M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this tonight, the ones behind were all on a yellow sticker too. Has anyone tried them? I’m not even sure how it’s heated up. I presume not to be eaten straight from the chiller? 🤢

I have to admire the carb on carb sandwich though.
The instructions for heating would have been on the back of the packet? Probably like the other heated sandwiches they do, open the packet and stick in the oven for 12-15 mins.

Saw this tonight, the ones behind were all on a yellow sticker too. Has anyone tried them? I’m not even sure how it’s heated up. I presume not to be eaten straight from the chiller? 🤢

Maybe in the oven, their cheese and ham toasties from the chiller have to go in the oven for 12mins! I’d quite like to try and this tbh 😂

Reactions: 2

Yel

I'm thinking of "panic buying" a Christmas cake this year just incase it's the two of us not going anywhere and they're usually good until next year.

The 12 month matured slab looks the best without the unnecessary side icing, but no reviews on ocado. Anyone tried it? I'd be disappointed if it wasn't full of brandy seeing as it claims to be laced in it!

565947011_0_640x640.jpg

Reactions: 1

There is a little place in Belfast whos thing is they only serve cheese toasties (they do like 4 different varieties) and the mac and cheese special toastie they do is apparently the most popular one. I don't really get it tbh! Seems so stodgy.

I had these recently from M&S and they were yummy.
1633606746101.png

Reactions: 6
There is a little place in Belfast whos thing is they only serve cheese toasties (they do like 4 different varieties) and the mac and cheese special toastie they do is apparently the most popular one. I don't really get it tbh! Seems so stodgy.

I had these recently from M&S and they were yummy.
View attachment 798318
Omg these fish cakes are god tier fish cakes 🤩🤩🤩

• Heart
I went today and bought 2 x light up shortbread houses with matching light up tea houses as teachers Christmas presents. Much more extravagant then I would usually spend but I couldn't buy one without the other!

Omg these fish cakes are god tier fish cakes 🤩🤩🤩
Tbh I don't think I've bought any of the breaded/battered fish from M&S and been disappointed. I used to love the cod/haddock with scraps too but I haven't seen that one in a while - it was delicious. Tasted like it was from a restaurant or a chippie.

Reactions: 3
Just back from my weekly visit, didn’t get that much, just odds and ends. Definitely more yellow stickers about than usual though, but nothing I was getting. I managed to resist another cake jar but got a scone from the bakery to satisfy my afternoon sweet tooth.

I’ve noticed - and this is probably in preparation for Christmas - they have a “hot cheese” section, where my number 1 favourite, the Cornish cheese bake, can be found. There’s also a cheese soufflé so I’m keen to hear if anyone gets that and gives us the official tattle verdict.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm thinking of "panic buying" a Christmas cake this year just incase it's the two of us not going anywhere and they're usually good until next year.

The 12 month matured slab looks the best without the unnecessary side icing, but no reviews on ocado. Anyone tried it? I'd be disappointed if it wasn't full of brandy seeing as it claims to be laced in it!

View attachment 798295
Haven’t tried one this year but usually buy the slab like this each Christmas , never been disappointed. It’s cake and alcohol, what’s not to like 🤶

Reactions: 4

View attachment 798295
I'm struggling with this idea that side icing is unnecessary ... 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Tbh I don't think I've bought any of the breaded/battered fish from M&S and been disappointed. I used to love the cod/haddock with scraps too but I haven't seen that one in a while - it was delicious. Tasted like it was from a restaurant or a chippie.
Agreed! Love the battered mini haddock fingers they’re so handy for freezing too anytime I see them on yellow sticker I stock up they’re so tasty for a snack with a curry dip 😋

Yel

I'm struggling with this idea that side icing is unnecessary ... 😱
On Christmas cake yes it's too much with royal icing and marzipan on the sides! It isn't delicious buttercream..

vegan-irish-christmas-cake-1-6.jpg

Haven’t tried one this year but usually buy the slab like this each Christmas , never been disappointed. It’s cake and alcohol, what’s not to like 🤶
The worry is if they've skimped on the alcohol :eek: I've got no time for dry (in either way) Christmas cake!

• Haha
On Christmas cake yes it's too much with royal icing and marzipan on the sides! It isn't delicious buttercream..

View attachment 798401

The worry is if they've skimped on the alcohol :eek: I've got no time for dry (in either way) Christmas cake!
Have a glass of something strong nearby when you have a slice, just to be on the safe side 😂

• Haha
I’ve got new sparks offers but they’re all clothing related 👎🏼
That made me look at mine after I said I had only got the flowers and lifestyle stuff and I have got 20% off joggers, leggings, tops and sweatshirts (y) I need some winter leggings. Also had Swimwear and Merino knitwear but won't be using them. :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.