M&S Food #10 Christmas treats are coming, don't set the bar low with Gary!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread thanks to @I_Like_Tractors for the winning thread title. (y) recap for newbies.....

We still want better Sparks offers
We all want the chocolate bar a day advent calender
Someone came in and said M&S people read the threads so now we think there is a mole amongst usšŸ‘‹
and we don't want Gary Barlow tickets!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Best healthy food from M&S anyone ??
Their fresh fruit and veg is by far the best quality and a lot is reasonably priced now as well- potatoes, carrots and brocoli are cheaper than aldi and sainsburys at my local one. Just avoid the crisps and biccy aisle, I can't resist buying a few bits!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Best healthy food from M&S anyone ??
Whatā€™s your definition of healthy? Gluten free? Veggie/vegan? Low carb? High fibre? Unprocessed?

My current favourite is the slaw from the fresh counter, itā€™s not mayo based which is a welcome change, Iā€™ll buy some fresh rotisserie chicken and a pre packed salad box, easy weeknight dinner. Just be wary of the juices/smoothies on the fresh counter as theyā€™re not actually fresh, they look pretty but itā€™s worse for you than a bottle of full fat Coke!

Their fresh fruit and veg is by far the best quality and a lot is reasonably priced now as well- potatoes, carrots and brocoli are cheaper than aldi and sainsburys at my local one. Just avoid the crisps and biccy aisle, I can't resist buying a few bits!
Not enough loose fruit and veg (at my store anyway).

Reactions: 2
I love their salad tomatoes (75p) and bag of white potatoes (95p).

Reactions: 1
M&S cheddar cheese is cheaper than Asda's. I couldn't believe it when I saw Asda's was Ā£3!

Reactions: 8
Not food related but can the mole please feed back the M&S app desperately needs a wish list function! The website has one but not the app and itā€™s such a pain.

Reactions: 11
Not food related at all, but would anyone recommend the sofas from M&S? They have some offers on just now.
I would be interested to know too.

We looked earlier in the year the prices and options look really reasonable and the delivery times are better than many companies. Plus M&S are known for good customer service should something go wrong.

Our problem was we want to sit on it beforehand and they don't have them in stores. Even the bigger ones at Stratford etc don't have them ā˜¹

Reactions: 3
Find a sofa you like on the website, make a note of the product code, contact customer services, the furniture team specifically, and they should be able to tell you which stores have that sofa on display for you to go and sit on

Find a sofa you like on the website, make a note of the product code, contact customer services, the furniture team specifically, and they should be able to tell you which stores have that sofa on display for you to go and sit on

Ok Moley, crisp rant incomingā€¦.

For the love of ready salted, WHY are M&S continuing to add flavours to the basic crisps that then sit on full shelves, while the ready salted has been in and out of stock since before covid??? Iā€™m quite sure ready salted are better sellers than roast beef for Worcester sauce flavours? They manage to get the Full on Flavour ready salted into multipacks but the big bag nowhere to be seen. The multipacks of 6 are Ā£2.15 sp not good value compared to the big bag at Ā£1.60. My waistline is benefitting from this lack of snackage, but my soul is suffering. They are the best ā€œnormalā€ crisps on the market. Oh, and Iā€™ve tried the reduced fat crinkle versions and they are not the same. I think they are reconstituted potato a bit like Pringles. šŸ˜’
C534AFF3-ACE4-4CEB-A3D5-663CF6B2C820.jpeg

• Sad
Ok Moley, crisp rant incomingā€¦.

For the love of ready salted, WHY are M&S continuing to add flavours to the basic crisps that then sit on full shelves, while the ready salted has been in and out of stock since before covid??? Iā€™m quite sure ready salted are better sellers than roast beef for Worcester sauce flavours? They manage to get the Full on Flavour ready salted into multipacks but the big bag nowhere to be seen. The multipacks of 6 are Ā£2.15 sp not good value compared to the big bag at Ā£1.60. My waistline is benefitting from this lack of snackage, but my soul is suffering. They are the best ā€œnormalā€ crisps on the market. Oh, and Iā€™ve tried the reduced fat crinkle versions and they are not the same. I think they are reconstituted potato a bit like Pringles. šŸ˜’View attachment 1746153
The Worcester sauce ones aren't even that great, I was disappointed šŸ˜”

• Sad
You know a suspicious amount about M&S sofas.
There, I said it šŸ˜
Lol, I found that one out as I also was on the hunt for the sofa sit test pre-covid!

Btwā€¦ā€¦ M&S donā€™t manufacture their own sofasā€¦. I canā€™t name names but a well known search engine easily provides the answers to who does, and they happen to have a warehouse with 70% off any current stockā€¦. They also make John Lewis sofas, and honestly the markup on both is shocking!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.