Lydia Millen #59 The puppy lisperer appears, buying a dog won’t save your career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tattlers, this Twitter thread has me seething! 😤

So my question to you, fellow Tattlers, is do I finally clap back at our Lyds, and remind her that she would not enjoy the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed if it weren’t for her loyal subscribers and followers, so it would serve her well to at least behave like a decent person towards others on her social media platforms?

Or do I simply reply to her comment with this receipt and ask if this is also part of her ‘job’?
Lydia is, at best, an illiterate wannabe model who is completely disregarding numerous lockdown restrictions to do photo shoots for a company that is widely known for manufacturing their clothing using slave labour in sweat shops, and she proudly plasters that all over her various social media accounts.
At worst, she’s the epitome of a selfish, insensitive, thoughtless, passive-aggressive, immature, entitled, vapid, greedy, irresponsible, obnoxious, ignorant, narcissistic 32 year old woman. END OF! 😡

ETA: Apologies for the lengthy rant, Tattlers, I just couldn’t hold it in any longer - I AM THAT FURIOUS.
@MissMidnight I was thinking about your post from earlier in the thread and how best to respond. Do you recall in one of the previous threads I think we were giving @AmaliaLana advice about her housemate and someone commented about psychology. In this instance we sometimes forget that we are dealing with a classic narcissist. I say this intending it to come from a good place because I would say I am a narcissist too.

It's very typical as we saw from your post earlier, for them to deflect criticism through a victim narrative and suddenly you are the bully/the one with the problem not her. She's going to gaslight and unlikely to change. So I wanted to make sure you were OK and had some tools to think about how you want to react, or not react.

According to this website 6 characteristics of a narcissist. (So much material to pick from I just used this one)
1. Needing constant admiration
2. Accusing you
3. Demeaning, demanding, bullying
4. Blaming others
5. Taking criticisms personally
6. Exploiting others

I think a very interesting tactic is once someone else has already made a challenge - go in and like their comment. I would love to see like overwhelming "like" to a comment someone already made.
This was another one we could "like" as an example screenshot enclosed:

was reading through the comments on lydiots new reel... this one by lydia hunter though 😂
The caution is this: by giving any attention at all we feed the beast. Which is ironic though because we are all here chatting when we could all choose to ignore. I'm conflict averse - so I think based on the above the best option is to come on here and post it to us as if you were sending to Lydiot which will give us all a smile (so you would be gifting enjoyment to us) and you still get it off your chest at the same time. x

1611429234966.png

1611429003913.png

Reactions: 21
Lydia says to one of the people who commented about there’s a pandemic and she says she does a lot for others and that’s her job! What has she ever done for anyone? What does buying two Hermes bags have to do with her job?
Did she buy a second bag?? What did I miss?!!

Reactions: 2
Did she buy a second bag?? What did I miss?!!
Typical lidl allusions, trying as usual to create that buzz and bump up the views. She tweeted that she had be offered one of her wishlist products, but it seems that it might, I say might , just be a belt!💩

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I haven’t forgotten about you @Milking Keynes!
Just waiting for my friend to get back to me, which will probably be sometime Wednesday because he doesn’t work Mondays and Tuesday is a public holiday here. ♥
You’re the best. If you did forget I wouldn’t mind in the slightest as I know how busy you are - xx ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Oops...
So grateful that you are happy for me continue as the updates come in. I have pointed out post 183 to explain How it came about. I only have an I pad Since my other devices are at my office that I can no longer attend since being in lockdown for the last year. The reason I was numbering them was to publish a definitive list with humorous extrapolations at the end of the thread. You butted in and spoilt that though. I am Chairman of a National Company and sometimes I have to work as well as monitor the avatars . Do allow me to hand it over to you as I now feel utterly deflated and somewhat belittled. Thank you.
@Oops... My sincere apologies, I didn't know what you had planned and I had no intention making you feel that way. I'm not performing counting and specifically said in my post that you were and had been tracking the Avatars. I just think it's difficult for people just joining the thread to read back 20 pages to catch up. People can go back to 184 but they don't, sometimes posts are hard to find and I wanted to help out given I do have access to a PC (I mentioned issues trying this on ipad) and I am currently not working. I had no desire to belittle or deflate you on this wonderful idea and everyone sees what an amazing job you have done in this thread and in all other threads.
Given what you have said about what I did and how I made you feel I don't feel it's appropriate for me to continue on Avatars as this is and was your thing from the start.

Reactions: 4
Oh, Lyds, you poor deluded muppet ... although you may THINK you look like you mean business in this outfit, the harsh reality is you look like a Hobbit and I don’t mean that in a cute way, lovely! x

View attachment 398113View attachment 398115
I certainly don’t want to feel like I’m wearing pyjamas when I mean business! I want to feel I’m luxe clothing or good quality clothing that will make me feel a million dollars! Good quality does not include Nasty Gal, H&M etc!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

“ Also remember that percentages matter. It can be tempting to get yourself in the mindset that you want an influencer with no fake followers at all. But, as discussed above, that’s likely not possible. Decide what percentages you find acceptable. A 5-percent fake follower rate is probably something you can work with. Twenty-five percent or higher indicates the potential for a bad influencer marketing investment.”

• Heart
Quick Solidarity Avatar recap for anyone joining the thread and wanting to know how to join in, I know these threads move so fast.
In the the last thread @PixelGirl and @Oops... suggested changing Avatars to a random object, as many of us were using pictures of our favourite influencers (gurning) and this might draw more attention to them.@Oops... has been keeping a count of all the new Avatars.

You are a creative lot! I've done my best to make an inventory of what has been used so far. If someone picks something similar to each other no-one will be offended but sometimes people want to have something different and not COPY others....

What we picked so far: apologies if I missed anyone off. Correct at time of publishing as they say!
  • $7 Tanning Kit Amazon
  • £1 Depop Clock
  • Antique bust –Amazon
  • Apostrophe S
  • Belt - cinched in
  • Books (faux gentleman's study)
  • Box of frogs (mad as)
  • Busicuit - Fortum and Mason
  • Busicuit - Nice
  • Butchers block (antique)
  • By terry (not an ad)
  • Captains wheel (gentleman's study)
  • Carrots – Organic Waitrose
  • Carrots with stalks (from the garden)
  • Carrots (Dirty)
  • Coat hanger
  • Coffee pie / Pie coffee
  • Coffin Beds
  • Door knob
  • Dior sage bag
  • Dishwater (Dull as)
  • Dog collar (Oversized/ Giant)
  • Domino Pizza
  • Dressing Gown
  • Greenhouse
  • Handbag handle condoms
  • Glass of clear liquid
  • Ladder (bespoke)
  • Lambrini
  • Loo roll holder
  • Louis Vuitton "Giveaway" bag
  • Meat thermometer
  • Money bank
  • Mug “You annoy me”
  • Mug, Villeroy and Boch (chipped)
  • Orchid (homage to depop)
  • Pasta (beige)
  • Petoskey Stone
  • Pheasant (dead)
  • Portable pet grass loo
  • Potato (Plastic)
  • Purdey pen holder
  • Red hair
  • Sage
  • Sausage roll
  • Screw (you)
  • Smeg fridge
  • Socks Logo
  • Specimen bottle
  • Sproots (pot of)
  • Sprootling – Basil
  • Thermomix / Thermominx
  • TU-Lips tulips
  • Two Short Planks
  • Tweed Apostrophe
  • Windex
People have picked amusing related things or you can just have a random object. Plenty of options of things left to pick
- The ring for toilet bell
- The unfinished book (the one with the sheep in)
- Dwarf wall
- Chanel Espadrilles
- Porch
- Cat scratching post
- No-one went for anything Downton yet!

Poo Bags

Dog carrier
Thanks for the recap I had completely missed this. I have changed mine now, not that it ever was interesting BUT I am now that mistake in her porch wall that I was banging on about a thread or so ago. Looove a mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think that you need an award for this work!!! I cannot sum up in any other words what you have just written.... GENIOUS .... @Oops... give this Tattler an award!!! @MissMidnight love all around ... I am 2 bottles deep so can't type but I AGREE ON ALL COUNTS ...

Whoever supports this pathetic excuse of a vlogger needs their head read .... she has never ever done anything for anyone unless it has benefitted her to some angle ... she has no feeling at all in what she does and if she was in the USA she would have been cancelled long ago and it is a long time coming that people realise who she is and what she stands for.

I never want to see anyone hurt or lose a job but frankly if she was in my company or any other company worth their salt she would have lost her job years ago. This is not being a bully or troll but the basic facts of working in business. These Vloggers and Blogers live free because society is innately stupid (Look at the Brexit vote) and they get away with crap like they do because no one holds them accountable ......no revolution was ever done without people standing up for what is right and wrong and in this day and age .. the cancer that breeds amongst us all is social media and it needs to have it's hey day and be gone like every other trend!
Thanks for the abundance of love, @Stefano! ♥

I completely agree with you regarding Influencers not being held accountable for their actions ... I cannot comprehend why these morons who are openly and flagrantly breaking lockdown restrictions for something as ridiculous as a photo shoot or a holiday have not been reported to the police.

On another note, I don’t think it even occurs to Influencers like Lydia that what they currently do for ‘work’ is not a realistic long term career option.

If Lydia was suddenly cancelled tomorrow, how would she survive financially given that she has no formal qualifications, no actual experience in the workforce, and no skill set of any value to fall back on?
At least Frow could return to lecturing full time and still live quite comfortably because unlike Lydia, she went to University (and actually attended her classes), earned her Undergraduate and Doctorate Degrees and consequently the right to be addressed as Dr Magrath - love her or dislike her, it’s the truth.

If I were Lydia I would be paying off the mortgage for The Bungalow as quickly as I possibly could, and saving to buy a car outright, while the money is still coming in rather than indulging in these frantic spending sprees on luxury items every other day, but it’s her money and her choice to do with it as she wishes.
Having said that, my point is that I highly doubt any of the subscribers and followers she has now will still be interested in seeing her do endless clothing hauls and constant unboxings on her vlogs, or liking and commenting on her amateur Instagram Reels, in ten years time.
The fact is that when her time is up as an Influencer, nobody is going to employ a middle aged woman who is basically unemployable!

ETA: I’m not actually wishing her any harm or hoping she loses her main sources of income, I just think she needs a serious reality check to smack the privilege, entitlement, and insensitivity out of her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Someone posted this in fleurs page I wonder if it would tell us how many fake followers Lydia has
Just for information, a fake following of greater than 25% is considered as suspicious. Even I have fake accounts following my smol Insta. So you will acquire some over the time. We don't have to overestimate the number. But yea, Lydia has a lot fake followers, as we could see last year, when the numbers arose.

I couldn’t use that site for some reason but I found this
According to this site, Lydia has a good engagement rate (everything over 3% is good), her comments are pretty low, but she also deletes a bunch. You can see that the engagement rate in her case, mainly consists of the likes. You can buy likes and comments as well.

Reactions: 10
Just for information, a fake following of greater than 25% is considered as suspicious. Even I have fake accounts following my smol Insta. So you will acquire some over the time. We don't have to overestimate the number. But yea, Lydia has a lot fake followers, as we could see last year, when the numbers arose.

According to this site, Lydia has a good engagement rate (everything over 3% is good), her comments are pretty low, but she also deletes a bunch. You can see that the engagement rate in her case, mainly consists of the likes. You can buy likes and comments as well.
I wish we would know the percentage of fake she has

I posted an article in a different thread about ritz hotel lost money on sending influencers on vacation

• Wow
Thanks for the abundance of love, @Stefano! ♥

I completely agree with you regarding Influencers not being held accountable for their actions ... I cannot comprehend why these morons who are openly and flagrantly breaking lockdown restrictions for something as ridiculous as a photo shoot or a holiday have not been reported to the police.

On another note, I don’t think it even occurs to Influencers like Lydia that what they currently do for ‘work’ is not a realistic long term career option.

If Lydia was suddenly cancelled tomorrow, how would she survive financially given that she has no formal qualifications, no actual experience in the workforce, and no skill set of any value to fall back on?
At least Frow could return to lecturing full time and still live quite comfortably because unlike Lydia, she went to University (and actually attended her classes), earned her Undergraduate and Doctorate Degrees and consequently the right to be addressed as Dr Magrath - love her or dislike her, it’s the truth.

If I were Lydia I would be paying off the mortgage for The Bungalow as quickly as I possibly could, and saving to buy a car outright, while the money is still coming in rather than indulging in these frantic spending sprees on luxury items every other day, but it’s her money and her choice to do with it as she wishes.
Having said that, my point is that I highly doubt any of the subscribers and followers she has now will still be interested in seeing her do endless clothing hauls and constant unboxings on her vlogs, or liking and commenting on her amateur Instagram Reels, in ten years time.
The fact is that when her time is up as an Influencer, nobody is going to employ a middle aged woman who is basically unemployable!
Lydia has a Bachelor's degree. It had something to do with business or marketing. She could fall back on that, since it intercrosses with her recent career. But I can't see her work for anybody. Narcs love to be self-employed, so they have no one bossing them around. Even if their business doesn't work out financially (my last boss and my ex brother in law, typical examples of that).

I'm still salty with her, that she didn't take the interior design route and educated herself. Lazy moo moo.

I posted an article in a different thread about ritz hotel lost money on sending influencers on vacation
Serves them right.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.