M&S Food #10 Christmas treats are coming, don't set the bar low with Gary!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are the shortbread tins good quality? I need some new tins but so many of the ones you get these days are so flimsy you have to open them carefully else they bend. Certainly not made the way they used to be where the tin could be reused for 20+ years.

Reactions: 2
Are the shortbread tins good quality? I need some new tins but so many of the ones you get these days are so flimsy you have to open them carefully else they bend. Certainly not made the way they used to be where the tin could be reused for 20+ years.
We’ve just put our tree declarations up, one of the tins that some of the decs are in are v old. We have a quality street one that is years old and the size was double what they are now. My kids can’t believe it was that big and stuffed with sweets 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We’ve just put our tree declarations up, one of the tins that some of the decs are in are v old. We have a quality street one that is years old and the size was double what they are now. My kids can’t believe it was that big and stuffed with sweets 😂
They do still sell big tins of Quality Street but only at a few places and they tend to work out more expensive per 100g than the tubs.

I think people are so used to the size of the tubs now that anything much bigger seems too extravagant/costly.

Reactions: 1
Yes. I have a Stag one and an older chocolate biscuit tin. I use both to keep photographs in.

This is old from 2015, but they might be even smaller now:

Reactions: 1
Mixed results at M&S today. I bought the panettonut for an afternoon treat with a cuppa. Moley, are you listening? Whoever decided that these were good enough to go on sale as a Christmas treat AND at a £1.60 price point must have lost all their sense of taste through covid. Very underwhelming. Not enough custard filling, not sweet enough, and could really have done with a few pieces of dried fruit inside like a panettone. 2/10. Wish I’d bought a plain Jane yumnut now which is guaranteed deliciousness. Or even a small panettone, which I love!!

On the other hand, I bought the last pack of these really pretty baubles and with their 20% off and my sparks advent decorations discount, I got the three for £5.60 instead of £10.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Bought these - wouldn’t recommend. On the other hand, I DO like the Panettonut, so perhaps there’s no accounting for taste!
04E3E2A7-2A24-4FAC-AF50-3B97527E8F61.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed the panettonut too and mine had loads of custard in. Are they made in the store bakery? Maybe some stores are more generous than others with the filling 😅

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed the panettonut too and mine had loads of custard in. Are they made in the store bakery? Maybe some stores are more generous than others with the filling 😅
Can't vouch for this one specifically but when (many years ago) I worked in an in store bakery the jam machine could be programmed to deliver more or less. I was generous as nobody wants a doughnut with scant jam rations 🙂

• Heart
Right you lot I have a competitor insider tip for you as I feel like spreading Christmas cheer 🙂

The vouchers on the waitrose app are currently taking money off anything in store! Ive tried it two weeks in a row and can confirm that it works, they say that they’re for specific items but it comes off the bill for anything, so pick the two highest value coupons you get each week and give yourself a discount!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Right you lot I have a competitor insider tip for you as I feel like spreading Christmas cheer 🙂

The vouchers on the waitrose app are currently taking money off anything in store! Ive tried it two weeks in a row and can confirm that it works, they say that they’re for specific items but it comes off the bill for anything, so pick the two highest value coupons you get each week and give yourself a discount!
They always have. The free newspaper is on the app too

• Wow
Reactions: 3
yes we were discussing the other day in the office of how they were not only big but full to the top. Now you are lucky if you get about 12 chocs in them

• Sad
i used one of my offers today 😆 just on these crisps which ngl i probs would never buy if they weren’t on offer but they are bloody yummy

AA2ADCEC-42EE-4A81-8150-BD8DE3BC7CD6.jpeg

20% off skincare for me today.
I won't use it as I recently stocked up on my own favourite bits and don't need any lotions and potions to give anyone else as gifts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.