M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those having issues with deliveries, it may be due to shortages in store with all of the HGV problems?
I had problems with Ocado before the HGV problem and Brexit started. I once had about 20 items missing.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I had problems with Ocado before the HGV problem and Brexit started. I once had about 20 items missing.
Same, it’s been happening for ages… possibly covid related? But either way, Sainsburys seem to be delivering ok so my smart pass is cancelled

Reactions: 1
Ocado are definitely having issues with delivery drivers as per this twitter thread
not sure how long it's been going on for though

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I spread my golden blonde on a banana for anyone looking for ways to enjoy it
Just reread this😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Shared a chocolate orange cake jar with my husband tonight, so good but wouldn’t pay the full price of £4. I got it yellow sticker £1.80

At a school I went to we used to get these hazelnut chocolate bars and have them with a very small baguette. We broke the top off the bread, pulled some of the inside out and then stuck the chocolate inside before eating. It was the first time I’d eaten hazelnut chocolate.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I can highly recommend the cherry bakewell loaf cake, it was gorgeous. I was however,, quite disappointed with the carrot cake from the same range.

Just to add, cakes were sampled a week apart not on the same day!

I can highly recommend the cherry bakewell loaf cake, it was gorgeous. I was however,, quite disappointed with the carrot cake from the same range.

Just to add, cakes were sampled a week apart not on the same day!
No one would judge you for eating 2 bits of cake in a day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Found a tin of Merry Munch today! Daylight robbery at €12 but sure I'm worth it 🥰 Now I'll have to hide it from myself til December!
Also picked up a Victoria Sponge with raspberry jam and buttercream: very nice for a supermarket cake. The jam was delicious and there was plenty of it. The buttercream was nice and smooth and creamy, though I found it a bit bland. Probably just my taste: I prefer salted butter in an icing like that. The cake itself was neither stodgy nor remarkably light, maybe a touch denser than a homemade one the day after baking. Certainly wouldn't have paid €11.50 for it unless it was an absolute cake emergency, but for €4.40 on yellow sticker it would've been rude to leave it behind!

Got blinded by the yellow stickers
CC69CF96-83C1-4B08-B1AF-FCB1C74DDBB0.jpeg

These were good
unfortunately I didn’t notice the chocolate twists were free from, one mouthful was more than enough 🤢 bin

• Haha
  • Heart
Took me a sec to realise that was a Halloween themed crumpet 😅 I thought oooh that crumpet has a freaky face!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
anyone tried the eyeball pizza? I'm throwing a Halloween party next week and want to get some of their party food bits, saw the eye ball pizza and thought it would be cool.

Took me a sec to realise that was a Halloween themed crumpet 😅 I thought oooh that crumpet has a freaky face!!! 😂
Asda have these at the moment, also pumpkin shaped ones. The Halloween-themed crumpetty goodness is strong this year

1634042899352.png

Got the collection lemon and white chocolate flapjacks today! They’re really tasty. They are quite candied I had to break them before I could bite them but i will eat the whole packet and probably get another packet 🤣 they are expensive it looks like you only get 4 but you don’t they’re thinner so you get 8.

anyone tried the eyeball pizza? I'm throwing a Halloween party next week and want to get some of their party food bits, saw the eye ball pizza and thought it would be cool.
I seen it in store the other day it looks so easy to make yourself isn’t it just a cheese and tomato pizza with a round slice of mozzarella in the middle with an olive for the eye? I’d probably make a few of my own if I were having a Halloween party

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.