Lydia Millen #53 Gentleman's study, books for show, border of Bucks, tier 4, nowhere to go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered how someone came up with that conclusion...I eat with my fork in my right hand. My dad does too. No one has ever called us chavs 😂
Do people really think eating with your right hand makes you a 'chav'? Seriously never heard of that one.
Some religions teach you to eat with your right hand, if you didn't know.
In the uk it’s good manners to eat with your fork in left hand and cut food into small pieces with your knife in right, then push the food on top of your fork to place in your mouth (shouldn’t use your fork like a spoon or a shovel)

Fork in right hand and elbows on the table is a bit sloppy.

I also understand they do it differently in America. But here in uk we don’t eat like that.

Also each to their own. But, if your basing your brand and boasty internet persona on being luxe posh country dwellers, then good table manners are just the basics.

They expose themselves as being fake with their lack of table manners. It implies they were never taught manners or how to eat ‘properly’ which is where the ‘chav’ comment will have comment from.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Do people really think eating with your right hand makes you a 'chav'? Seriously never heard of that one.
Some religions teach you to eat with your right hand, if you didn't know.
Its more that table manner conventions in the UK, regardless of class, involve holding your fork in your left hand and not putting your knife down after you have loaded the fork up. I don’t think it’s a ‘chav’ move, but just a reflection of poor table manners.

@Lollylola got in just before me! Great minds think alike. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Carrie was with her family - she posted that she was out running in the morning with her sister.

Wouldn't it have been nicer if Lydia had shown them cooking together, or zooming their families or something that at least showed them together in that house not alone. And although their cheeseboard supper look nice, we all know it was because she is too lazy to actually make anything. She probably didn't want to take a photo of the dinner as it was obviously delivered in.

Noticed her followers went up by a thousand yesterday, so she's been busy buying again!

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Its more that table manner conventions in the UK, regardless of class, involve holding your fork in your left hand and not putting your knife down after you have loaded the fork up. I don’t think it’s a ‘chav’ move, but just a reflection of poor table manners.

@Lollylola got in just before me! Great minds think alike. 😆
Table manner conventions, like it! đŸ‘đŸ»

Have I missed the unboxing or has she just not done it???? Confused
I actually have no idea what she’s implying by that tweet. Just shows she has a chip on her shoulder about something from last year I reckon.

Reactions: 10
For those that would like a full transcript of @Oops... Fur Babies in the Woods, Christmas 2020 production, there is a link here where you can access a copy and download to your computer. I've saved and uploaded it as a pdf so it should save and open okay. I promise that I have made this all anonymous, so I am unable to even see how many people access the link and download, let alone who, so in the spirit of Tattle, your identities are all safe and remain anonymous. Merry Christmas everyone xx
Thank you so much for doing this! ❀

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Did anyone else think it ironic yesterday that after all of Lydia’s posting of looks and brands that will have made people feel like failures if they weren’t dressed up nicely and having the most perfect festive day, Lydia actually spent her day like this:

97F9D156-B0A2-4E1D-BB57-773B249F04CE.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Did anyone else think it ironic yesterday that after all of Lydia’s posting of looks and brands that will have made people feel like failures if they weren’t dressed up nicely and having the most perfect festive day, Lydia actually spent her day like this:

View attachment 360157
Because I believe they had to change their plans. I also just read her saying something about throwing together the flowers for the table "last minute", so again plans had to change last minute.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I've had a change of heart

Ha ha! Loving the clickbait titles!
As we are a week away from the new year I thought we could postpone the predictions poll to Jan 2021 and our next poll could be a vote on Lidl's worst moments of 2020.
Unfortunately there are only 10 choices on the poll so it will have to be the worst of the worst!
I'm up to eight ( globy, porter purchase, lumi sick, winston, coffin beds, study, flopmas, bot buying) so far. Please let me know suggestions! 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Haha I wonder how many comments she must get on her fake and bought followers.

I tried all different ways of putting it (I.e with dashes and spelling) but none worked.

Plus I made an innocent comment about how far apart they sit and within a couple of minutes it had gone. This was yesterday so no doubt in his stories where she’s sat there staring at her phone she’s just checking all comments are arse licking ones.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Sorry if this is already posted someplace else, I googled it and found her house. Oddly, when you hover over the house it says Lydia Elise Millen on the popup like in the screenshot I attached. All the other homes around hers just say the coordinates. This is the first post I've made, so apologies if it's showing up weirdly. :)View attachment 360084
So when Lydia says they live on a “private road” she actually means it’s just a country lane? đŸ€Ł

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

As we are a week away from the new year I thought we could postpone the predictions poll to Jan 2021 and our next poll could be a vote on Lidl's worst moments of 2020.
Unfortunately there are only 10 choices on the poll so it will have to be the worst of the worst!
I'm up to eight ( globy, porter purchase, lumi sick, winston, coffin beds, study, flopmas, bot buying) so far. Please let me know suggestions! 😁
Doh! Hairgate!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

One of the biggest for her was surely "The red hair".

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That study looks so cold, empty, and really just off! I really love the look of the bookcase (minus all the props) but it just looks so OFF! Why do they insist on having the gap at the top and not have it built to the ceiling? It's the same with their kitchen cabinets! I wonder if Lidl is afraid of the spiders up there? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My god, he just looks like such a wally. They seem to have no clear identity at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
In the uk it’s good manners to eat with your fork in left hand and cut food into small pieces with your knife in right, then push the food on top of your fork to place in your mouth (shouldn’t use your fork like a spoon or a shovel)

Fork in right hand and elbows on the table is a bit sloppy.

I also understand they do it differently in America. But here in uk we don’t eat like that.

Also each to their own. But, if your basing your brand and boasty internet persona on being luxe posh country dwellers, then good table manners are just the basics.

They expose themselves as being fake with their lack of table manners. It implies they were never taught manners or how to eat ‘properly’ which is where the ‘chav’ comment will have comment from.
I use my fork with my left hand because I’m left handed, my boyfriend uses his right. The idea of “good table manners” and a “correct” way to eat is quite classist when you look at it.

I definitely understand what you mean though, they do portray themselves to be lady and lord of the manner and Lydia most certainly does not eat with any grace from what we have seen when she shovels beige food into her mouth. They talk the talk but don’t walk the walk.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Love the idea on a throwback! So many memorable moments to choose....
we can share those special "memories" of things that brought a smile to our faces - I'm prepping my list now!!
Nice touch @Miscanthus x
I was also thinking since @Oops... kindly shared an insight into real life (and lots of lovely pet pics) - we could post pictures of our "normal" muddy field/dog walking boots. @guggugugu made me think its important we can see just why we think the "just for show" is so annoying. If you have doo-berry's good on you. Be nice to see what the "ordinary folk" do.

Why does one need an OUTFIT for just going for a walk 😂 Compared to brands Lidl wears for her catwalk show on a muddy road in the countryside, I feel trash in my walking "outfit" which includes Nike sneakers, H&M leggings, hoodie and a parka jacket đŸ€Ł

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think, if Lydia had children, she’d be one of those mothers who wouldn’t use the ornaments her children had made at Kindergarten or Primary School to decorate her tree because it wouldn’t be sympathetic to her “style”.
Don't forget she removed the wedding pics and her wedding band because it doesn't fit her ass-thetic. And the cat has no toilet or scratching post.

Sorry if this is already posted someplace else, I googled it and found her house. Oddly, when you hover over the house it says Lydia Elise Millen on the popup like in the screenshot I attached. All the other homes around hers just say the coordinates. This is the first post I've made, so apologies if it's showing up weirdly. :)View attachment 360084
Maybe someone made a business google on her name and tagged it. I don't think she did it herself. There was once a tag about LEM and clothing store :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.