Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clickbait

VIP Member
These were my fave M & S Crisps and I fear they've now been discontinued 😭
Used to love the sour cream and chilli ones until they changed the recipe and instead of being spicy they tasted saccharine sweet 🤢

Burts snacks do lentil waves in salt and vinegar flavour that I think would be a very close match - you can buy a multipack from Waitrose.

Oh they are going on my Ocado order RIGHT NOW

They sound amazing! I already have the burger sauce in the fridge after trying the burger slaw which was a revelation.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
How is everyone's M&S looking are the shelves empty etc?
Hard to tell with mine sometimes. It’s a very small store with limited shelf space (some would argue it would make sense to move food to a separate store we’ve an empty unit that would be perfect but it’s never going to happen) so it’s hard to tell if gaps are because the limited amount of product on the shelf has sold out and not been refilled from the back (they’re always stacking shelves) or of they simply don’t have stock because of shortages/just sold everything they’ve got.

For me personally I’ve been able to pretty much get all the things I want/need to from M&S and what I can’t get I top up from Sainsbury’s/lidl.

HoGi

VIP Member
Waitrose have a 6 one and a 7 one, both the same price. The 7 one is harder to find in my experience. I like them both.

I don't know if those cheese strengths are comparable between different stores. I've always assumed they are just made up rather than some global standard for cheese strength but I could be wrong.

View attachment 833652View attachment 833653
I tried both the other week and I didn't think there was much detectable difference

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Got a question for those of you whose food hall is likely to be bigger than mine (it’s tiny) couple of times I’ve been able to get regularly up until the last few weeks. I was wondering if they’re discontinued or just no longer a available in my store (one might be because of incoming Xmas stock) or if this is a general supply chain/delivery issue.

Would love to know if the following are still available:

M&S “collection” goats cheese and caramelised onion tarts. (Used to be in a maroon box now in the collection blue and light brown. Rrp about £3/£4). Normally with quiche in my local but none for around 4 weeks.

Also been unable to get FRIDGE beer battered haddock (we have frozen but my dad likes to see the fillets) cod is plentiful but the fish department has been slimmed. Both the fillets and the haddock Kiev’s in the paper boxes have disappeared.

Lastly cherry Collins. Haven’t seen a bag of these since before the summer so have come to the conclusion they don’t exist anymore.

Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
I made the mistake of shopping hungry……. Sticky toffee muffin AND sticky toffee cake jar AND festive no beef welly sandwich AND cookie dough brownie bites, had to try them all, feel very queasy but the diabetes was worth it!

Has anyone tried these? Are they as good as the cinnamon tortilla rolls?
They are a hot ginger rather than sweet. Although obviously slightly sweet it’s not like gingerbread. My curry loving son absolutely loved them but my mouth was a bit burny after a few.

Mustard

VIP Member
I live in a normally busy seaside town and went into my local M & S at about 4.20 today and have never seen it so empty for months. I went to do my normal Friday shop and there were so many yellow tickets about I could not believe it. Not much I would buy like sandwiches, made up salads and chopped fruit that tourists would buy so somebody got that wrong today and the weather was fine.
Dinky Posh Dogs which are £2.75 were 80p and there were boxes of them (now in my freezer) lots of veggie and fish sushi for £1 (hubbies lunch for 2 days) and the pink iced jam fingers and lemon gluten free cupcakes were 50p. Never seen them so cheap before and we know when to go in there.
But there were no Chicken or Pizza week-end offers, the whole of that section was empty.
No Mojitos, just gin based cocktails.
Did you ask the staff why it was like that? Maybe people had stocked up on freezable stuff or it hadn’t been delivered due to delivery problems.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Yay they had the burger wreath! Going to have it later, it looks amazing. They had some really cute Halloween bits but my boyfriend was irritating me so I couldn’t have a proper look around 🤬

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I got fed up with Ocado and 5+ years, and switched to Sainsburys maybe 2 months ago.

it was constant substitutions, things unavailable and tbh I got fed up with paying more for the stuff I did get when I still had to go to a shop (our Washing tabs and the crates of diet are often “on offer” on ocado but I’ve recently worked out that there “on offer prices” are just the standard price in other places.. we’re actually spending a lot less than we were, which means I can justify trips to actual M&S to pick up anything we can’t get /isn’t available from Sainsburys