems super short and I swear he was wearing those trainers that have a big platform sole.

couldn’t believe I ever fancied him. He just seems deadpan and boring like Harvey to me now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
when I first watched MIC I thought Mytton was incredibly good looking. He seemed to have a dry sense of humour and I could almost see why Binky was so besotted with him.

but I saw the guy in person in 2019, he scanned the room as if he was waiting for someone to recognise him or check him out. His face was red and bloated and frankly, he looked unwell. Like alcoholism unwell. He also seems super short and I swear he was wearing those trainers that have a big platform sole.

couldn’t believe I ever fancied him. He just seems deadpan and boring like Harvey to me now.
Nooooo! You’ve spoilt Mytton for me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Nooooo! You’ve spoilt Mytton for me 😂
to be fair I’m slightly taller than average (5ft9) and terrible at guessing heights so maybe his demeanour just gave off short man vibes!

Jess Woodley was with him and looked unrecognisable. She was dressed bizarrely and had a massively puffy face. It was genuinely sad to see I hope she’s doing ok now, she didn’t come across as an unpleasant person on MIC iirc.

Reactions: 12
I know people probably find it sexy but I cringed a bit at the thought of Miles speaking French during sex.

Obviously no issue against him speaking another language just but just the thought of him using it in that context was a bit icky to me
A few years ago a French man told me that he says really offensive and disgusting things to women who don't speak French, and lets them assume he's saying something romantic and complimentary. I have absolutely no idea why he felt the need to tell me this!

Ever since hearing that I can't trust anyone who speaks to me in a language that I don't understand while he's trying to chat me up. I can't shake the thought that he might be saying something awful.

Obviously I'm not saying this is something all French men do, or that it's exclusively a French thing. It's just one of those anecdotes that's always stuck with me.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't really want to say much about myself on this topic which is why I didn't answer the direct question about being bilingual, but I speak more than two languages. I don't need the thought process explaining to me. I'm simply saying it gets tiring? That's literally my only point. Seemingly the exact thing you both are saying to me whilst telling me I've misunderstood how being bilingual works yet agreeing with me? [Rhetorical]

My situation isn't too dissimilar to Maeva. I don't speak French but likewise, on a daily basis I speak my first language least, being immersed into another country, language and culture etc doesn't make a difference to what I said in relation to James picking up a few simple phrases for her, if even only to show her it is a thought in his mind.
That is neat you speak so many languages! I read once that an individuals personality can change a bit between languages. Like they can be more serious or at least present more serious in one and then more jovial in another. I find it fascinating! Would you say that is true? I am from Canada and only speak English. I only took some French in grade school and some intro in university. My writing was decent but my pronunciation was not good at all. I am using duolingo right now to try and learn French again and especially pronunciation. I am also looking at taking classes through Rosetta stone.

Reactions: 2
Well I know its probably the least exciting storyline in MIC history but after seeing next week's preview looks like someone on here (sorry I can't remember who) was right about Inga and Liv falling out,

I've just caught up. Ruby was loving that Emily/Harvey drama a little too much for someone who "felt sick" to tell Emily.
Julius needs to bore off, I hope Tabatha never gives him another chance.

Is it just me who gets the ick when guys try to make their hair really high on top their head (like Julius) and then they balance a hat on top of it?
I dated a guy once who spent forever quiffing his hair up just to spend ages balancing his backwards cap on top and I just can't not be turned off by it 😂
Not just the hat balancing BTW, the amount of time they spend making the hair as high as possible also cringes me out too.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't really want to say much about myself on this topic which is why I didn't answer the direct question about being bilingual, but I speak more than two languages. I don't need the thought process explaining to me. I'm simply saying it gets tiring? That's literally my only point. Seemingly the exact thing you both are saying to me whilst telling me I've misunderstood how being bilingual works yet agreeing with me? [Rhetorical]

My situation isn't too dissimilar to Maeva. I don't speak French but likewise, on a daily basis I speak my first language least, being immersed into another country, language and culture etc doesn't make a difference to what I said in relation to James picking up a few simple phrases for her, if even only to show her it is a thought in his mind.
Didn’t once say you had misunderstood anything, don’t be so salty. I thought we were just discussing Maeva and I was merely making a point in relation to your point, which is kinda the purpose of the thread.

Yeah the heavy drinking has caught up to him now that the body is ageing and can’t handle the binges anymore. He mentioned on Jamie podcast, he’s on a 100 day alcohol detox.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Based on that alone is why I think her and Miles seem to have more Chemistry, he understands who she is in French, even when they speak English to each other; rather than her constantly having to pre-emptively mentally translate her words and intentions, I think this is another reason she can come across as abrupt etc too. Just my 2cents on it.
Oh yes 100% agree with this! My partner is bilingual and I have learned his language to fluency but still, you can nail all the vocab and grammar, translate perfectly on a technical level, but there are subtleties and inflections in tone that are EXTREMELY difficult to get right in a second language. I hear myself when I speak his language and sometimes my words come out abruptly or in a strange tone when I compare it to the way a native speaker would have said it.

You can tell Miles, beyond the arrogance, has a semblance of a good heart and some intelligence/emotional intelligence. In that respect, he’s miles out of Maeva’s league.

Maeva, for all her bravado, is deeply insecure. She’s outspoken and brash and confrontational because she’s desperate to hide it. She’s attacking people before they get to her first. In a very rare display of vulnerability, she hinted as much in the latest episode that her relationship with James is very one sided. She’s given up any life she had in France. She doesn’t have family in the U.K. and despite having lived in the U.K. for a few years now, she says she has no friends here, which makes me think she probably invests all her time in her relationship and not into making new friendships. James wanted to move to the countryside so they moved to the countryside. James wanted a collie, so they got a collie. James is dictating the pace at which the relationship moves, not Maeva. She bends over backwards to appease James in many ways, but because she’s outspoken and brusque she doesn’t come across as the cliché of what we expect a “doormat” to look like.

when miles said their sex life was amazing a few seasons ago, I couldn’t help but think, yeh I bet it was. I bet it was because Maeva did exactly what you asked of her with no regard for her own pleasure because that’s exactly how she comes across. Someone desperately seeking approval and validation from men.

she never seemed to love miles for himself, she just seemed hurt and rejected that he dumped her. She’s never gotten over the rejection because her self esteem is so fragile. That’s why she keeps going back to him - if he wants her back then she’s revalidated. It’s not about missing him or any “chemistry” they have. Thats my take anyway!

I got the impression that Miles loved how much Maeva wanted him back! One big ego stroke for him!
Wow this is a very well-thought out and well-written post! Completely agree on your thoughts on Maeva. I really feel for her because underneath her exterior she comes across as so vulnerable and has a good heart. Might be controversial but I really like her and I think she's really misunderstood and the show is edited to exaggerate her personality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I've just caught up. Ruby was loving that Emily/Harvey drama a little too much for someone who "felt sick" to tell Emily.
Julius needs to bore off, I hope Tabatha never gives him another chance.

Is it just me who gets the ick when guys try to make their hair really high on top their head (like Julius) and then they balance a hat on top of it?
I dated a guy once who spent forever quiffing his hair up just to spend ages balancing his backwards cap on top and I just can't not be turned off by it 😂
Not just the hat balancing BTW, the amount of time they spend making the hair as high as possible also cringes me out too.
Looool. I wonder if they do it to make themselves appear taller?

Anyone else think it's random Gareth seems to be the guy to go to regarding all this. I thought he was just in it as an extra with Ollie but he's playing a bigger part lately 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
to be fair I’m slightly taller than average (5ft9) and terrible at guessing heights so maybe his demeanour just gave off short man vibes!

Jess Woodley was with him and looked unrecognisable. She was dressed bizarrely and had a massively puffy face. It was genuinely sad to see I hope she’s doing ok now, she didn’t come across as an unpleasant person on MIC iirc.
Drugs. We camped near Alex at a festival and he was off his head all weekend. Very friendly mind…but most people usually are on pills and whatnot 😬 Jess, much the same crowd.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
100 points to whoever figures out who Cheska is talking about in this interview about bullying

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.