Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
Loads of fridge space in ours this week, our Sainsburys is the same, the ready made meals and stuff like ready made mash in the fridges all out of stock,
I tried the Plain Jane yum nuts this week, so nice and buttery, also picked up some of those big bags of crisps with the different shapes in, some Halloween sweets for the kids and a cute squash.

Reactions: 1

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
something that seems to fly below the radar…. Cheese and caramelised onion rolls, they’re just like the higgidy ones but larger. I often buy them as a fridge snack or for picnics
Yeah cheese rolls are nice. I prefer cheese rolls to sausage ones most of the time.

whisperchat

VIP Member
I seen it in store the other day it looks so easy to make yourself isn’t it just a cheese and tomato pizza with a round slice of mozzarella in the middle with an olive for the eye? I’d probably make a few of my own if I were having a Halloween party
that's actually a fantastic idea, thank you!

(obviously have no clue why I didn't think of it myself but heyho)

hydeist

Chatty Member
I’m at the end of my tether with Ocado , am a smart pass customer too ! So many subs , this week they didn’t even bother to sub half the items so key components of my shop were missing ! I signed up to smart pass because their slots were £6.99 unless you literally ordered at 10pm which is far too late for us … but seriously thinking about trying somewhere else !

it’s a shame as our nearest M&S Is quite far away soit’s where I get most of my M&S treats but it’s becoming a joke now !
This is why I stopped ordering from Morrisons, they just wouldn't bother to sub anything! They'd just email an hour before it arrived to say half your shopping was missing. It was particularly bad when we had to self-isolate and I ordered a big shop with specific meals planned out for the ten days, then so many of the ingredients were missing I could barely put together a few meals.

I don't know if this is just a standard thing during Covid or if we're both just really unlucky with our crap deliveries!

• Sad

coconochanel

VIP Member
I got the Clementine gin and the Marc De Champagne truffles for xmas. I also picked up the Turkey feast combo mix and they are delicious, they didn't have any of the light up house biscuit tins.

Yel

Chatty Member
Is the Halloween stuff likely to be reduced today? I figure it's more likely to be reduced once it's near the use by dates?

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Got the collection lemon and white chocolate flapjacks today! They’re really tasty. They are quite candied I had to break them before I could bite them but i will eat the whole packet and probably get another packet 🤣 they are expensive it looks like you only get 4 but you don’t they’re thinner so you get 8.

kev1974

VIP Member
marksandspencerfoodpr posted
View attachment 835503
marksandspencerfoodpr *Adorable Alert* 🙊🙉🙈 NEW vegan Boo Bao Buns filled with sweet and sour pineapple and peppers, decorated with an olive skeleton – they are THE perfect Halloween party food for everyone! 💀 Ideal for a family do or drinks and nibbles with friends!

#thisisnotjust #halloween #squealdeal

I've got those Boo Bao Buns in my fridge at the moment. Hoping they are better than the Panda bao buns were. And the popping candy jelly brain. Both ready to eat this weekend.

There were also some really cool looking ultra thin sausages that they called "wriggly worms", and the cool looking pumpkin thing below, which is actually a plate sized beef/cheese/onion burger inside the pastry. I knew I wasn't going to be near a fridge for a few hours though so didn't buy any of the meaty stuff.

1635515364430.png
1635515539186.png

Ravenstown

VIP Member
that's actually a fantastic idea, thank you!

(obviously have no clue why I didn't think of it myself but heyho)
If you have biscuit cutters in the shape of anything halloween-y you could cut ghost shapes out of white cheese slices and then tiny bits of black olives foor eyes and mouth. Like this: https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/haunted-pizza.html Pumpkin shaped cutters and you could use double gloucester or red leicester cheese slices for those.

Mustard

VIP Member
I have now tasted one of the Mac n cheese toasties as I needed to taste if it was worth the £5.50.

oh. My. Dayzzzzzz. Unbelievable. So tasty! Im not sure any toasties worth £5.50, especially if you’ve to heat it at home 🥴 but… if you want a damn good toastie it’s a good treat for the experience! The bread was a scrumptious sourdough, the macaroni was plentiful and the perfect texture, the cheese was the kind that strings as you take a bite; mouth watering kinda good!!

I will 100% be having the other one for lunch tomorrow 🤫 and keeping my eye out for them going on yellow sticker as I couldn’t afford that every week 😬 but overall a solid 9/10 with the point being lost on price!!
How do you cook them? In a frying pan?

Gairlfb

Chatty Member
I got influenced by this thread again and bought the pumpkin cake! Agree it’s very sweet and the topping is delish but I think it could have done with a bit more spice. I easily ate half of it though :love:. It was with the normal cakes in my branch, but we only have a pretty small Halloween bit