M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
my partner ate them (I don't like mushrooms). She said they were disappointing. Would have preferred the plain bao buns and added some meat!

I saw them and decided they looked a bit meh in the flesh. Also decided they would be far more appetising if they were filled with pulled pork.

Has anyone tried the burger flavour spring rolls? They are in the party food section. I saw them tonight and I didn’t know whether to be excited or disgusted by them 😅
I'm disgusted by them. I won't be trying those out.

Reactions: 3
Of all the things they sell, M&S seems to be lacking (I presume due to supply issues) my two favourite products of theirs, gastropub chicken Kievs and full on flavour salted crisps. Oh well, my waistline may thank me but I hope they come back soon!

Has anyone tried the burger flavour spring rolls? They are in the party food section. I saw them tonight and I didn’t know whether to be excited or disgusted by them 😅
I was going to try the burger spring rolls but they have gerkins in and I hate gerkins.

I was going to try the burger spring rolls but they have gerkins in and I hate gerkins.
Yea the inclusion of gherkin puts me off a little and likely loads of other people.
At least with a normal burger you can leave that garbage out (or pick it out).

Gherkins are the devil, I can't even have them on the side, their disgusting juice contaminates everything.

I bought the dirty burger dough ball tear and share at the weekend. Not had it yet but it looks amazing, and for a tenner i would hope it is.

564931011_0_640x640.jpg

Reactions: 5
These were my fave M & S Crisps and I fear they've now been discontinued 😭
Used to love the sour cream and chilli ones until they changed the recipe and instead of being spicy they tasted saccharine sweet 🤢

Burts snacks do lentil waves in salt and vinegar flavour that I think would be a very close match - you can buy a multipack from Waitrose.

Oh they are going on my Ocado order RIGHT NOW

They sound amazing! I already have the burger sauce in the fridge after trying the burger slaw which was a revelation.

Why is everything so burger centred at the moment?! They are throwing it at everything. Burger spring rolls are step too far for me I reckon.

Reactions: 6
Had the burger spring rolls on Saturday, they were ok.. I thought they tasted a bit odd though.. probably wouldn't have them again

Why is everything so burger centred at the moment?! They are throwing it at everything. Burger spring rolls are step too far for me I reckon.
It’s a improvement on the Percy pig flavoured everything!

Maybe a Percy Pig burger is next..? I can totally picture the pink bun 🤣🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I got the family dine in today it’s 2 mains 4 sides for £15 + a free movie on Chili to the value of £5.50.

I got the posh dogs that come with mustard and crispy onions, pulled pork, ciabatta garlic cheese, brownie traybake, house fries and salad! Can’t wait to tuck in!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Today I got:

Wiggly worm churros with chocolate mud dip
Dirty fries
Some BBQ chicken tender things
Some post looking pork stuffing wraps that will stay in the freezer until the season

Couldn't find the giant Yorkshire puddings or fajitas.

Got to admit this time around I felt it was quite expensive for what I actually got. It seems like there's less to choose from whilst they're slowly upping the prices

Reactions: 2
I went today and noticed the prices seem to have really shot up.
I wanted the pumpkin cake and couldn’t find it. Asked a staff member who eventually found me one, hope it’s good 😋
Also got dirty fries, Chinese meal box, burger pizza, tempura chicken, fish cakes, and some fruit and veg. Wanted the Percy Pig noses but couldn’t find them.

I’m going into town tomorrow in search of the pumpkin cake , I guess this is my last chance .

Reactions: 1
I’m going into town tomorrow in search of the pumpkin cake , I guess this is my last chance .
Was in Oxford St store today and they had a big aisle-end display of all the Halloween sweets and spooky Colin and stuff, and it was in there. Not with the normal cakes.

I went today and noticed the prices seem to have really shot up.
I wanted the pumpkin cake and couldn’t find it. Asked a staff member who eventually found me one, hope it’s good 😋
Also got dirty fries, Chinese meal box, burger pizza, tempura chicken, fish cakes, and some fruit and veg. Wanted the Percy Pig noses but couldn’t find them.
The burger pizza is sooooo good 🤤

Got a question for those of you whose food hall is likely to be bigger than mine (it’s tiny) couple of times I’ve been able to get regularly up until the last few weeks. I was wondering if they’re discontinued or just no longer a available in my store (one might be because of incoming Xmas stock) or if this is a general supply chain/delivery issue.

Would love to know if the following are still available:

M&S “collection” goats cheese and caramelised onion tarts. (Used to be in a maroon box now in the collection blue and light brown. Rrp about £3/£4). Normally with quiche in my local but none for around 4 weeks.

Also been unable to get FRIDGE beer battered haddock (we have frozen but my dad likes to see the fillets) cod is plentiful but the fish department has been slimmed. Both the fillets and the haddock Kiev’s in the paper boxes have disappeared.

Lastly cherry Collins. Haven’t seen a bag of these since before the summer so have come to the conclusion they don’t exist anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.