Lydia Millen #59 The puppy lisperer appears, buying a dog won’t save your career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my best friends works for the boo hoo group and all I will say she is extremely high up on the board. Lydia has not designed any of the products but sat with staff and said what she would like and looked at the up coming releases and how she would “tweak” them and previous garments and just changed the fabrics! They purely “use her” as she makes them money and nothing more! She obviously told me more but I can’t say as it would compromise things ❤
Interesting insight, thanks for sharing!

I’m so surprised they’re even using her to be honest. Surely there are loads of way better influencers they could associate themselves with

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Interesting insight, thanks for sharing!

I’m so surprised they’re even using her to be honest. Surely there are loads of way better influencers they could associate themselves with
I think the issue is that influencers don’t want to be associated with the boohoo group. They may not be able to get anyone else.

Reactions: 48
One of my best friends works for the boo hoo group and all I will say she is extremely high up on the board. Lydia has not designed any of the products but sat with staff and said what she would like and looked at the up coming releases and how she would “tweak” them and previous garments and just changed the fabrics! They purely “use her” as she makes them money and nothing more! She obviously told me more but I can’t say as it would compromise things ❤

That makes total sense, it's not her collection and if you look closely at the KM website you will see they use the same styles over and over and just produce them in different fabrics and colours according to the seasons. So they've obviously allowed her to choose out of a selection of fabrics, or add a belt here and there. They are obviously not doing well because they have a permanent sale and even their 'new in' pieces are reduced. They are not a popular high street brand anymore, no shops, and no one sells them online anymore. They used to be sold on Next, Asos, John Lewis, House of Fraser etc. So there you have Lydiot's dreammmm - her collab she never thought was possible blah blah blah.

She's just an influencer whose 'style' seems to fit in with their brand, although they list sex toys under their accessories. Not sure if Lydia uses one of those!

Remember how she said her last 'edit' sold out within hours blah blah, of course it's all in stock in all sizes/colours, all reduced, as it was at the beginning.

So expect her new edit to be more along the same lines, styled with her Birkin and Louboutin's. Calf length formal dresses, totally unrelatable, totally pointless in a world where everyone works from home and wears loungewear. But you go girl, this is your dreammmm

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I must have missed the memo! What's the story behind this?

So she just has to make a point that Porter is warm enough on the kitchen floor. After we mention it here, so she’s sending us a message, HI LIDL 🙋🏻‍♀️
And then she shows us that he’s “allowed” in the living room after our comments about him being confined in the kitchen and with the gates up. I mean wtf kind of comment is “...he loves being allowed in the living room...”!??? Why are there rules? And I will bet my life on it that Porter is absolutely NOT allowed in the living room unless he is supervised.

I’ve never had a pet so please correct me if I’m wrong, but either a pet is allowed in a certain room or they’re not, right? Or maybe in some cases they do need to be accompanied, but would you go out of your way to keep them out of the room (locking doors, using gates etc.) and only let them in when it suits you?

Edit: you can totally tell that the dog prefers Ali. And Ali loves Porter, just watched his new video (well the first bit with Porter). How is it that he’s done such a sweet video that showcases Porter and there’s so much playful interaction, yet our silly moo moo only introduced him officially by bothering him whilst he was sleeping in his crate??? And we see none of that kind of interaction on her flogs. She’s such a bloody fraud!
We have to keep our pooch out of the snug, otherwise he gets up on the sofa. He wasn't supervised yesterday, which is why I spent the whole day stripping and washing the cream sofa covers (not technically washable, but I risked it) to remove all the mud he brought in from the garden. We had the sofa before the dog, otherwise it would probably have sludge brown covers so they wouldn't show the dirt 🙄

Reactions: 7
Really not feeling her casual Birkin 30 outfit or whatever she's calling it. Obviously a poor attempt at being relatable in a country where we are mostly wearing loungewear

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Oh Karen Millen — a bland brand that’s very hard to get excited about! 😐 They are much like Talbots and Ann Taylor in delivering basic classics that are reissued in new colors each season as a new “collection”.

Basically, they're formula brands who stick to their certain shtick with not much real “designing” involved. More so, they pick new swatches same as any of us ladies would do when selecting a new shade of paint for our bedrooms.

Don’t get me wrong all those brands serve a purpose and I have pieces in my personal wardrobe. But of the pack of these “premier” high street brands - Karen Millen really is the most mehhhhhhhhh no? 😖🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 21
Really not feeling her casual Birkin 30 outfit or whatever she's calling it. Obviously a poor attempt at being relatable in a country where we are mostly wearing loungewear
OT but did anyone else notice the Birkin Melania Trump was carrying yesterday? Reportedly crocodile ( 🤢 :cry:) and £51,000...

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I must have missed the memo! What's the story behind this?

We have to keep our pooch out of the snug, otherwise he gets up on the sofa. He wasn't supervised yesterday, which is why I spent the whole day stripping and washing the cream sofa covers (not technically washable, but I risked it) to remove all the mud he brought in from the garden. We had the sofa before the dog, otherwise it would probably have sludge brown covers so they wouldn't show the dirt 🙄
Oh Karen Millen — a bland brand that’s very hard to get excited about! 😐 They are much like Talbots and Ann Taylor in delivering basic classics that are reissued in new colors each season as a new “collection”.

Basically, they're formula brands who stick to their certain shtick with not much real “designing” involved. More so, they pick new swatches same as any of us ladies would do when selecting a new shade of paint for our bedrooms.

Don’t get me wrong all those brands serve a purpose and I have pieces in my personal wardrobe. But of the pack of these “premier” high street brands - Karen Millen really is the most mehhhhhhhhh no? 😖🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t know anyone who wears KM anymore - (I) because of association with Boohoo, and (ii) if someone didn’t care about the boohoo thing their clothes are still pretty boring - like it’s been mentioned before, same look just different fabric. I’d rather shop at Zara hands down any day!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So now she’s saving she actually has designed a collection with them? Yeah, find that hard to believe. It’ll be stuff that’s she’s picked out and stuck her name on like before. She has 0 sense of fashion or what actually looks good. I’m sure even Karen Millen wouldn’t even trust her to actually design clothing.
From the binch that doesn't know what deconstructed means.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I agree that was my thoughts too. I remember watching one of Em Sheldon's vlogs and she got ready to have lunch with her grandparents and had a top on that was slashed at the front down to her bellybutton with everything swinging in the wind. Why would you do that to your grandparents? I am not against dressing that way (well I wouldn't myself) but her grandparents are of a different era, same as Lydia's grandparents. Plus why would you dress like a hooker on your wedding day, I don't understand it? I wonder if she'll look back on those photos in later life and wondering why the hell she had those enormous melons out on display like that? It's just so trashy.
Exactly! She's practically shoving her boobs in the man's face whilst sitting on his lap. It looks SO wrong on so many levels

Reactions: 20
LOL

Lurker here.... I couldn’t help but notice ITF ensure she included herself taking the labels off of her latest Gucci / VB purchases in her reel today.

After someone mentioned LEM probably photographs with the tags on and sends back 🙈 I just thought it was a random thing to include!

Reactions: 27
Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 11.04.37 PM.png

As someone who boasts her massive influence and her sales power, idk if that is some kind of psychological manifesting or manipulation, but it doesn't translate well. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.