Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

misshydrangea

So she thinks she’s a good writer. Hmmmmmm. If she writes how she talks then I’d beg to fucking differ.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Hungarianka

VIP Member
If you listen closely. She sounds exactly like Josephine and vice versa. Ignore the different dialects. The words gestures etc is very much the same format as each other. Other Youtubers are like that too. Unfortunately I can’t listen too much to her because she talks far too quickly for my old Hungarian Transylvanian brain to manage. I got such a headache after going through her videos. She’s too loud and too fast. If I mute her and put subtitles on that might work. It’s something she needs to work on, speech therapists are brilliant for that.

Unfortunately she reminds me of Lee Mack describing how adverts are where I live (Sydney, Australia) about buying a shed or a carpet. Search on YouTube Lee Mack carpet or sheds and listen to his impression. That speed, aggression and verbal diatribe all at once is what she sounds like to my ears. I remember when I first started learning English it sounded like listening to how the characters in the Sims would speak, no disrespect at all but I was quite old learning it. 27 and I learnt from watching Brookside and Eastenders also watching the News every night with subtitles. I had a slight Liverpudlian twang layered with Estuary and Michael Buerk’s pronunciations on the stress of the vowels. A beautiful combination and one I’m proud of then I learnt Received Pronunciation as you couldn’t get a job back then with a dialect and definitely not my natural accent. Thank G-d times have progressed. Accents are wonderful and important but diction is just as crucial and timing of speech. Freddy also suffers from bad timing and heavy usage of words to keep in her mind the conversation flowing. There should be laws against using just in a sentence 10 times in 5 minutes and literally. Abuse of words and their usage is a telling sign of level of education. Laziness is another factor. Articulation is a magical power to possess and one Youtubers need a crash course in. In my experience I’d like to say I’m fluent and I can detect dialects very easily and articulate. Although to some I probably drone on. Anyway that is how she sounds to my ears even now. Good old Lee Mack

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

Julia123

VIP Member
Mkay Lydia... partnership with food storage aka Tupperware. We alllll know this is your real next chapter. The premium brands have moved on. “Luxury blogger self sabotaged You tuber shilling Tupperware” is the real headline 🙄

249AABD1-9847-4FFE-82D0-6D8242F2ABDD.png

F2CD4B94-A6AC-4567-B806-F952F03847D8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

happyforest

Chatty Member
Blah blah blah, veg talk, rebranding, she's FINALLY happy with the new blog design, dumps on the past design (which she claimed to love at the time), blah blah blah, grinding her teeth trying to remember to be nice to Porter, drinking wine, slagging a facial cleanser, blah blah blah, fanging people's inability to appreciate the vision of the bathroom of dumps.

This is how she gardens in this vlog. Milk maid erotica and uncomfortably, tightly cinched fleece get up. Loads of extra limestone flooring behind the greedhouse. Not as luxe as the Head and Shoulders shampoo on the T I N Y tray in the shower of dreams.

And ending with not bothering to close drawers and tidy up the vanity of dreams. Next to an open toilet, seriously, even the seat is up.

There is absolutely no luck in the bungalow.
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.55.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.57.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.57.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.56.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.50.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.48.55 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Thank you to our mistress of the one liner @Dobs for yet another great thread title.
Welcome to this crazy, fast moving thread. Newbies please check out The WIKI (red button at top of page) for all things Lidl.

Quick recap....Lidl is shopping on Amazon, but wearing £2k frocks to buy a loaf at Daylesford farm shop and have a BBQ with Josie. Ali is excited about a strimmer that came quickly and has now been allowed in the Greedhouse. Poor little Porter is crying and barking in the background and his plight is attracting negative comments.

Meanwhile, plans are well underway for our summer event...

Don't miss out...put your name down with event planner @Oops...

🌠🌠DOWNTONBURY FESTIVAL - 2021 - MORE NEWS - MORE VIP’s 🌠🌠

We have more Acts in our line up...

Oblivious Neutron Bomb will be appearing in the Alitex Greenhouse
Clifford Rich-Ard is booked to appear to duet with ONB (Xanadu, We Don’t Talk Anymore)
The Cocker-Spaniel Sniffer Dog Posse ft Ja Vis

DJ Market Garden will play a 2 hour set on the @Miscanthus RHS Stage

An unexpected phenomenon appears to be taking place inasmuch as Brands are hearing about our 🌠 Festival🌠. I am happy to announce a new listing which I hope a member will kindly keep a record of and publish from time to time. OG Volunteer Required please for recording...

KINDLY GIFTED.

Top of the range Alitex Greenhouse
Massive ‘Friends Type‘ Water Fountain - Secret Benefactor
Free Raised Bed to all Attendees - Harrod Horticulture
The Government - Free rail travel to 🌠DOWNTONBURY FESTIVAL🌠plus Fleece-on-a-Seat goody bag
4 Marble Tables and 1 Marquee courtesy of @Lady Chat

It has been recommended that we should have Awards at the end. It is to be hoped that some talented member may wish to design some awards.

The Design a ‘T’ Shirt Competition is flourishing with members submitting their hilarious designs. @Miscanthus is keeping a record of the T shirts and the number of votes they receive. The prize for the winner is a -HAIRNETS- ‘Goody’ Bag.

Those with a birthday in June may like to announce this and join @Margo Polo in our ‘Queen For A Month Celebrations’ by wearing a gilded Crown supplied by Garrard and a silk sash supplied by Sacha Mentii from our Wardrobe Department. A dropped curtsy every time we pass a Queen at 🌠 DOWNTONBURY 🌠is of course mandatory since it is only good manners.

Most Recent VIP Members include.

@Stefano - Utterly Butterly...Unplugged - Pearl Clutcher’s Tent
@becky bloomwood - How to Belt Up - Styling Workshop - Dog Safety Tent
@Allexie01 - Here’s Me Head...Me Broken Ankles Are Following - First Aid Stomp Tent
@misshydrangea - Cor! Value Diary Management - INFJ Tent
@Lionessarising - Herbs To Hide Under Ketchup - The Basil Tent
@Al Fresco - ESPAragus Tips - Veggie Meets Beauty Tent
@FlorrieB - Prizes for Deciphering F&B Black Panels - Black Tent
@yucklydia - Too Tight To Breathe - Belt Trilogy Tent
@Tinytur - Treatment of Husbands in Vlogging - Condescension Tent
@munchie - Eye-Rolling in A Yurt - Projection Tent
@Fionaelf13 - The Small Big Jobs - Big Small Job Tent
@Glóbylydl - How To Wear Black Vegan Leather With a ZIP - Monogrammed Fastener Tent
@Miss KW - Great Philosophy...Living Your Truth - Better Than Aristotle Tent

This list is not exhaustive of course and there will be more to come.

To be continued...;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry

coconochanel

VIP Member
She needs to decide what direction she wants to go, you cant say you are a LUXURY FASHION blogger then upload a 45minute vlog full of gardening! If I was still a fan Id have turned off by now as her fashion sense has gone to shit and when she does upload anything fashion related its all floaty flowery dresses (clinched in with HEREMES BELT OBV) or cheap Nastygal shit no thanks! and if I wanted garden info it wouldn't be her Id be watching!

• Haha
  • Heart

Dobs

I’m finding her to be more of a vile human being as each flog goes on. This week has just been the icing.. her treatment of Porter and her utter ignorance at what is going on in the world right now.
She has 800k plus followers on YouTube and she’s preaching about not listening to the news and having complete disinterest in the world right now. I totally get the news is depressing but a 5 minute scroll to keep up to date?!
As usual Lydia proving what a narcissist she really is.. if it’s not about her she’s doesn’t want to know.
How can her friends be around an uneducated self absorbed idiot who had no idea COVID was killing SO many around the world?! As long as Lidl can go and buy shitty wooden blocks it’s all good for her.
Use your channel to make a difference you useless woman, you’ve proven what a shitty person you are this last year!

• Heart

Dobs

Thank you to our absolutely incredible @Miscanthus for taking the time to create the thread! Thank you all again for the love on my thread suggestions, I think this is my 8th one now 😮. I find them so amusing to come up with! -- To celebrate I'm off to neck a bottle of Moet order a Dominos all whilst keeping my Prada boots on ;)

P.S I'll be attending DOWNTONBURY FESTIVAL 🍷

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

Newbieloubie

I couldn’t help but wonder is this sort of lifestyle she had in her mind 4-5 years ago, trying (and failing) in becoming a gardener. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy gardening myself, but she has had such a glamorous lifestyle. You would think that would evolve to someting bigger to her. Instead she had one or two (may I say failed) collabs with KM and for the rest of her time, she is at home doing nothing (only promoting H&M and nastygal). And her time as a influencer is seriously running out. What goes around comes around Lydia, karma is a b****.
She's had to totally pivot her brand to go wherever the money is. There's a heap of instagramers doing fashion better than her, she has a shelf life when it comes to fashion and beauty, but guess what, gardening has no upper age limit! It's a shrewd move but she's no natural gardener and she won't capture the views of anyone already into gardening. The best she can hope for is capturing beginner gardeners and taking them on journey of learning about gardening along with her, rather than pretending she knows it all already. But humility isn't a trait that comes easily to our Lyds, eh.

But don't worry, if the gardening fails, she can always have a baby and shill new mum content! 🤦‍♀️

• Sad

Being nosey

Ok, so tattlers, I need a big ol slap about the face, I am feeling sorry for her tonight. On Alis vlog she clearly is lost, doesn't know what she is doing and is feeling overwhelmed with it all. She is not a natural, watching her digging away with that tiny decorator spade (would she ever think to get a big spade and put in a bit of effort) she should truly have just stuck to a few pot plants dotted around the back patio and left the garden just grassed, it looked lovely and relaxed. That picture I posted of the garden before they touched it would have looked lovely with an outdoor seating/dining area over under the trees. Covid and a year of lockdowns has a lot to answer for in the Millen Gordon garden. Maybe she is already realising she has taken on too much, too much work maintaining it all and heavens knows what's going to happen once she has to start cooking and eating all this veg. Imagine something like this out there.

• Haha
  • Heart

CarrotSunshine

I'm trying to listen to her talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking and talking about her new blog and physically feel my braincells dying. She would've been great at politics - talking so much and not saying shit. Again just "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimememememememymymymymy hope you'll enjoy memememe a DREAM"🙃🙃

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick

Gemma_NYC

VIP Member
MY NEW HOME 2021

"With that in mind, it seemed fitting that my home on the internet reflect my growth as a woman, business woman and blogger whilst also reflecting the incredible positioning of the industry in 2021."

So... Lydia herself (or Cawwie) is working overtime in a failed attempt to get that monstrosity of a site up and running -- whilst failing miserably at every turn.

It's clear Lydia hired Chloe Digital for one aspect, but not the general maintenance because if that were the case Chloe Digital would have had their site back up to snuff within working hours New York EST (the period in which it has been down).

This would not be the outcome at 9:30 pm NY EST...

Schadenfreude.

Lydia Millen Website Fail.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Sofie

VIP Member
So has she rebranded as a gardening channel cause that's all she fucking vlogs. Greenhouse, potting plants, potting veg, watering plants, talking about plants, buying plants in Garden Centre. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
Has she really re-branded to a gardening channel? :eek: But she knows nothing, absolutely nothing about gardening. She is a joke and an embarassment!!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38