Lydia Millen #48 Deck the halls with pheasants and holly; bots, naps and Bolly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One would hope these floggers would support #givingtuesday and do something good with their platform. Like something actually selfless unlike complaining about maybe being cold sleeping in a heated tent, in 50 layers, being fed, cackling with a friend..... but shine a light on some charities in serious need.
Welp.... here it is. The bag for giveaway tied to donating for Alzheimer’s. A good cause and I hope it raises money but it ain’t taking away the shame she must feel for being a fraud and using her grandfathers illness to deflect. Of course she makes it all about herself (the parents divorce 🙄) and really very little about this man’s life. But it is sad for any family.

I just don’t know if I can see any good intentions with her anymore.... I’m glad she hasn’t “asked anyone to subscribe to win” but I can’t help but think she will use this as a cover up and reason for 45k+ bought followers.

6D8BBEDD-EECA-4F82-8B43-0C819B226237.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Welp.... here it is. The bag for giveaway tied to donating for Alzheimer’s. A good cause and I hope it raises money but it ain’t taking away the shame she must feel for being a fraud and using her grandfathers illness to deflect. I just don’t know if I can see any good intentions with her anymore.... I’m glad she hasn’t “asked anyone to subscribe to win” but I can’t help but think she will use this as a cover up and reason for 45+ bought followers.

View attachment 330628
So she is doing a giveaway with one of her most used bags and personally I think it is the only one that actually suits her and doesn’t make her look like some kind of wh…. I can also imagine the state of the inside and the vachetta handle🤢🤮💩

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Welp.... here it is. The bag for giveaway tied to donating for Alzheimer’s. A good cause and I hope it raises money but it ain’t taking away the shame she must feel for being a fraud and using her grandfathers illness to deflect. I just don’t know if I can see any good intentions with her anymore.... I’m glad she hasn’t “asked anyone to subscribe to win” but I can’t help but think she will use this as a cover up and reason for 45+ bought followers.

View attachment 330628
Do we trust she will actually give the bag away ? We are still waiting for the winner of the last give away to be announced. 🤔

Reactions: 26
Here we go with the use of nonna/nonno to gain sympathy and engagement on her Instagram after all the duck ups she has done recently to make people dislike her.

Yes it’s nice people will donate but please make no mistake, this is 100% CALCULATED! She’s playing on people’s feelings.

It’s the classic influencer circle, provoke to piss people off and then deflect and gain sympathy, then provoke again.... it keeps people engaged and makes her money. Lydia Elise Millen is a company.
I believe this giveaway is real when i see it, she’s always faked her giveaways in the past.
How much have YOU donated Lydia!?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
The whole industry is basically fraudulent then? I could just go and start my own ‘Channel’ and buy all my views and subs, same on Instagram. What an absolute joke!
I mean if you have the money to regularly buy everything sure, however a good number of them have to be real or else no one would purchase influencer brand deals and affiliate linx

Don't know what the deal is now but I think youtube used to delete bots or innactive accounts

Reactions: 3
So she is doing a giveaway with one of her most used bags and personally I think it is the only one that actually suits her and doesn’t make her look like some kind of wh…. I can also imagine the state of the inside and the vachetta handle🤢🤮💩
I believe it is a new one.... but I’m sorry it’s really clickbait. Maybe I’m just so irritated with her I can’t see any good in this. I hope that clickbait raises a lot of money and goes to someone who deserves something good... like an essential worker

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I believe it is a new one.... but I’m sorry it’s really clickbait. Maybe I’m just so irritated with her I can’t see any good in this. I hope that clickbait raises a lot of money and goes to someone who deserves something good... like an essential worker
Good if it is new, do we really think that she would have spent 1410 pounds on a giveaway!🧐

Reactions: 18

Yep it is a new bag.

Bravo Lydia, a charity giveaway - we didn't see that one coming!

But then of course none of us would stoop as low as you to use click bait, and your grandfather's medical condition to get new subscribers!

Thinking about it, yes this is so so Lydia, conniving and crafty. She found something that looks so kind, considerate, genuine, caring (everything she is not) and posted about it, with a freebie bag thrown in.

This reminds me of the time Claire did a vlog about her Dad's heart condition or maybe kidney can't remember. She interviewed all her family and they all told their story and then she did a link to donate. Nothing like Lydia's, no click bait, no freebies, just a heart felt story about a horrible time in their family and the importance of the cause.

Also if you link a just giving page, it is a nice thing to do to make your donation first so people can see you are serious about this and how much you donated. But don't bother Lydia that's fine.

I am annoyed about this giveaway, because I know she is totally insincere and couldn't give 2 fucks about charity or anything or anyone else.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Scene 4. Same clearing. Same day

The curtain doesn’t have to rise because it’s still up! A fraught, pacing, half bald @Oops is on the phone to the A.A (Aircraft Association). @Miscanthus is fanning @Oops with the script and @Milking Keynes is picking up all the torn out hair from the floor and placing it in a bucket.

@Oops ...No...no I don’t think you quite understand. We need someone out immediately - if not sooner...to tow away this Supersonic Fighter Jet...no I completely understand that half of your staff are still on furlough...yes...yes...it has been a very bad year...yes....I know things are difficult right now...yes...but if I can just explain...I’m here being fanned with my own script...I’ve got The Rainbow Bridge Angelic Choir, 7 harpists and Ed Sheeran...all waiting in the wings...they’re ready to come on! No...no...not Fred Kieron ...Ed Sheeran...you know...the Perfect Ed Sheeran? Yes - Oh him! No, look I’m really sorry but this is an emergency...you have to send someone...WHAT DO YOU MEAN FIRST THING IN THE MORNING?

BLACKOUT

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Do we trust she will actually give the bag away ? We are still waiting for the winner of the last give away to be announced. 🤔
Omg imagine if she makes a bot win the bag so that she can keep it or sell it somewhere?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Although I cannot stand her most times and I am surely one to critically watch her, I think that one must focus on the good ones too. I do not know if the bag is new or not, if it is donated or bought full price by her, or if she for a fact is doing that in order to justify the increase on her numbers. I hope many many people join, even if she ends up getting a huge part in the Internet cake. For once she does actually something for charity, even if there is an alterior motive. Loosing someone you love, while one is still alive and very much here, is cruel. I don't care if she chooses to call her grandparents Nonna and nonno. They are her grandparents and even the most materialistic person has feelings for someone that played a major role in one's upbringing at a tender age and a situation bearing a toll for one's emotions. Let's not be worst than her when judging her. Let's hope this giveaway is successful and that the cause is served!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Although I cannot stand her most times and I am surely one to critically watch her, I think that one must focus on the good ones too. I do not know if the bag is new or not, if it is donated or bought full price by her, or if she for a fact is doing that in order to justify the increase on her numbers. I hope many many people join, even if she ends up getting a huge part in the Internet cake. For once she does actually something for charity, even if there is an alterior motive. Loosing someone you love, while one is still alive and very much here, is cruel. I don't care if she chooses to call her grandparents Nonna and nonno. They are her grandparents and even the most materialistic person has feelings for someone that played a major role in one's upbringing at a tender age and a situation bearing a toll for one's emotions. Let's not be worst than her when judging her. Let's hope this giveaway is successful and that the cause is served!
I couldn’t agree with you more! I’m mostly annoyed by her and the lack of proffesionalism she displays daily. Not to mention how she treats her followers. But I do feel she’s genuine about this actually and that on this we should give her some slack. Alzheimer is such a cruel disease and I wouldn’t wish this for my worst enemy. You loose them twice. My best friend is going through this now with her dad (he’s only 64) and it’s just so heartbreaking to watch. I’m sure it is for Lidl too. It’s at least a milestonr from the ‘sleeping outside’ embarassment from last year.

I have to apologize for my english, it’s not my language but hopefully it makes sence.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It IS smart of Lydia to clickbate her grandfather like this and to fake a giveaway to gain sympathy in between buying THOUSANDS of fake followers and being a fraud because anyone criticising it could easily be made to look bad.

Based on Lydia’s previous behaviour I don’t believe this to be genuine at all.
Well done Lydia, Alzheimer and grandparents are a soft spot for most.
Supporting charity is great but this is just a charade to increase her engagement on Instagram after we have pointed out her low engagement compared to her amount of followers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Whilst I completely support the cause and raising awareness for the charity, there is absolutely no need for her to ask people to comment on the picture - its just a sneaky way to increase her engagement numbers. Could have simply asked people to donate.

Will also be interesting to see how many of her 'loyal' nearing 1MIL followers will actually donate via that link.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She’s managed to raise some good money which is great. She just can’t help making this about herself and her selling out ways. Sorry to anyone who has or has lost a loved one battling this terrible disease. We have it in our family and it’s a horror story so I’m just sensitive to the WAY she uses this... and I don’t doubt she thinks she is doing a good thing but I just view it as selfish motives. good for the charity
230B4EC7-E3CA-49DA-B0F2-4F6324537862.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
So she's not just asking people to donate, she's of course asking them to share the link to donate, so of course she's going to up her subscriber count that way. She's up another thousand from this morning to 946 and looking through the newest followers, they seem to be genuine people.

She knows how well a giveaway worked for Lorna Luxe and others, obviously she wouldn't fork out for a Chanel bag though! Didn't someone post an article about how giveaways should be banned on insta, earlier in this thread?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Can you buy views / subscribers on YouTube? Obviously we can see that she’s doing it on Insta so I guess if there’s a way to do it on YouTube then she’d definitely do that too. I just want the brands to see - clearly she can’t charge what she charges for ads when her followers are fraudulent!
I don't know about the views, imagine that would a bit expensive. They have to watch a certain amount of the video. Bots can leave comments. I have seen some on other channels.

The whole industry is basically fraudulent then? I could just go and start my own ‘Channel’ and buy all my views and subs, same on Instagram. What an absolute joke!
There is one person Lillee jean and her mom Laur who are famous for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And it would explain why people like Lydia never keep a long-lasting relationship with brands. The only brand that keeps working with her long term is by terry, and maybe now KM.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.