M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats to @coconochanel for the title suggestion 🏆

Previous thread can be found here:

Quick recap:
We were underwhelmed by the advent calendar offers;
The sprout gratin was this year’s surprise hit;
Everyone wants to get some yellow sticker bargains but the savings are a bit stingy;
Party food becomes a focus again in the run up to NYE;
Gary Barlow can duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Popped in this morning , a few bits of party food with yellow sticker, mostly the cheesy beans on toast, not a turkey in sight. Very few yellow stickers, lots of panettone in the big box for £5. I bought some family packs of mash for £2.14 and three rolls of Percy pig wrap for £1 each, Christmas kitchen roll £1 and the Christmas flapjacks in a box with ones side covered in choc for a £1. My other food purchases were full price and not exciting! Lots of people looking at the New Years dine in but nothing I fancied. The main shop was busy with bargain hunters , the women’s clothing was rammed, I stayed well clear.

Reactions: 1
We had the following over Christmas

1. Gluten free christmas pud. I don't ever eat pud but my partner gave it a thumbs up.
2. Gluten free yule log. Absolutely gorgeous.
3. Pitta chips - omg so moreish, about to open another bag.
4. Sage onion and pork stuffing - bloody gorgeous, will be buying it every year. Was gonna make my own but got lazy. I love the fact that all the M&S stuffings and even the stuffed turkeys are gluten free.

Reactions: 2
I’m heading in tomorrow for my first post covid outing and I’m BUZZING, hoping to get some rose Prosecco for New Year’s Eve and some party food but sounds like it’s slim pickings! Hoping they’ll get a delivery in, seems bizarre to me that they wouldn’t, surely New Years is when you have party food?

Reactions: 3
Gary Barlow can duck off.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There are no pictures anywhere of Mr Barlow looking sad or angry. He is officially Mr Always Nice.
So here is a random picture of him with a light saber, I think it was X Factor or something.

1640793461406.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
He was on Jay Rayner’s Out to Lunch podcast, I had I had to turn it off after about 5 minutes.

I always remember when Robbie Williams said of Gary 'He was so tight that when he was in his car he wouldn't indicate to save the bulb in the indicators' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Had a grilled cheese for lunch with Cornish Cruncher, cranberry sauce and truffle mayo. Highly recommend!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We had these with dinner. Amazing. Could have eaten the whole lot myself. I bought it reduced ages ago and had it in the freezer, defrosted and cooked perfectly 👌🏻
Screenshot_20211229-174912_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We had these with dinner. Amazing. Could have eaten the whole lot myself. I bought it reduced ages ago and had it in the freezer, defrosted and cooked perfectly 👌🏻View attachment 949051
So glad to hear they cooked well after freezing! We're having tomorrow and I had also frozen ours. I was thinking of also doing roasters but I might not bother if these are super yummy!

Got a £25 M&S gift voucher through work but might wait until Friday and they might have stopped trying to flog the Christmas leftovers

Went to M&S to pick up something nice for New Year’s Eve… there were £1 mince pies, snow globe gins and f-all else

• Sad
My MIL gave my partner and I £50 vouchers each, he wants to spend his on clothes cos he’s boring af, mine is going on allllll the food. I’m doing veganuary so I hope they’ve got some new stuff coming in soon.

Reactions: 7
So did anyone here win the GB tickets or the book from the advent? 🤣

• Haha
Been in store to get some party food for NYE they only had ‘collection’ mini salmon en croute and Asian sticky chicken lollipops that was literally it!

so disappointing, next year I’ll remember and stock up early to put in freezer!

Went to my store today. Lots if yellow sticker beans on toast but still 3.19 a pack despite having a whole fridge going put of date today!

Picked up some steaks for NYE and some reduced prepared veggies for dinner tonight. Few other yellow stickers but nothing amazing. I was tempted by a reduced shin of beef but it was still £25 and I haven't got that much room in my freezer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.