M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Got a question for those of you whose food hall is likely to be bigger than mine (it’s tiny) couple of times I’ve been able to get regularly up until the last few weeks. I was wondering if they’re discontinued or just no longer a available in my store (one might be because of incoming Xmas stock) or if this is a general supply chain/delivery issue.

Would love to know if the following are still available:

M&S “collection” goats cheese and caramelised onion tarts. (Used to be in a maroon box now in the collection blue and light brown. Rrp about £3/£4). Normally with quiche in my local but none for around 4 weeks.

Also been unable to get FRIDGE beer battered haddock (we have frozen but my dad likes to see the fillets) cod is plentiful but the fish department has been slimmed. Both the fillets and the haddock Kiev’s in the paper boxes have disappeared.

Lastly cherry Collins. Haven’t seen a bag of these since before the summer so have come to the conclusion they don’t exist anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. 🙂
I will have a look tomorrow in (my) vast foodhall . From my visits over the last few weeks I have definitely noticed some items being benched for Xmas products. You could send them a message on Instagram too .

Reactions: 1
Got a question for those of you whose food hall is likely to be bigger than mine (it’s tiny) couple of times I’ve been able to get regularly up until the last few weeks. I was wondering if they’re discontinued or just no longer a available in my store (one might be because of incoming Xmas stock) or if this is a general supply chain/delivery issue.

M&S “collection” goats cheese and caramelised onion tarts. (Used to be in a maroon box now in the collection blue and light brown. Rrp about £3/£4). Normally with quiche in my local but none for around 4 weeks.

Also been unable to get FRIDGE beer battered haddock (we have frozen but my dad likes to see the fillets) cod is plentiful but the fish department has been slimmed. Both the fillets and the haddock Kiev’s in the paper boxes have disappeared.

Lastly cherry Collins. Haven’t seen a bag of these since before the summer so have come to the conclusion they don’t exist anymore.

Fridge beer battered haddock still exists in ours I think, I’m 95% sure I had it at the weekend!

the other two, I’ve never seen but will be devastated if they don’t exist any more because I need to try them.

just remembered something I really miss, beef stroganoff- came asa pack of raw beef strips, sliced mushrooms and strog sauce. It was amazing, haven’t seen it in ages… and the fuller longer stroganoff is awful now too

I’m watching bake off and they’re making Chouxnuts which reminds me of my most missed discontinued M&S item - the rhubarb and custard chouxnut. It was so good 😢

Reactions: 3
My husband did his M & S yellow ticket shop tonight and I got quite excited when he brought a Spiced Pumpkin cake out of the bag but he said - no it was full price :( but I am fed up with you talking about it so I bought one. The cake could have been better, a bit light, could have been more like Jamaican ginger cake but the topping was brilliant. I could have cut the cake in half length ways.

Reactions: 4
My husband did his M & S yellow ticket shop tonight and I got quite excited when he brought a Spiced Pumpkin cake out of the bag but he said - no it was full price :( but I am fed up with you talking about it so I bought one. The cake could have been better, a bit light, could have been more like Jamaican ginger cake but the topping was brilliant. I could have cut the cake in half length ways.
How big is it? I’m sensing it’s not very big? Do I need to buy a few 😂

I'd recommend the cheesy dirty fries - they cook really well and taste great.

The churros were a passable snack but not worth £4.

More goodies I forgot about

The choux buns filled with custard
The honey roasted cashews! They are covered in sugar, I always get the huge £5 tub at Xmas and demolish them
The stone baked mozarella and sun dried tomato pizza, it’s under 500 cals for the whole thing to so perfect if you calorie count
The diet Florida orange fizz

I got influenced by this thread again and bought the pumpkin cake! Agree it’s very sweet and the topping is delish but I think it could have done with a bit more spice. I easily ate half of it though :love:. It was with the normal cakes in my branch, but we only have a pretty small Halloween bit

Me again,

I had some of the family dine in tonight! The posh dogs with crispy onions and mustard are DELICIOUS, the fries were just skinny nothing overly special but they were ok, had them for my dinner tonight followed by the brownie traybake oh my days soooo good warmed in the oven!! 🤤

Reactions: 2
This thread make me so hungry. I would like to eat the posh dogs with crispy onions, dirty fries and a whole pumpkin cake before I go to bed . I’m getting virtual indigestion just writing it down.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So glad I found this thread. Has anyone seen the Camembert and tomato tarts recently? They’ve disappeared and I loved them so much!

The beer battered haddock and the cherry Collins are both currently available on ocado if that helps?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.