M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have 20% off women's trousers and the T&C's say :

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Excludes: Denim, leggings, joggers, offers 30% off and above, Brands at M&S, charity, sale and clearance items.
Ridiculous. Kids one doesn’t say that, but they still argued the point.

I would tweet the miserable gits and call attention to their terms and conditions.
tweeted!!!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ridiculous. Kids one doesn’t say that, but they still argued the point.

tweeted!!!
They've definitely got it wrong and are thinking of the adult offer, not the kids offer. As we know, kids wear joggers a lot so it seems stupid to not allow them to be classed as trousers.

When I complain to big companies I always google the CEO email address and email that as it's not the CEO who replies obviously, but you normally get a quick response.

Reactions: 6
So I tried the onion rings today. Had a 'duck it' tea and guessed they'd be around 600-800 kcals based on other family sized bags of crisps.
I checked the kcals. Wow! 150kcals for the whole bag!
I'm ignoring all the little red boxes and just looking at calories alone, but that's fab. A family bag of crisps for little more than a normal sized bag of Walkers!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
So I tried the onion rings today. Had a 'duck it' tea and guessed they'd be around 600-800 kcals based on other family sized bags of crisps.
I'm ignoring all the little red boxes and just looking at calories alone, but that's fab. A family bag of crisps for little more than a normal sized bag of Walkers!
Hmm. Wonder if Ocado do them.

did you like them? I loved them but I did find them a bit salty so I drank a bit more in the afternoon.

They've definitely got it wrong and are thinking of the adult offer, not the kids offer. As we know, kids wear joggers a lot so it seems stupid to not allow them to be classed as trousers.

When I complain to big companies I always google the CEO email address and email that as it's not the CEO who replies obviously, but you normally get a quick response.
they were really offstandish towards me and my husband, which pissed me off more! I’ll email that way. I’ve spent £100 in M&S alone this week, partly clothes and food. I usually spend £20 a week so I’m annoyed!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
did you like them? I loved them but I did find them a bit salty so I drank a bit more in the afternoon.

they were really offstandish towards me and my husband, which pissed me off more! I’ll email that way. I’ve spent £100 in M&S alone this week, partly clothes and food. I usually spend £20 a week so I’m annoyed!!
I always find M&S think they're a bit above every other High Street store. I find quite a lot of the staff up themselves! (sorry to anyone on here who works in store!).

I emailed to complain about the advent calendar thing been on the app only (as I don't use the app) but I never got a reply!

I think twitter is your best bet or FB where you can make others see what you post which makes them look bad, so then they normally do something!

Thing is, you have proof from the T&C's that you're correct, so I don't understand why they're not apologising when it's clear they're in the wrong? As I say 'up their own arseholes'!!

Yeah, I did. Even more when I clicked on that I was basically eating zero calories!
They weren't the texture I was expecting. I thought they would be those maizey things with loads of onion dust. But they were dust free and melted in your mouth like Skips do.

I don't think they were quite as amazing as others on here thought they were, but individual tastes are different. They were nice. And I didn't find them too salty or anything. I'd eat them again as they feel naughty without impacting on my daily kcals but I wouldn't get obsessed over them or anything.

Yeah, I did. Even more when I clicked on that I was basically eating zero calories!
They weren't the texture I was expecting. I thought they would be those maizey things with loads of onion dust. But they were dust free and melted in your mouth like Skips do.

I don't think they were quite as amazing as others on here thought they were, but individual tastes are different. They were nice. And I didn't find them too salty or anything. I'd eat them again as they feel naughty without impacting on my daily kcals but I wouldn't get obsessed over them or anything.

I’m a few beers in as my MIL has taken little one, but the butter chicken meal for 1 is just stunning. Perfection. Amazing. Nothing can compare

Reactions: 2
Little bit dissatisfied with M&S today. Went into store to use the 20% trousers and jeans offer for my son and purchased a pair of joggers for £12. Offer didn’t go through at the till, and sales assistant calls over the manager. Manager states these are *joggers* and not trousers or jeans, so the offer won’t work.

email customer service and they agree with the store. Terms and conditions don’t say that!

first time I’ve ever had bad service from M&S. however I still spent £50 on clothes for him and the £5 butter chicken meal for tea tonight!
I have this offer and just tried adding boys joggers to my basket and it doesn’t take the discount off for me. That’s really crap as it isn’t in the t&c’s and joggers are definitely trousers!

I have this offer and just tried adding boys joggers to my basket and it doesn’t take the discount off for me. That’s really crap as it isn’t in the t&c’s and joggers are definitely trousers!
It’s infuriating! I tried to get my boy the Spider-Man joggers with the discount. It’s rare I buy him anything out of the 3 for 2 range tbh!

I haven't seen this mentioned but would recommend it, it's really lovely and crisp - I've fancied it for ages (based on the pretty looking can!) but it's pricey at £5 for 1 so I've avoided it til today where my willpower deserted me 🤣 I'll definitely buy it again (on a pay day shop if it's a special occasion)

Attachments

Last edited:
Me and my hubby have -- £85 worth of products from loads of companies for £30 - Nivea is fine for me not this stuff. :LOL:

I always find M&S think they're a bit above every other High Street store. I find quite a lot of the staff up themselves! (sorry to anyone on here who works in store!).
😂😂 This is true. I'm staff in a Glasgow Food Hall and I talk to most customers like they're my pals, sometimes I overshare 😂
But definitely, when I go into other stores, some staff are so up themselves, then you pull out your staff discount card and most of them change and aren't so snotty 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The bang bang satay dip is delicious. I had it for lunch today with grilled chicken, baby gem lettuce and sliced green peppers in a pitta bread. 10/10 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 7
😂😂 This is true. I'm staff in a Glasgow Food Hall and I talk to most customers like they're my pals, sometimes I overshare 😂
But definitely, when I go into other stores, some staff are so up themselves, then you pull out your staff discount card and most of them change and aren't so snotty 😂
I worked in the M&S in Nottingham as a teenager, and my boyfriend got banned from the shop. He would walk through and wave at me or tell me when he was picking me up, and one day he walked in to be escourted out by security as lovely Senior Supervisor Debbie said he was disturbing the staff!

Had the Blueberry and Cherry puddings with some custard… absolutely bloody lush!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Got so many tips off this thread, wanted to share some of my favourite M&S purchases -

lamb samosas (I tend to mix them up and eat lamb & veg 2 each as a meal with some cut up raw veg),

loaded potato skins (with some roast salmon fillets, rather more substantial side than my usual steamed veggies)

and I recently also discovered their handcrafted sourdough from the bakery, my favourite sourdough bread, and that's saying something since there is a lot of competition from artisan bakers where I live - if only it came in half the size since for a single person it is a lot of bread. I am experimenting with freezing it, to see if I can restore the freshly-bought taste

Had the gastropub melting middle puddings with collection vanilla ice cream tonight.

Sooooo good but very rich

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.