Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ziggy Stardust

First time poster here so bare with me...

I started watching Lydia after getting a free gift from a cosmetics company about three years ago that she was associated with, and I dipped in and out of her vlogs for about a year. Then during the first lockdown I binged from Vlogmas 19 till summer 20 and could see with each video the change in her personality and some of the things she said didn’t hit the ear right and I was left feeling ‘did she mean that the way it was said?’. I also felt the content that featured Carrie was very mean girl vibes and the more that was shown the worse it got. From the way she interacted with Ali (he’s your husband not your handy man) to her incessant hauls during a period of time when many of her followers were losing their jobs just seemed insensitive to the current situation.

Then the Nicky situation happened.... and I was blown away by the way Lydia and her team have handled it. To not really address what happened and offer an apology (if I upset someone I would want to apologise for upsetting them, even if I felt like I wasn’t the only one in the wrong, I would still apologise).

I have to say I have seen a trait to this person I have witnessed forming over the past 12 or so months through her videos in which she seems to articulate being a victim and appears quite highly strung. From her dissatisfaction with her home (pulling it apart and putting it back together again repeatedly) it screams of someone who is in a very sad place in her life and is on self destruct mode.

What really brought this home to me and why I decided to write this first post is that I have just watched a couple of old vlogs of Lydia's from when she was in the old house and I have to say OMG!!! The difference in this woman is unreal! She was positive, radiant and laughing all the time, and the way she spoke to Ali was endearing and compassionate (totally different from the last videos where she doesn’t even appear to be that worried about his health issues!)

It seems that this unravelling is showing the world that, once again, money definitely doesn’t buy you happiness and contentment.

• Heart
Reactions: 85

bookworm_1

InkedIMG_1990_LI.jpg

Honestly so disgusted with their behaviour - they are no better than Lydia and whoever is responsible for their PR should be fired - deleting comments? Blocking customers? LOL grow the fuck up and own your choices. Their behaviour needs to be picked up by gossip channels.

Please ignore my typos - how embarrassing but i was so angry and typing in the rain LOL

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 85

LucyKat

As someone with a background in customer relations, NPS, satisfaction surveys and implementing customer improvement plans could I please make the following suggestion?
If you really feel the need to contact brands around Lydia’s behaviour, the following may get you more traction:
- send the complaint to CEO level via email, not social media
- language used should be void of personal opinions and emotions. Refrain from calling her a bully, narcissist etc. You could say her “behaviour would imply that bullying tactics are being used”. This is more factual than emotive if you see what I mean
- the complaint should be written in chronological order and with facts
- feel free to provide evidence, such as time stamps in videos, but again refrain from saying such things as “this horrible person says at 12:15 in xxx video....”. Instead just say, “an example of the behaviour that concerns me and led me to contact you today can be found.....”

I say this with honesty, so please no hate, but from my experience some of the comments that have been sent via social media will just be dismissed as people sending them are trolling Lydia and trying to cause trouble. The above approach gives a lot more weight to a legitimate concern or issue. As I say, from my experience anyway.

I do think she displays extremely problematic behaviour and the part that I can’t get past is the setting up the WhatsApp group to drag Nikki. For me that crosses the line from being caught in a meltdown and treating someone horrendously, to becoming vindictive and just plain nasty. I don’t disagree with contacting brands, but please consider how to approach it.

ETA - of course also include if this is making you reconsider being a customer of the brand, the impact on your custom is important, but must be worded without sounding too dramatic if that makes sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 81

happyforest

Chatty Member
Porter's behavior is not normal! I'm positively gobsmacked at how lethargic he appears when she approaches him. And that they are leaving him in the kitchen instead of all of them decamping to the bottom floor where there is still heat, that's seriously horrible "new puppy parent" behavior. That poor dog. I just can't believe it.

My new puppy passes out, zonks out, after our daily 20 minute walks (he is 16 weeks). He can sleep up to 2 hours at a time. But if I so much as take a deep breath he pops up, wags his tail and runs to me. Only if I am quiet and sitting next to him does he sleep on. No way would he stay in his bed as I talk to him and walk around. Her relationship with Porter is so tense you can feel it through the screen. I hope to God that she rehomes him. He deserves so much better. UGH!

The difference between Victoria/Boe and Lydia/Porter makes me instantly favor Victoria. She may be problematic in her own way, but she isn't an asshole to her dog the way Lydia is.

She is attempting to appear all light and goodness, "goody two shoes", inanely pottering about, wholesome styles, whilst ignoring the T-Rex sized elephant in the room of her ongoing horrendous behavior against Nicky Lazou. It is fascinating to watch her actually gaslight her followers.

Ali is just as culpable in my opinion.

Unbelievable. Truly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 77

LadyChat

Chatty Member
WTF? Your husband is diagnosed with borderline hypertension. So what do you do? Demand Pizza for dinner, and "gift" him alcohol and cigars.

How thick are you Lydia? (Rhetorical q.) :rolleyes:

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 77

Macson22

They are changing the flooring in the living room too where the fireplace is. 😰🤒 She has lost it.
I have never commented before but was so happy to find this site and realise there were people who thought the same as me. I was locked down 3 months in spain with only allowed out to go to supermarket. I started watching old Lydia videos and quite liked them. But after reaching her videos and seeing the constant redecorating, blagging gifts and really being the biggest hypocrite I have ever watched I couldn’t bite my tongue. The Amount of comments her and Ali delete if they offer any opiomanías different to own is insane. The way she called her free fire escape renovation a courtyard garden, the constant ad placements and asking for freebies. And now this whole I feel down I have been down I’m being bullied. It’s incredible. I think she is really on the brink of a nervous breakdown. I have no hate but the double standards is just way too much

• Heart
Reactions: 76

Peppypoopar

VIP Member
View attachment 455346
View attachment 455348
View attachment 455350

That jade roller was just photoshopped onto an old promotional picture, initially posted as an ad for ESPA on Instagram and then reused by Lidl on her blog for her "October Essentials Edit" (in which she does not include a single ESPA product).

Can't tell if ESPA are cheap or Lydia is lazy 🤷‍♀️
I've seen from plenty of experienced doctors who deal with skin, jade rollers do nothing and aren't worth the money.

So true
Screenshot_20210225_201027.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Rubythefirebat

VIP Member
Sad to see brands blocking customers. Gone are the days when customer was the king/queen or customer was the key. Truly SAD TIMES in LEM's words. Is an influencer more important than a customer?
I work in marketing but not with influencers. Blocking people on insta bc they gave negative feedback is so unprofessional and just wrong. Your job is to make solutions, not blocking people and actually making your market smaller.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

FlorrieB

WHAT KIND OF PERSON GETS A DOG IF THEY DON'T WANT THEM ROAMING ROUND THEIR HOUSE?! ..... this absolute bint makes me sick.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

peanut77

Noticed Ali’s nervous “twitch” is back again... he used to do that when he first appeared in Lydia’s videos a few years back. I think the first time I noticed it was the “boyfriend tag” video she did with him. I remember thinking it was quite endearing at the time and feeling a bit sorry for him because you could tell he was nervous, but he got out of it as he got his own channel and seemed to stop doing it. You can clearly see it’s re-appeared.
He looks thin, pale, drawn, tired, eyes sunken, his shoulders are slumped. Ali has even acknowledged this himself and said he’s “working on it” and that he just likes to have too many projects at once and works too hard. What concerns me is how dismissive Lydia seemed of the fact that he had to see a doctor and has got high blood pressure, almost not taking it seriously. If I was watching my husband physically deteriorate like this in front of my eyes, looking shattered and defeated, the last thing I’d be doing is sitting on my arse while he made me dinner, or asking him to do jobs for me. I’d be focusing on him, making him good meals, ensuring he finished work on time and got into bed early. (And no, not because I’m a woman, but because that’s what you do for the person you care about, when they are unwell, and I would expect him to do the same for me in return.) I feel as though Lidl’s dramas always take precedent in the bunga and Aldi’s problems come last. Almost as if she takes the attitude of “I pay for this house you’re living in so you’ll do whatever I ask.”
Interesting how many negative comments are on the “last 9 months” video now, from a few days ago and haven’t been deleted.

• Heart
  • Sad

blue_orchid

VIP Member
Watched most of the ESPA video event. Yeah, it's mind blowing how she is trying to act personable, funny, sweet but even she knows it is a fucking farce. I will never purchase a thing from ESPA or any bloody brand that continues to work with this bitch.

Her face looked liked a greased up turkey, ready for the oven, even before products were slathered on and clearly, she just had her lips filled again. Alex probably did it for her.

Sorry but her smug, arrogant look just is beyond the pale especially when we all know how she treated Nicky...followed by how she tried to manipulate everyone into believing she was a victim of an attack. What a cunt.

And the ESPA chick preaching positivity, love and kindness was beyond laughable....because the split screen shows a twat they chose to work with, who is vile and was unkind to another.

I hope ESPA feels the serious ramifications of choosing profit over ethics today. They're just as fucking complicit. As is under brand that chooses to work with this bitch moving forward.

• Heart

Muff_Puff

Chatty Member
Eww! 🤮 Who on earth would buy a USED crotch stained item of clothing from Lydia Elise Millen!?

No amount of Vanish (other products are available) is going to remove the yellow tinge from the crotch area. Don't even get me started on the G-String flossing her arse crack! 🤮

20210226_084033.jpg
20210226_084252.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 70

Cadbury11

Sad to see brands blocking customers. Gone are the days when customer was the king/queen or customer was the key. Truly SAD TIMES in LEM's words. Is an influencer more important than a customer?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Jessie98

VIP Member
Do you ever wonder what Alis folks and brothers make of her? I've a feeling she is not liked by her in laws. Especially since the marriage. She is just a very unlikeable person. I even think Ali regrets the marriage as she has gotten 100 times worse. Ali is or was out going. She never was. Ali makes friends with other influencers partners and then she falls out with them and he can't stay friends with the partner anymore. She alienates everyone eventually with her toxic personality

• Heart
Reactions: 69