M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, are they so,d singly in the bakery section?
Yes! They are!! They’re with the raspberry and plain jane ones! absolutely recommend them!
Are yumnuts the same as yum yums? If so, they are so tasty. I haven't tried coconut ones, but I've had some nice ones from Waitrose.
They’re like yumyums but donut shape!! Ohh i haven’t tried the Waitrose ones! There’s no Waitrose near me 😭

Reactions: 1
Had an Ocado order tonight … soo many missing items again 😔 anyone else experiencing this ? Will have to go to Tesco tomorrow now !
I have, in the past, same with Waitrose. Did they give you substitutions? If Waitrose substitutes and you keep it you don’t pay any extra even if the item is more expensive. I found out that Ocado charge the price of the substitution if it’s more money.

• Sad
M&S trip tomorrow for pizza and whatever else dives into the basket. They do the best pizza. They better have Wensleydale and carrot chutney sandwiches in, not been lucky enough to grab one for aaaages, missed the last one by seconds last time I was in 😭

Much reduced range for Christmas, no cheese board, fewer side dishes. I still spent a lot but will have to go elsewhere for lots of things.

I think Ocado will be in trouble soon, I have just ditched my account after 16 years of using them every week and they didn’t even ask why or try to persuade me to stay. Probably cut my nose off to spite my face but too many subs and short dates.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Much reduced range for Christmas, no cheese board, fewer side dishes. I still spent a lot but will have to go elsewhere for lots of things.

I think Ocado will be in trouble soon, I have just ditched my account after 16 years of using them every week and they didn’t even ask why or try to persuade me to stay. Probably cut my nose off to spite my face but too many subs and short dates.
Did you pay Ocado a monthly fee? They used to do free delivery over £75 now they charge. They used to have slots for £1 (at night) now they are £2. Waitrose now charge £3 for all deliveries. It used to be free over £60, then they dropped it down to free over £40. I’ve got a lot of short dated items from Waitrose especially with bread loaves. Luckily I have a freezer but it’s not huge and I don’t think bread is good for more than a month in a freezer. Twice I’ve had frozen items put in with refrigerated items which means they’ve defrosted by the time they get to me. Waitrose have also stopped doing any bags.

Reactions: 2
Yes I had the smart pass and Ocado reserved. It’s a shame as I hate food shopping but I didn’t feel that they valued my custom and things were showing as being in stock and then not delivered.

Yes I had the smart pass and Ocado reserved. It’s a shame as I hate food shopping but I didn’t feel that they valued my custom and things were showing as being in stock and then not delivered.
It’s definitely not as fancy but I have a weekly delivery with Morrison’s and usually get everything I ordered. Occasionally get a couple of subs but on the most part It’s reliable.

Just tried the chocolate orange cake jar (it’s my birthday so it’s allowed at this time of the day 😂). I love choc orange but it was too much even for me. First spoonful was nice but i should have stopped there. Feeling sick now 🤢😂

I got the pistachio and almond all-butter cookies free on the app and.... accidentally ate the entire packet last night 😂 They're SO GOOD

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Did you pay Ocado a monthly fee? They used to do free delivery over £75 now they charge. They used to have slots for £1 (at night) now they are £2. Waitrose now charge £3 for all deliveries. It used to be free over £60, then they dropped it down to free over £40. I’ve got a lot of short dated items from Waitrose especially with bread loaves. Luckily I have a freezer but it’s not huge and I don’t think bread is good for more than a month in a freezer. Twice I’ve had frozen items put in with refrigerated items which means they’ve defrosted by the time they get to me. Waitrose have also stopped doing any bags.
I’m at the end of my tether with Ocado , am a smart pass customer too ! So many subs , this week they didn’t even bother to sub half the items so key components of my shop were missing ! I signed up to smart pass because their slots were £6.99 unless you literally ordered at 10pm which is far too late for us … but seriously thinking about trying somewhere else !

it’s a shame as our nearest M&S Is quite far away soit’s where I get most of my M&S treats but it’s becoming a joke now !

I’m at the end of my tether with Ocado , am a smart pass customer too ! So many subs , this week they didn’t even bother to sub half the items so key components of my shop were missing ! I signed up to smart pass because their slots were £6.99 unless you literally ordered at 10pm which is far too late for us … but seriously thinking about trying somewhere else !

it’s a shame as our nearest M&S Is quite far away soit’s where I get most of my M&S treats but it’s becoming a joke now !
I'm having the same issues at the moment. Struggling to order as half of what I want is not even in stock.
I've ended up booking a slot with Asda. We have all got covid so not like I can even pop out for the stuff that's missing. 😩

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

This is why I stopped ordering from Morrisons, they just wouldn't bother to sub anything! They'd just email an hour before it arrived to say half your shopping was missing. It was particularly bad when we had to self-isolate and I ordered a big shop with specific meals planned out for the ten days, then so many of the ingredients were missing I could barely put together a few meals.

I don't know if this is just a standard thing during Covid or if we're both just really unlucky with our crap deliveries!

• Sad
I'm having the same issues at the moment. Struggling to order as half of what I want is not even in stock.
I've ended up booking a slot with Asda. We have all got covid so not like I can even pop out for the stuff that's missing. 😩
Let me know how you get on with ASDA , we have had Tesco and Sainsbury’s in the past and they were always ok , but their range online is quite poor IMO , lots of cuts of meat etc hard to get !

I had a Waitrose delivery Saturday, have been having one weekly since about March time ( or whenever I could get one) . This week is the first in ages where I have had subs and not great ones at that. They were all returned. On the plus side I have a 23rd December delivery for being a ‘loyal‘ customer. I spend a big amount each week as well as I add my parents shopping on too. Don’t find it any more expensive than other supermarkets and their own branded items are pretty good too. The sub thing always baffles me, does the system offer pan alternative or is left down to the shopper/picker.

I got fed up with Ocado and 5+ years, and switched to Sainsburys maybe 2 months ago.

it was constant substitutions, things unavailable and tbh I got fed up with paying more for the stuff I did get when I still had to go to a shop (our Washing tabs and the crates of diet are often “on offer” on ocado but I’ve recently worked out that there “on offer prices” are just the standard price in other places.. we’re actually spending a lot less than we were, which means I can justify trips to actual M&S to pick up anything we can’t get /isn’t available from Sainsburys

Those having issues with deliveries, it may be due to shortages in store with all of the HGV problems?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.